Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Does tht work for people without dropbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Does tht work for people without dropbox?

Yes it will

Yes it does :P

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tiptopgolfy

When can we expect the new map to be installed by?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

When can we expect the new map to be installed by?

Hold your horses. This is just an idea. As of now there is no changes being made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Amazing stuff Xenon!:D

Yeah, so far this is just an idea. There is no confirmation as to what is happening.

Any thoughts, like what needs changing or altering?

Are there any mountains on the spawn islands?

The land seems... too flat...

Other than the waterfall one, no.
    I shall add some. Wasn't sure what would be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

pretty cool. Love the waterfall at spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Looks good xenon, can't wait to give it a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

There arnt really enough active people / factions to justify anything like superstate islands for each imho. Tbh the server is dead/dying. Back when the server was just SMP I don't think I ever saw 0 people on line, but now its a common occurrence, maybe getting up to 2 people at peak times.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Balance created by adjustments to rules and a more appropriate map might bring people back; on the other hand the inexorable slide toward the beginning of the school and college years is already beginning to tie up people.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

kronnn wrote: »
    There arnt really enough active people / factions to justify anything like superstate islands for each imho. Tbh the server is dead/dying. Back when the server was just SMP I don't think I ever saw 0 people on line, but now its a common occurrence, maybe getting up to 2 people at peak times.

Are you High? The server had 0 people on regularly back as Vanilla. I think your looking at this through rose tinted Glasses if it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Farcheal wrote: »
    Are you High? The server had 0 people on regularly back as Vanilla. I think your looking at this through rose tinted Glasses if it were.

:confused:

What, its hardly some sort of Revelation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Muck tinted glasses don't help either, and you're never on anyways so why do you care?

Factions has definitely impacted on playability. Everyone is always in either faction or alliance chat so it's less fun as nobody wants to have the craic, people only see about 4 other people in their faction now regularly instead of big towns we used to live in, and people just plain don't want to see others.

Here you go.
    high  

1. having a great or considerable extent or reach upward or vertically; lofty; tall: a high wall.
    2. having a specified extent upward: The apple tree is now 20 feet high.
    3. situated above the ground or some base; elevated: a high platform; a high ledge.
    4. exceeding the common degree or measure; strong; intense: high speed; high color.
    5. expensive; costly; dear: The price of food these days is much too high.
    Source.

What I think he meant was that Kronnn must of been too high up in the world(Possibly on a mountain) to see that the server did not have as many players as he thought.

Botulism wrote: »
    Muck tinted glasses don't help either, and you're never on anyways so why do you care?

Factions has definitely impacted on playability. Everyone is always in either faction or alliance chat so it's less fun, people only see about 4 other people now regularly instead of big towns we used to live in, and people don't want to see others.

Again, I am pointing out a simple Fact - Even back on Vanilla the Server had regularly 0 people on.

This is what happens after a few weeks, generally after a reset people devote less time to playing. It isn't just factions which has caused such.

Also, am I still not allowed to be involved in the debate? First off, I don't have as much time to devote to playing minecraft anymore, and even when I do I have to put other servers which I have duties towards first. As Such are you honestly telling me I am not allowed to comment on this? I could talk along a similar line as your, in that you played as a Neutral in a Neutral faction, But I won't as I don't believe such thoughts belong in this discussion.

• Advertisement

Seriously guys, we are now arguing about how many people were/are on the server?
    It's as if you guys have to argue about everything since you raided each other a few times etc.

Seriously guys, we are now arguing about how many people were/are on the server?
    It's as if you guys have to argue about everything since you raided each other a few times etc.

If a person makes a comment on the validity of my argument, no matter what situation it is, I will naturally reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Again, I am pointing out a simple Fact - Even back on Vanilla the Server had regularly 0 people on.

This is what happens after a few weeks, generally after a reset people devote less time to playing. It isn't just factions which has caused such.

