Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

• 07-01-2011 6:29pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

A source within the industry who has previously leaked other information when I was writing for Xboxic (leaks include confirming Black Op's March 2010, Naming Kinect before E3 May 2010, First Gears 3 Images April 2010, amongst others) has informed me that an upcoming Call of Duty title from Infinity Ward will not be created on an all new game engine, and will not be released this year under the title of Modern Warfare 3!

It has been alleged that Infinity Ward are creating a game that will focus on the character Ghost who first appeared in Modern Warfare 2, this game will centre around the events leading up to the war in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as a prequel, and then further reveal how Ghost first became a member of Task Force 141 based on the comic book stories written by David Lapham. In various parts of the game that will focus on the life of Ghost - players will revisit locations from both Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2, but this time from a different viewpoint.

Although entirely a rumour - the game is meant to be in development on the Modern Warfare 2 engine. Robert Bowling (Infinity Ward's Community Manager) was contacted, but has neither confirmed or denied the rumours.

When an official announcement from both Activision and Infinity Ward is made regarding the Call of Duty title currently in development - we'll be sure to post it.

Opinions?

Not entirely sure what to think of a prequel tbh.

I don't have any quarrels with as the MW2 engine being used because frankly, it's excellent(zomg I praised MW2 for something, take a picture! ;))

Oh and also rumored are SP and MP maps being combined from both COD4 and MW2.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Yay Infinity Ward!

I never played the SP in MW2 or Black Ops and have no intention of doing so on MW3 so bring on the prequel for all I care :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

you'd need to be daft to buy a cod game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

preytec wrote: »

:facepalm: seriously not the right place to say that :p

preytec wrote: »

LOOK-They-see-me-trollin.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=TrollFacer

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yay Infinity Ward!

I never played the SP in MW2 or Black Ops
    and have no intention of doing so on MW3 so bring on the prequel for all I care :D

How come? theres some fantastic moments in both

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

would prefer to see a conclusion to the trilogy and a resolution for soap and price but it's difficult to see a game like that being created now that infinity ward have lost most of their key staff.

it would be strange to have ghost take on the role of the silent protagonist but if they manage to create a game with a good mix of stealth and action and give it a somewhat decent story then i will definitely buy it.

i have no problems with them re-using the MW2 engine, it works brilliantly. don't forget they still have to develop for 6 year old hardware!

krudler wrote: »
    How come? theres some fantastic moments in both

I just never had interest in it. Played a few levels of MW1 in in my friends house and when I got the game myself, just went straight online.

Guess I just prefer the fast paced action of online. Plus the verbal abuse you can give people is a bonus :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I wish they would bring out a game with map from places like Dublin/Belfast/London.. with real details :) so it feels like your fighing in Dublin City... Lets reenact the famous Battle of Tallaght :) (Tallaght Map would be needed :) ) -- Maybe in MW4 ??

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Fúck IW

Although, as always, I look forward to queing in tesco at midnight for this...

If they fix all the current issues with this game, I will jizz

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

<snip>

<snip>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

<snip>

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 53,756 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anybody except treyfail

but truth be told series is really boring at this stage, its pretty repetitive.

In fairness though Blops is a waay more secure game than MW2. No infectious modded lobbies etc.

oh your right there but mw2 didnt make my ps3 freeze, good connections, hitmakers alot better etc etc

if you could put mw2 and ops together and take out the bad bits you would have one of best FPS's ever

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Once they have dedicated servers (pc) and a finished product that works then I might be interested. Definally will wait a week or two to maybe unlike that shite Blops.

Have alot more faith in IW than Failarch to make a enjoyable game too.

Still hoping EA or some other company ups their game and takes over from the COD series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Should let Treyarch and Infinity Ward get together to collaborate on a game. Leave the game engine, physics and graphics to IW and let Treyarch handle maps, perks and game types.

Then, they're just might be a close to flawless CoD.

RMD wrote: »
    Should let Treyarch and Infinity Ward get together to collaborate on a game. Leave the game engine, physics and graphics to IW and let Treyarch handle maps, perks and game types.

Then, they're just might be a close to flawless CoD.

Somehow I just don't see that happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

The thing is, its going to be either incredibly different from cod4/mw2 or it'll be almost a clone of MW2. Almost the entire core is now working for EA now so i'd expect respawns first game to be more similar to the previous MW games than MW3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I gonna get killed for saying this but a game like BFBC2 combined with COD would be the best way to make a game.

I gonna get killed for saying this but a game like BFBC2 combined with COD would be the best way to make a game.

... combined how ? lol

Thats like saying, the best way to make a racing game would be to combine GT5 and Froza ! :P

Like knifing in BFBC2 is not a super jump across the map and its kinda more tactical
    And put in CODs weapons and maps=Unreal fun.

Holy F*ck sticks, I actually agree with Magill :eek:!!!!

:pac:

lol, so bf knifing and everything else from cod haha :D

And you love me rapist

Ye exactly and controllable tanks.

id get rid of prone, bigger maps than ops, no claymores. That's just stuff off the top of my head

Magill wrote: »

And you love me rapist

Where would I be without ya buddy :p

Ye exactly and controllable tanks.

Talking about Tanks, I got in my first tank in BFF and lol the state of me trying to drive the damn thing, i eventually bailed from it :D

• Advertisement

When I was in my first I didnt even move and I died.

Advertisement