Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your Soap Best and Worst

• 15-08-2008 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

What's do you love and hate about your favourite soap? Pick one of each, so we'll have a balance.

BEST

My Fair City best is Leo Dowling. I was genuinely touched by his performances over the last few days. I'm not saying he's the best actor on the show, but he gets an awful lot of bad press. Judging on the Lana story, he doesn't deserve it. A lot of actors would be flailing all over the place, weeping and moaning. Leo is playing it shell-shocked and vulnerable, and letting Mick and the detectives be the tough guys.

WORST

Worst is the sets. The colours look like the kind of cheap paint that schools and hospitals get donated. Worst of all, they look like sets. They're too clean for a start. Where's all the scuff-marks and the wear and tear? Costumes get overdone too. Last night Ali was wearing something shocking pink in her fluorescent green kitchen, and the telly turned into a lava lamp for two minutes.

Any others?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

My favourite is Corrie

BEST: The writing - some of the dialogue is priceless, makes me laugh out loud especially by the oldies (Blanche, Norris etc).

WORST: Some of the story lines can be dragged out way too long and you're just like 'Get on with it!!'
    eg, Sally and Clare's house swap went on and on and on..... and more recently Jerry Mortons wife feeding him too many drugs, she's moving out, she's staying, she's moving out again, Oh - she's back! No one cares, just get on with her being found out (you know it will happen eventually!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

worst: emmerdale... (why):eek:
    best: fair city, homegrown and getting rather good!! :)

Advertisement