Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Azzis Restaurant/Takeaway Bachelors Walk Dundalk

• 22-01-2013 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone,

My name is Emma and I am 22 years old. I am currently looking for my birth father who used to work in Azzis restaurant in Bachelors Walk Dundalk during the late 1980's and early 1990's. His name is Kevin Cheung or Kevin Chow?? His boss was Ken Lam and workmates included his friend Sammy Lau and another called Ricki who saw me a few times after I was born who was a friend of Kevins. Last I heard Kevin could be in Dublin and he is married with a family.

If any of this sounds familiar to someone can you please get back to me.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

I think Lams have a chinese take away in Dublin St. Dundalk,think its called the Curry house,not just sure,maybe someone else here knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I have an idea of the people you are looking for. I remember Azzis as an Italian restaurant and the Mandarin further down Clanbrassil St., a Chinese, being run by the Lam's. I will inquire further and come back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MsEmmaLouise

Thanks I will enquire in the Curry House in Dublin Street and see if they know more... My uncle Sam used to work with him so I'll see if I can get anymore information from him.

thanks "tayto lover" :)

Just as I remembered Azzis was never a Chinese restaurant. It was Italian and owner/ran by a man called Alvaro Lucchesi. His son is an actor. The family may have a connection with another restaurant called Number 32 in Chapel Street, Dundalk, at the moment.
    The Mandarin Restaurant further down Clanbrassil Street (no longer in existence) was a Chinese Restaurant ran by the Lam family. Old Mr. Lam died but the family still have the Curry House in Dublin Street.

Hope you find what you want OP. Good luck :)

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for all your help I will enquire further to see if anything matches :)

There was a Cheungs Chinese restaurant also in Dublin St until a year or so ago. It changed hands regularly. I believe a Peter Lam was the person who ran it originally. It is under new management again and opening soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

There was a Cheungs Chinese restaurant also in Dublin St until a year or so ago. It changed hands regularly. I believe a Peter Lam was the person who ran it originally. It is under new management again and opening soon.

It's already open.Dont know who is running it but it's just up the street from The Curry House so worth checking out.

Thank you both for your help! My uncle used to work with my father and he is calling down to my house soon so hopefully he can help me too! I appreciate the help! Thanks! :)

Advertisement