Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Promotion

• 24-07-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I am going for a position within my company it's a manager of a team it's myself and a part timer.

She was a manager in another part of the company abroad before she had children I have only managed a guy who hopeless and while I have managed him well I think the fact he is not employee of the month may stand against me.

My manager supported my application saying he thought it would be a challenge for me but one I am ready for he on the interview panel too. This evening he told me to have a plan of what I would do prepared and the interviews will be hard. I always get preformed above expectations in appraisals and never have any work issues

I not sure if he said this to give me heads up or to tell me I hadn't a chance what to ye think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,653 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Treat it as a heads-up. Give it your best shot ... if nothing else, it's interview practise.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Annabananna

Now the other lady says it be great if they made it a joint position which has happened in the past should we go and suggest this or is she afraid I get it and she get nothing??

Advertisement