Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go Fu.ck Yourself

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    FYI, in Dublin, someone coming up to you and asking for the time is usually a prelude to a mugging. OP you were very rude and insensitive. I hope you will be more considerate in future.
    Yep, don't scare people like that just because you can't be bothered carrying a time-telling device with you.
    He went a bit far telling you to go fck yourself though, the proper response is always "Time you got a watch"... or do what I do and pretend he doesn't see or hear you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

That is what someone said to moi today on Dame street when I asked them for the time. I just said excuse me do you have the time and the guy who seemed, by looks, normal enough just turned back to me as he was walking past and said Go fcuk yourself. :eek: By normal enough I mean they didn't look like a skanger or scumbag.
    Ye. Sorry about that. But you scared me. Nobody connects eyes in the city centre.

*shudders*

Btw. It was a quarter to two.
    Has anyone else experienced that level of rudeness or dished it out?

Dished it. Too much filth around to be a friendly anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nowye'retalkin

Abigayle wrote: »
    Ye. Sorry about that. But you scared me. Nobody connects eyes in the city centre.

*shudders*

Btw. It was a quarter to two.

Dished it. Too much filth around to be a friendly anymore.

Wow The lesser spotted gob sh1te.

Nice atempt at being funeh. Be funeh elsewhere?

Wow The lesser spotted gob sh1te.

Nice attempt to be smart.

/Fail.

Now yer talkin' through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

This reminds me of a day I left my mobile phone in the car, and asked a guy on the street , if I could use his for a minute ..............and he told me he did'nt have one on him....next thing is .. his mobile phone rings !

Next I asked a security guard outside large store .......He said '' what would I be doing with a mobile phone '' ..............I could actually see the phone in his pocket !

This was in Waterford ...by the way

Was in Belfast with my girlfriend recently, we were walking through a shopping centre on the saturday night and I asked the two very big and burly security guys the best place to get a taxi (as we were clueless and needed to get across town).

One of the guys took out his own mobile phone, asked where we were headed, called a taxi firm, told them where to collect us and where we were headed and then pointed us to the collection spot.

Couldn't have been nicer and we both remarked, haven got lost a few times and needed pointing in the right direction, just how friendly people up there were. Even just in general. As for the OP, that's a very generalised statement about Dublin based on one eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

miju wrote: »
    excuse me it's the wallet inspector :D

hate them bastads :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

What time was this exactly?

Go Fu.ck yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

This reminds me of a day I left my mobile phone in the car, and asked a guy on the street , if I could use his for a minute ..............and he told me he did'nt have one on him....next thing is .. his mobile phone rings !

Next I asked a security guard outside large store .......He said '' what would I be doing with a mobile phone '' ..............I could actually see the phone in his pocket !

That's nearly as bad as the time I got onto the DART and suddenly realised that I'd left my phone on a bench at the station.

Realising that my only hope was to ring it and maybe get it handed it.

I over-reacted (as I do).
    I sprinted down the carriage to the first bloke I saw and shouted "quick give us your phone".

The guy started screaming his head off, shouting for "HELP".

In my haste I'd failed to notice the white stick between his legs,
    the poor chap.

On the plus side, I got my phone back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭JoeyW

This was once the land of the friendly Irish (Dublin) but have we gone all modern and lost our old oirish friendlyness?

IMO I don't think Ireland is as friendly as it used to be anymore. I live in a smallish town in the midlands and years ago you would be in and out of the neighbours houses and vice versa, today I don't even know my neighbours names, we say an odd hello and thats it. It's not just Dublin, the whole country has changed.

In fairness though, I would never give anyone a loan of my mobile phone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nowye'retalkin

Abigayle wrote: »
    Nice attempt to be smart.

/Fail.

Now yer talkin' through it.

Don't be a hater Aby,

Be yourself. You could do better but at least you have a starting point.

Be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

consultech wrote: »
    Go Fu.ck yourself.
    Was that your sense of humour,or were you disguising your disdain with a full stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Was that your sense of humour,or were you disguising your disdain with a full stop?

I'm guessing twas humour! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,640 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That is what someone said to moi today on Dame street when I asked them for the time. I just said excuse me do you have the time and the guy who seemed, by looks, normal enough just turned back to me as he was walking past and said Go fcuk yourself. :eek: By normal enough I mean they didn't look like a skanger or scumbag.

Was kind off shocked really. Has anyone else experienced that level of rudeness or dished it out?

