Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nissan Primera

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Had a 2005 Nissan Primera SVE from new for 6 years and the only issue I had in all that time was to replace a wheel bearing which cost around €180 or so. (its all one whole unit or something like that).
    1.6L petrol is slow though and it's 0-100kph is about 11 secs or so. Mileage I was getting around 8l/100km and around 7.4l/100 when taking it handy etc.
    All in all though it was a very comfortable car and at the time the features such as sat nav, rear dimming mirror, leather etc all included made it cheaper than the rival mondeo/407 etc.
    Apart from that the only issue I read about them was window regulators which are cheap anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Thanks for the input. Have to buy a car in the next 2 weeks and came across the Primera, seems like you get a lot of extra features for the money, although the 1.5L engine for a car that size would be sluggish enough. It will be travelling short distance so I could get over this.

Currently making a shortlist of the cars I like and fall within my budget of 3 - 4K and will post soon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

They are a poor car. Heavy on fuel, not all that reliable, and average build quality. Tbh there is much better out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    They are a poor car. Heavy on fuel, not all that reliable, and average build quality. Tbh there is much better out there.

They also have the single worst gearbox ever coupled to any car ever. Don't know why, but something about that car in the ad above is screaming taxi (I know it's on a private NCT)...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Never had a problem with the gearbox and looking on-line there's barely any mention of an issue. I wouldn't say build quality is poor either unless you compare it to BMW/Audi/Mercedes etc but definitely comparable to Peugeot /Ford etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Blazer wrote: »
    Never had a problem with the gearbox and looking on-line there's barely any mention of an issue. I wouldn't say build quality is poor either unless you compare it to BMW/Audi/Mercedes etc but definitely comparable to Peugeot /Ford etc.

Ah no they are a poor car. If the op drops back a few years they can have an avensis or an accord. Both are massively better than a primera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Bit of a tangent here, but how can anyone have any comfort selling/take anyone seriously on adverts. That ad is a prime example, complete handys - swap x,y,z. Offer stupid money, sob stories - "it's all I can afford". What a crowd of tossers, personally can't understand how anyone can sell on it. Donedeal is the only place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Blazer wrote: »
    1.6L petrol is slow though and it's 0-100kph is about 11 secs or so.

If that is true then for a car of its size I'd consider that good for a 1.6.

There are better cars out there OP, the Avensis and Focus both 1.6 are worth a look. If you wanted to go slightly up in engine size then the Accord, Mondeo or Mazda 6 are also worth a look.
    Bit of a tangent here, but how can anyone have any comfort selling/take anyone seriously on adverts. That ad is a prime example, complete handys - swap x,y,z. Offer stupid money, sob stories - "it's all I can afford". What a crowd of tossers, personally can't understand how anyone can sell on it. Donedeal is the only place.

When I had mine up for sale on adverts I had someone beg me to let it go for 850 quid, telling me it's all they have and they had to get a lend and all that 😄

Advertisement