Also, am I still not allowed to be involved in the debate? First off, I don't have as much time to devote to playing minecraft anymore, and even when I do I have to put other servers which I have duties towards first. As Such are you honestly telling me I am not allowed to comment on this? I could talk along a similar line as your, in that you played as a Neutral in a Neutral faction, But I won't as I don't believe such thoughts belong in this discussion.
    tl;dr warning:

Allow me to point this out: You only joined the server for the first time a few maps back. Having first played on this server back in March 2011, I can tell you that for the best part of a year the server always had a few people on, but those people have mostly left now. It may seem like this server regularly had 0 on to you, but that's only the case after many map changes.

With every reset, more and more long term players leave. Understandable, having built up a lot of stuff only to lose it all, and with more and more rule changes each new map, like losing /top and /home after map 1, implementations of new plugins etc.

Yeah, you shouldn't be involved in the debate, as you're not involved on the server and the debate is about what to do with the server. Voice your thoughts all you want, but to expect that your opinion should have as much weight behind them as someone who plays every day is expecting too much. Ususally when I did take a break from minecraft, I didn't post here with the exception of about 4 or 5 posts every few months.
    I don't have time to play either with work and all, but I do come on and play for a few hours on end, unlike some members of dreamteam such as yourself who've abandoned the server because you ragequit.
    The other servers are nobody's fault but your own. Until the tekkit server started, this was the only server I ever played on.
    I can say you shouldn't talk as you pretty much quit, and the fact that you still post here about the goings-on of a server you don't actively take part in almost seems like you're just stirring, seeing as you complain a lot here.

Now about that neutral thing.
    I think I've pointed this out already but I have to say it again it seems.
    The server and its players have always been fully neutral until this map. Any attacking anyone outside a spleef arena, any breaking into other peoples houses and stealing, that was all considered griefing and it was all bannable, which was fine by me because it worked. That was the way it was since February last year (I think, not too sure as I joined the server when the first map was 2 weeks old in March).
    That's 18 months playing that way, so forgive me if playing the way I've always played before now is such an irritation to you. I hate PVP, it's no secret, So being neutral was an instant decision for me when it was decided this server was going to have the factions plugin installed (Keep in mind that factions is only a plugin, and for all intents and purposes this map is still a vanilla map through and through (unless xenon's one is brought in, then this will be a 100% factions server pretty much) so I play it as such). I've ALWAYS traded on this server, since back on map 1 where there was an area shop plugin.

Why you look down on me because I play as neutral, in a faction I made only to hang out with other neutral players, is beyond me. At least I am taking part in factions.

Neutral > Ragequit

Botulism wrote: »
    tl;dr warning:

Allow me to point this out: You only joined the server for the first time a few maps back. Having first played on this server back in March 2011, I can tell you that for the best part of a year the server always had a few people on, but those people have mostly left now. It may seem like this server regularly had 0 on to you, but that's only the case after many map changes.

With every reset, more and more long term players leave. Understandable, having built up a lot of stuff only to lose it all, and with more and more rule changes each new map, like losing /top and /home after map 1, implementations of new plugins etc.

Yeah, you shouldn't be involved in the debate, as you're not involved on the server and the debate is about what to do with the server. Voice your thoughts all you want, but to expect that your opinion should have as much weight behind them as someone who plays every day is expecting too much. Ususally when I did take a break from minecraft, I didn't post here with the exception of about 4 or 5 posts every few months.
    I don't have time to play either with work and all, but I do come on and play for a few hours on end, unlike some members of dreamteam such as yourself who've abandoned the server because you ragequit.
    The other servers are nobody's fault but your own. Until the tekkit server started, this was the only server I ever played on.
    I can say you shouldn't talk as you pretty much quit, and the fact that you still post here about the goings-on of a server you don't actively take part in almost seems like you're just stirring, seeing as you complain a lot here.