This was once the land of the friendly Irish (Dublin) but have we gone all modern and lost our old oirish friendlyness?

:( Is Dublin now London mark II
    maybe he was having a bad day? scumbag kids used to love asking me for the time because I said it all yanklike - oh its three forty seven intstead of quarter to four. It seemed to astound them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Biggins wrote: »
    They even come to your house.

I was (and still am - 1 left) giving away free 2 21inch monitors.
    Advertised them on an Irish recycle site during the week. Described them very well.
    Chap contacted me then to say he wanted one.
    "Fair enough, its yours for the taking".
    He turned up at the house two days ago. We went to the shed to get one and when I broke my back lifting the damn thing - he took a look at it, turned to me and said "Sod that - I don't want it" and turned and marched off without saying "hello, good bye, sod you or thanks but no thanks..."
    Nothing! He just went through my sidegate and buggered off. Leaving me and the wife standing there open mouthed with shock looking at each other!

If that wasn't bad enough, he then later went to the free site and gave out that he had spent 20 quid on petrol for a wasted journey on a monitor he didn't want!!! WTF - You'd swear I was to blame for him taking a huff!

(I had even provided him with the picture of the monitor before he came. Ya can't win!)

I was going to take the monitor if you're missus bent over to pick it up but when I saw the crack of dawn from your jeans I said boll0cks to that!

Overheal wrote: »
    maybe he was having a bad day? scumbag kids used to love asking me for the time because I said it all yanklike - oh its three forty seven intstead of quarter to four. It seemed to astound them.

But how did they know?

Do you carry round a sign saying "I'm from America"?

no, first time it was an honest question.

Don't be a hater Aby

Abi is a lover, not a hater. Why dont you be somewhere else?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

well in fairness if some random person on the street asked me for my phone i would say no too.

rofl at mental image of Overheal parading around Dublin like the Pied Piper of Hamlyn,
    dressed like Uncle Sam with a parade of little skangers
    trooping around after him chanting, "here mister, gis the time"...

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Technically, three forty seven is not a quarter to four.

• Advertisement

rofl at mental image of Overheal parading around Dublin like the Pied Piper of Hamlyn,
    dressed like Uncle Sam with a parade of little skangers
    trooping around after him chanting, "here mister, gis the time"...

I'm sorry Overheal, don't be offended.
    It's just some nonsense, dancing around inside my silly little head...

youre a strange man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

It does seem a tad excessive.....

Had the opposite happen to me, We were on holiday in Cyprus and found that our phone wasn't roaming :( and one of the locals in th e bar came up and offered us his phone :) so nice for a complete stranger to lend us a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

"the friendly irish" ya right:rolleyes:

we were never friendly in the first place....its a self-delusional myth

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

That's insane. But yeah i'll admit if someone comes up to me and asks me for someone I do generally fob them off.

too many people look for money off you these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

FYI, in Dublin, someone coming up to you and asking for the time is usually a prelude to a mugging. OP you were very rude and insensitive. I hope you will be more considerate in future.

FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

fryup wrote: »
    "the friendly irish" ya right:rolleyes:

we were never friendly in the first place....its a self-delusional myth

i'm plenty friendly to people! A man called me courteous after I served him in work today :)

btw, what does selfdelusional mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Biggins wrote: »
    They even come to your house.

I was (and still am - 1 left) giving away free 2 21inch monitors.
    Advertised them on an Irish recycle site during the week. Described them very well.
    Chap contacted me then to say he wanted one.
    "Fair enough, its yours for the taking".
    He turned up at the house two days ago. We went to the shed to get one and when I broke my back lifting the damn thing - he took a look at it, turned to me and said "Sod that - I don't want it" and turned and marched off without saying "hello, good bye, sod you or thanks but no thanks..."
    Nothing! He just went through my sidegate and buggered off. Leaving me and the wife standing there open mouthed with shock looking at each other!

If that wasn't bad enough, he then later went to the free site and gave out that he had spent 20 quid on petrol for a wasted journey on a monitor he didn't want!!! WTF - You'd swear I was to blame for him taking a huff!

(I had even provided him with the picture of the monitor before he came. Ya can't win!)

I just don't get what goes through the mind of people like that.

EDIT:

Just sit back for a second and ask yourself, if you REALLY needed to know the time or contact someone in an emergency and you had no phone and there isn't a pay phone in sight what would you do ? Really ?

Advertisement