Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

do things vanish and return?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

It always happens to me, I believe it 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

househero wrote: »
    Yes its always happening to my car keys...

Those pesky spirits

mobile phones too... those pesky spirits are fond of technology relocation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

lawred2 - If you don't cop yourself on and muster enough grey matter to contribute something useful and respectful to this thread, I'm going to remove you from the forum entirely.

The same goes for anybody else who defies the rules of the forum Charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Something similar used to happen in my grandmother's house years ago. I think I've posted about it here before. A lot of strange stuff used to happen in the house. Things would disppear and then reappear suddenly in front of your eyes. I remember it would always happen with my guitar plectrums- I would put the plec down on the bed in front of me and a few seconds later it would be gone. I would stand up (to make sure it hadn't made its way under my legs/arse) and there would be no sign of it. Rest assured, as soon as I would sit back down the plec would magically reappear in front of me.

The most memorable disappearing act was the stopper for the sink plug hole. Myself and my granny had eaten our supper one evening and all the dirty dishes were piled beside the sink ready to wash. Granny gets up to wash them and can't find the stopper. It's usually in the sink but the sink os now empty and there's no sign of it. We spend the bones of an hour rooting the kitchen apart looking for it and eventually give up, thinking it must have fallen down into some irretrievable nook or cranny. I go to the sink to make a cup of tea an hour later and there is the stopper, sitting in the middle of the otherwise empty sink :eek:

Also, my brother was home on a visit from new zealand a few years ago and on his first night back, he put his phone under the pillow and when he woke up the next morning it was gone. Turned the whole room (and house, subsequently) upside down but it never showed up.

Very strange but stranger because the year before, my uncle was visiting and had been staying in a different bedroom and was woken in the middle of the night by the sound of a mobile phone ringing somewhere in the room. It was ringing on and off for about half an hour and he pulled the room asunder but couldn't find the source and we never found an explanation. Maybe there is some strange connection between the 2?

Advertisement