Now about that neutral thing.
    I think I've pointed this out already but I have to say it again it seems.
    The server and its players have always been fully neutral until this map. Any attacking anyone outside a spleef arena, any breaking into other peoples houses and stealing, that was all considered griefing and it was all bannable, which was fine by me because it worked. That was the way it was since February last year (I think, not too sure as I joined the server when the first map was 2 weeks old in March).
    That's 18 months playing that way, so forgive me if playing the way I've always played before now is such an irritation to you. I hate PVP, it's no secret, So being neutral was an instant decision for me when it was decided this server was going to have the factions plugin installed (Keep in mind that factions is only a plugin, and for all intents and purposes this map is still a vanilla map through and through (unless xenon's one is brought in, then this will be a 100% factions server pretty much) so I play it as such). I've ALWAYS traded on this server, since back on map 1 where there was an area shop plugin.

Why you look down on me because I play as neutral, in a faction I made only to hang out with other neutral players, is beyond me. At least I am taking part in factions.

Neutral > Ragequit

My short paragraph was too long to read?

I hadn't even seen minecraft before until the start of this year. When I bought it, at that time, one of the first things I did was sign up to this server and start to play on it. Are you seriously saying my point can't be counted because I haven't played on the server since last year? Because I wasn't playing something I didn't know existed?

Then your stating simply because I am not on the server much recently that I comment on the goings on, I find that simply ridiculous. I still check boards the odd time, and am just commenting on the topic at hand.

Apparently I am "stirring" things up. Point of Fact is, I pointed out a bogus statement was wrong. There have been debates going on here for the last while, I challenge you to find 1 example of myself Starting/stirring an argument up in the last week.

I really don't understand why you brought up the point of map resets as if it is evidence in your favor, on the contrary. These are statistics. If people aren't on the server, then plain and simple they aren't there. I don't understand why you are arguing about it.

As the title of the topic Suggests " Boards.ie Factions Server 1.3" This is what the current iteration of the Server is about. And by not partaking in it, it leaves you purely with a speculative role and as a result detracts from your argument. Again, point is the server is currently factions are most people wanted it to become such. Bringing up past iterations of the server serves little purpose in this debate.

Also, at no point did I bring up the length of time playing on this server. It matters for nothing. I enjoy messing about the odd time on Boards, which I cannot do very often at present moment. I did not "RageQuit" I simply don't have the time to contribute towards it. I will point out, if you are pointing fingers at people for not playing and those making their points invalid, Didn't you leave the last server to another one because you were bored by it or something? :confused: I specifically remember you leaving the IP address of another server in your shop.

Apparently now, If another Server offers me the position of Moderator, I now must decline and take into account Iair shouting at me for not being able contribute time to boards.

Excuse me Farchel, I don't think there was any need for you to attempt to insult me. Please apologise and stop trying to cause arguments all of the time or I will petition an admin for at least getting you tempbanned.

I challenge you to find 1 example of myself Starting/stirring an argument up in the last week.

I believe I just pointed one out.

Excuse me Farchel, I don't think there was any need for you to attempt to insult me. Please apologise and stop trying to cause arguments all of the time or I will petition an admin for at least getting you tempbanned.

What can I say, Apparently providing another viewpoint is a banworthy offence now :confused:

I was providing a Rebutle to your statement. You stated something that simply was untrue, Correcting it was not stirring anything up. Iair started to argue about the impact of Factions upon player number, that my friend is not started by myself.

What can I say, Apparently providing another viewpoint is a banworthy office now :confused:

I was providing a Rebutle to your statement

I was referring to you calling me "High" and you know it, you are really not helping your case. As I said I will be expecting you to apologise.

I was referring to you calling me "High" and you know it, you are really not helping your case.

Wait....So your taking a joke....as if I genuinely jokes aside accussed you of being high? How is that even offensive?

What is the world coming to......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 gaynormark0

Wait....So your taking a joke....as if I genuinely jokes aside accussed you of being high? How is that even offensive?

What is the world coming to......

Please... do not try to claim that as a "joke". if you consider questioning the mental state of someone you don't even know a joke then you have a seriously skewed sense of humour :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement