Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fiona Looney's eerie comments hours before Gerry Ryan's death

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Very true methinks! Never forgot the vitriolic article she wrote about Madeline McCanns parents soon after she disappeared. On the other hand,her comment yesterday morning was just a cruel cruel twist of fate

Sean

I don't know what she wrote about the McCann issue, but any parents who go off to the pub to drink & leave their child alone in a house, really don't deserve to have children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

stovelid wrote: »
    SHE MUST BURN.

But not before answering a few questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 borninthe80s

I second the cruel twist of fate comment. She was just unlucky that it was broadcast to so many people and everyone has obviously picked up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I second the cruel twist of fate comment. She was just unlucky that it was broadcast to so many people and everyone has obviously picked up on it.
    she could have said it before about Gerry or anyone else and people would have laughed and that would just be a joke but because what she said happened unbeknown to her that he had actually passed away, you're right people picked up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

OH MY GOD! She should've touched wood.

yeah, that would have saved him for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭vonnie10

I'm sure she feels terrible about it, and it only makes losing a close friend and colleague even more distressful, so i'd feel sympathetic towards her. Little did she realise how ominous her remarks were. And i think it is fair to say that Gerry Ryan, if he really was the way he was portrayed in the media, would have found it rather amusing . RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rediguana25

Oh my god...i just heard that now! unreal...
    I still can't believe he's gone though- amazing how the death of someone like that could have such an effect on ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Does she do lotto numbers and game scores too I wonder??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

I can't stand that woman but that's pretty bad luck, I hope she doesn't take it to heart. I'm sure she won't, people often say things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

her friends in the daily mail or rte wont be ringing her to let them know there sick in the future, god bless her, i think herself and evlyn o'rourke should take over the show now, they knw the story with it, they wouldnt have to change the format but if a new face comes in like hector or someone, he'd have to have a completely new format, fiona and evlyn made such a great tribute show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

The_Joker wrote: »
    Does she do lotto numbers and game scores too I wonder??

I doubt it. She's on TV3 so much, she dosen't have time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh God, the poor woman, she must be mortified. Don't worry Fiona, I don't hold it against you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ROTTING CHRIST

I'd be more worried about Degsy's prediction in late 2008:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57558877&postcount=12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I've only one question about this - does anyone really f*cking care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'd be more worried about Degsy's prediction in late 2008:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57558877&postcount=12

In fairness he was never going to be a long-shot in the Dead Pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭FredBloggs

Gerry would be cracking up at it I would imagine... "Ya put your foot in it there, didn't ya Fiona"...

Poor Fiona, hope it doesn't effect her and the muppetry press don't blow it up.

You're bang on. I think Gerry would have loved her comment and any embarasment it caused her. The two of them seemed to get on really well and he seemed to really enjoy her contributions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

I've only one question

Where is harvey dent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

bazmaiden wrote: »
    What a tit
    Get off your bloody high horse.She made a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

stupid thread whtats the point ???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

My comments after he died were much better.
    Unfortunately, mods decided that Gerry Ryan was one of those figures that history should be rewritten for and, alas, my comments disappeared into the ether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

My comments after he died were much better.
    Unfortunately, mods decided that Gerry Ryan was one of those figures that history should be rewritten for and, alas, my comments disappeared into the ether.

If your comments were deleted then they deserved to be.

Many people said how they felt about Gerry on that thread and their comments remain.

See this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65678611&postcount=74

OutlawPete wrote: »
    If your comments were deleted then they deserved to be.

Many people said how they felt about Gerry on that thread and their comments remain.

See this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65678611&postcount=74

Do you ever get tired of being the conscience of this forum?

Do you ever get tired of being the conscience of this forum?

Ah, attack me rather than address my point.

I wonder why.

Ah, attack me rather than address my point.

I wonder why.

I wasn't attacking you.

I wasn't attacking you.

Of course you were, you never addressed my point, more interested in accusing me of being the conscience of After Hours, as if I was the only one that objected to the things that were said on that thread.

My point is, that many people said negative things about Gerry on that thread and they remain.

It's just that some chose to express their dislike of Gerry with some decorum and class and others did not.

It's not much to ask on the day he passed away, now is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysd6RnKIMGo

Poor Fiona must feel terrible for making those comments, but how could she have known? If only she'd known what she said was true :(

jesus thats pretty bad

Of course you were, you never addressed my point, more interested in accusing me of being the conscience of After Hours, as if I was the only one that objected to the things that were said on that thread.

My point is, that many people said negative things about Gerry on that thread and they remain.

It's just that some chose to express their dislike of Gerry with some decorum and class and others did not.

It's not much to ask on the day he passed away, now is it.

One of the 5 or 6 comments I left on it was (not verbatim)

A man I didn't know died last week.
    RIP different man I didn't know.
    He was our queen of hearts...or something.

Too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Only 60 posts in and already miles off topic.
    Enough threads on this subject.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement