Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭hardybuck

solarith wrote: »
    3 games! Carlow at home, Leitrim away and London at home. Should take 6 points from 6 available. Clare are 2 points ahead but still have to play Wicklow today. Wicklow will have to beat them for us to stand a chance.

No Clare play in London today, and Kilkenny the next game. They should win the two of those handily, so promotion is a bit of a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

Shane o sullivan sent off for Waterford for second yellow card. Waterford 5 points, Galway 4

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Connelly gone for Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Good twitter account to follow for minute by minute account: http://twitter.com/#!/stephen_long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭Cake Man

0-8 to 0-5 at HT to Waterford. Doing well enough but had 7 or 8 widesso could be further ahead. SOS sent off (2 yellows), as was Connolly for Galway so it's a level playing field. We're in with a shout here, Galway showing their usual blow hot/blow cold form. Come on the Deise

• Advertisement

solarith wrote: »
    Good twitter account to follow for minute by minute account: http://twitter.com/#!/stephen_long

Yup himself and https://twitter.com/#!/GalwayHurling are giving non stop updates!

Yes, Shane Walsh goal just what we needed. 1-10 to 0-8

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so i guess Michael Ryan is staying then

Whos Nagle on for? :)

deise_girl wrote: »
    Whos Nagle on for? :)

Dean Twomey.

1-12 to 0-10, 15mins left

• Advertisement

1-13 to 0-11, 5mins left

1-13 to 0-14, Galway coming right back into it, just into injury time

Omg the tension!!!
    It feels like July so it does..

Pheww, just about got away with that! 1-15 to 0-16 get in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Cake Man wrote: »
    Pheww, just about got away with that! 1-15 to 0-16 get in! :)

Fantastic result. All the people who backed Waterford at 11/2 earlier in the week will be very happy!

Were you at the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

Fantastic result, superb effort from the lads! Hopefully that will be the kick start we needed to get us moving this season. Once again the overwhelming favourites tag just doesn't seem to suit Galway.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Fantastic result. All the people who backed Waterford at 11/2 earlier in the week will be very happy!

Were you at the game?

No, WLR all the way! Was tempted to take some of that but played it safe and backed us +4pts so happy days!

If we beat Dublin next week and KK beat Galway, I think that means we'll avoid relegation (head to head). With KK losing today, they'll be well up for wanting to win so we'll have to keep our side of the bargain.

No, WLR all the way! Was tempted to take some of that but played it safe and backed us +4pts so happy days!

If we beat Dublin next week and KK beat Galway, I think that means we'll avoid relegation (head to head). With KK losing today, they'll be well up for wanting to win so we'll have to keep our side of the bargain.

Yeah it's amazing how one win can possibly turn it all around. I think we'll have it very tough against Dublin but hopefully with a bit of confidence restored, we'll give it a good go.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Great win well done after a horrible week hopefully we can keep this form up for Walsh park for our clash with the Dubs. Had the misfortune to have to listen to this game on WLR. Very hard to follow the game with the type of commentary they seem to persist with, ah well maybe it was all the tension but a win at the end of the day is a fantastic result. Would have loved to have been there, Salthill is a great venue win or lose.

mccarthy37 wrote: »
    Great win well done after a horrible week hopefully we can keep this form up for Walsh park for our clash with the Dubs. Had the misfortune to have to listen to this game on WLR. Very hard to follow the game with the type of commentary they seem to persist with, ah well maybe it was all the tension but a win at the end of the day is a fantastic result. Would have loved to have been there, Salthill is a great venue win or lose.

It'll be in Fraher next Sunday v Dublin. All to play for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭seananigans

At last a bit of good news,was anyone there ? was there a change n the body language of the team,im curious as to how the old guard affected their performance

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

doz wrote: »
    Fantastic result, superb effort from the lads! Hopefully that will be the kick start we needed to get us moving this season. Once again the overwhelming favourites tag just doesn't seem to suit Galway.

like us any time were favourites we end up getting f**ked

great result one we needed badly. Hon the deise

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Funfair wrote: »
    Waterford are available at 11/2 to win tomorrow, that's definitely worth a punt as Galway are no Kilkenny and Traditionally we hold no fear of them..

I would except our record at salthill is dreadful. I cant ever remember winning there

Well ya won't forget this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

It'll be in Fraher next Sunday v Dublin. All to play for!

Is it, Dublin will be happy with that decision. Hope there won't be a big wind have a very bad memory of getting a right trashing there by Dublin a few years back.

Is it, Dublin will be happy with that decision. Hope there won't be a big wind have a very bad memory of getting a right trashing there by Dublin a few years back.

Bad and all as Walsh Park is, I hate Fraher Field as a venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 abbeysideFB4L

i dunno i think fraher field is a lot better than walsh park

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭lovelypoint

Great win in Salthill, even if it felt like a championship game with the nerves at the end! Great to banish the Salthill hoo-doo also, these sort of things are made to be broken, and what a day to elect to do it, after the turbulent week we've had. A big well done to all the players, and all involved, for pulling out the stops to get a badly needed result today, and here's hoping we can use this as a platform to avoid relegation!

With the ways things stand, if we can give the Dubs a good old lash next weekend and come away from Fraher Field with a victory, we may even avoid the relegation playoff should KK win in Nolan Park next weekend. It is true, a win can do a lot to restore a little confidence, and imagine Waterford hurling fans are breathing a little easier after todays result, and the hope we can retain 1A hurling for next year.

On a related note, I hope the bookies were taken for a nice sum, with the ludicrous odds they were offering on a Waterford win! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭thesultan

Here comes Jamie Nagle the single handed golfer:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

i dunno i think fraher field is a lot better than walsh park

Its a much nicer pitch than walsh park.

it can tend to be a bit windy at times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

According to RTE Sport in their report on today's game, are saying that Brother Philip Ryan has stood down as a selector and is to be replaced by Sean Cullinane, a good move in my eyes if true.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/2012/0325/313466-galway-waterford/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003042696667

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement