Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alpha Inset Boiler Stove (AL375i-B)

• 01-02-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

http://www.hi-flame.com/catalogue_item.php?catID=9001&prodID=63337

Has anyone any practical experience/opinions of this stove?
    On paper it sounds good - 12.6kW with about 4kW to the room.
    However it's new and I haven't found any real life users of it.
    Made by Hi-Flame, who also manufacture Olymberyl, Horse Flame, and Precision brand stoves.

thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭MenloPete

OK - that was obviously not a popular question, so how about this instead? What multifuel stove would you recommend with a similar output (12.5kW)? An insert would suit me better, since I'm replacing a backboiler, but any suggestions are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 missilesting

Hi i just to let you know i'm getting the exact alpha stove you mentioned it was recomended by a very good mate who sells and instals stoves. i was looking at more expensive stoves like the strarford and esse but my mate said that the alpha was just as good and better value saving me 300 euro when he could have sold the more expensive stoves to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShaunHennessy

Hi, we have an Alpha inset stove with a month or so. It is heating 11 rads, incl. 3 doubles, plus the hot water. We have combined it with the existing oil system.

We are hugely impressed with the stove, and hardly use the oil at all, even in the sub zero temperatures this past week or so. We burn mainly seasoned timber, and coal. It takes a bit of coal to heat rads initially, but then the timber keeps them hot. we are lucky to have a good supply of timber, as the large grate, takes a lot of fuel. Would be expensive to run if you were buying all the fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭roshje

Just wondering MenloPete which one did you get and how did you find it?

Advertisement