Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Back to the issue...

What is the story with them playing? When you look at lineup, it seems like there are too many headlining acts for two days... i.e. Vilagers, Spiritualized and M83...

I think your getting it mixed up, as far as I can see B & S is actually 3 days, 22nd - 24th June, maybe your mixing this up with the Westport festival thats on the same weekend on the 23rd and
    24th June.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I think your getting it mixed up, as far as I can see B & S is actually 3 days, 22nd - 24th June, maybe your mixing this up with the Westport festival thats on the same weekend on the 23rd and
    24th June.

B&S is only on the Sat and Sun night, there are no acts on the main stage on the Fri night.

Have a read of their website. It explains all.

On twitter.

Body & Soul @BodyandSoulIrl
    @lordgoat Hi. Yes, they [M83] are definitely coming to Body&Soul :)

lordgoat wrote: »
    B&S is only on the Sat and Sun night, there are no acts on the main stage on the Fri night.

Have a read of their website. It explains all.

It says nothing about the actual days so how do you explain the 22nd, whats on, on Friday? http://bodyandsoul.ie/index.php?noShow=1

It says nothing about the actual days so how do you explain the 22nd, whats on, on Friday? http://bodyandsoul.ie/index.php?noShow=1

Seek and you shall find.

Q. What is the earliest I can arrive to the festival?
    The campsites opens Friday 22nd at 6pm. You will need a Friday Add On Ticket to access campsites on Friday. There will no music on Main Stages but there will be access to the campsites and woodlands)
    For Regular Weekend Ticket Holders Campsites are open at 9am Saturday 23rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

M83 are also on the line up for Primaveria Porto but they (M83) don't have it listed on their website. I'd imagine that their show listings on their website just isn't up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Doinker wrote: »
    M83 are also on the line up for Primaveria Porto but they (M83) don't have it listed on their website. I'd imagine that their slow listings on their website just isn't up to date.
    agreed, and they've just got the wrong date up for Southside festival in Germany, which they're playing on the Saturday, and not the Sunday as stated on their website, then flying over here on Sunday to play B&S that night, then Belfast 2 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

My God, I'm a big M83 fan but i didn't realise as a species we come across so utterly horribly as human beings.

Please just go to the Belfast show, no one will want to hear whingers over the weekend complaining about a two bob festival. Being the highlight each year of EP and selling out each year since it's incarnation as it's own stand alone festival and the fact that it is so highly regarded by acts such as Spiritualized and M83 speaks volumes for the quality.

Have yet to hear a single negative report about this festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

can anyone tell me did this sell out last prev years?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

yep sold out fairly quickly - thinking of going myself this year and hoping the tickets don't sell out just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Raymysterio

Hi anyone else get accepted for volunteering?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Beans_On wrote: »
    can anyone tell me did this sell out last prev years?

Don't think so. I bought my ticket on the Saturday of the event last year.

Haven't left it so late this year. Great line up, small capacity and no Oxegen could see it selling out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

think ill pay the ton,drive down from dublin on the sunday catch m83 then get the **** out of dodge.they are too good a band to miss. cant do mandela hall. ill be at the chili peppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

think ill pay the ton,drive down from dublin on the sunday catch m83 then get the **** out of dodge.they are too good a band to miss. cant do mandela hall. ill be at the chili peppers.
    :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

:rolleyes:
    Speak up son

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Speak up son
    You've a very vocal opinion on the festival already, and I don't like feeding the troll but...

Have you ever been to the festival, first and foremost? Your attitude stinks of someone who has never been, I'd be surprised if you were ever in the surrounding area tbh...
    Sure Delvin isn't the most heavily populated place (referencing your other post about it being in the middle of nowhere), but why does that matter? It's in the middle of the country, perfect for anyone whose driving and an alternative to Dublin-centric gigs/festivals.
    The grounds themselves add hugely to the atmosphere and it's a great setting for such a boutique festival. Why are M83 playing? Maybe it's because of the quality line-up, maybe it's because they were paid a fair bit, who knows?

How can you call it a two bob festival when basically every poster here has talked about how it's one of Ireland's best run festivals?

Do you dismiss it because you haven't heard of all the bands on the lineup?
    Are you devestated Oxegen isn't on this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

While I agree with much of the sentiment of the last post, we are spending too much time and effort (i.e. more than zero) feeding this particular troll.

Let's focus on something more rewarding, like idle speculation on what other acts will get added to the bill or something...

In that spirit, I'll ask my own question.

Am trying to decide whether to head down on the Friday night which would mean buying the add-on ticket - do people think there's going to be anything in terms of music that night (like a DJ set or something?) or is this really just permission to pitch your tent in advance of things kicking off Saturday afternoon?

The next person that calls another poster a troll is getting a long long ban.

If you think someone is a troll, report the post. Responding to it is the same as trolling imo.

As ever, if anyone wants to discuss this, send me a PM. DO NOT reply on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Anyone know when the day split is announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

In reference to my earlier question re the Friday night, the website states that there will be "no music on the main stages on this night" - I guess what I'm wondering is will there be music on something that is not a "main stage"

I'm pretty certain none of the advertised acts will be on but am wondering will there someone playing a dj set in the woods or something...

I haven't been to the festival before so have no idea of the layout or what type of set-up there is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Just how many stages are at Body and Soul? Is there other little stages scattered around the place or just the mains stages listed on the website?

Am I right in assuming there is a lot more acts to be announced e.g. emerging Irish acts?

Hi anyone else get accepted for volunteering?? :D

Yep I got accepted, looking forward to this now, will see ya down there Raymysterio.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Getting excited for this now.
    Exam on the monday before, taking the following monday off work.

Our little tribe is growing, it's going to be absolutely great. Can't make the picnic (although bar Van Dyke Parks and Sigur Ros there is little of interest in that lineup this year) so this will make up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fuineamh

check this out we are bring it to bodyandsoul festival and Life www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZkXFf-nxZU

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Dowdy

fuineamh wrote: »
    check this out we are bring it to bodyandsoul festival and Life www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZkXFf-nxZU

Jesus, those drummers are tiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fuineamh

Dowdy wrote: »
    Jesus, those drummers are tiny!
    ('^")

:cool:

if any B&S volunteer in the south east (Waterford area) needs a lift up the week b4 hit me up!:pac: excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 booyakasha

Easily one of the best festivals I have been to. Find it more enjoyable as a festival on its own than part of EP. Small festivals just have this charm to them&more intimate setting.

Def a must go to festival this summer among few others!

Advertisement