Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give us a Bassist

• 25-01-2009 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Bassist Wanted
    Influences: stone rose's, the smiths, the jam, kasabian, oasis, the la's, the beatles, the rolling stones, the verve, kula shaker, ocean colour scene
    Playing Style: Mani, Paul McCartney, Andy Bell, John Power,
    Info: We need someone who can practice at least twice a week and has experience playing bass. We are currently playing acoustic gigs with guitars, vocals and percussion, but will be looking to concentrate on full gigs. We have our own 24/7 rehearsal space with full equipment. We are serious about music so if playing bass is just a part-time hobby then do not bother replying. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Falling Down

:D :pac: :cool: :eek:
    B U M P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭iplaygutar+bass

I've been playing bass since summer I'm a quick learner and can spare most of the weekends I live in Fairview. What genres you play?

I've been playing bass since summer I'm a quick learner and can spare most of the weekends I live in Fairview. What genres you play?
    Did you even read the original post?

if thats no. one up there then yea I did

if thats no. one up there then yea I did
    I've no idea what that means

The original post says we're looking for someone with experience on bass. you say you've been playing since the summer. the original post also says we dont want a part time person who is into music as just a hobby. You can make it for "most" of the weekend. Then you ask what genres we play. We've clearly listed plenty of bands aswell as plenty of bassists that would give anyone an idea of the kind of music we play. Maybe i shouldnt centre my posts, its probably confusing you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Age group would be handy? And what other members are there already?

Jammyc wrote: »
    Age group would be handy? And what other members are there already?

It says what members are there already. "We are currently playing acoustic gigs with guitars, vocals and percussion".

The original post has enough information for someone to make up their mind if they're interested or not. Age is irrelevant in what we're looking for. But dont let that stop another thread being destroyed by the usual bull****. Its no wonder the blizzards are the best thing to come out of this city in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

The rest of the posts by the OP have made me decide as well.

Only asked two basic questions and got an attack in response. No thanks

I thought it might be handy to know, just incase a forty year old man decides to come along and ye might be 17.

Thanks but no thanks, good luck to the poor soul who does join ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

hopefully i won't get my head bitten off too.. here's my question:

any samples of your music available?

Jammyc wrote: »
    The rest of the posts by the OP have made me decide as well.

Only asked two basic questions and got an attack in response. No thanks

I thought it might be handy to know, just incase a forty year old man decides to come along and ye might be 17.

Thanks but no thanks, good luck to the poor soul who does join ye.

Oh no please come back im sorry it'll all be much better if we just get along. Its an ad (not the first we've put up here) to join a band plain and simple. Its clear in everything we are looking for, there is no more information needed. We're sick of getting stupid replies from people who have no interest in music and are simply browsing and looking for a reason not to join a band. All 3 members of the band have come from similar ads on this site. Do you think we're pissed off because of 1 stupid question? We are just sick of people on here wasting time. If you REALLY wanted to be in a band, you'd see an ad that catches your eye and arrange to meet up for a pint/jam straight away and not spend eternity looking for a reason not to join. As for the poor soul who joins us, If you have had enough of these people give us a shout. And yes there are samples of our music available. Come out for a jam and you'll hear them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

listen lads simple rule for while yer one here dont be dic ks if people want to ask stupid questions let them ask stupid questions otherwise ur not gonna have any luck finding a bass player

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

ah leave him alone lads he probably had a hard day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭thegrove54

i been playing bass for 4 years but since yas were being so mean too the others i dont think ill offer

I meant if its the very first post on this thread then yea i read it lol

i asked what style do you play because an influence doesnt always mean your going to play same style...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmojo

Its an ad (not the first we've put up here) to join a band plain and simple. .

Prob not gonna be the last either bud.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

im gonna lock this simply because the threads gonna head down the usual route but mainly because OPs attitude is woeful to say the least.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement