Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to upgrade your Hotmail account to 250MB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I haven't bothered changing back from Florida. Also have a Gmail. Don't like the lack of folders but I'll try it for a while. I like the way it links emails in groups though.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Also have a Gmail. Don't like the lack of folders

There are folders they are just called 'labels', basically the same thing. :)

DrEvil wrote:
    There are folders they are just called 'labels', basically the same thing. :)

I don't agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't agree.
    Me neither, labels are far superior. You can't sort your hotmail folder based on a search statement.

seamus wrote:
    Me neither, labels are far superior. You can't sort your hotmail folder based on a search statement.

If you have that much mail that you can't organise it in folders and need to create a search statement to fnd stuff then you have other problems. You only need a search statement in Gmail because it doesn't use folders. Its a completely different paradigm. I don't need to search my mail to find things.

Well I do in Gmail...

• Advertisement

If you have that much mail that you can't organise it in folders and need to create a search statement to fnd stuff then you have other problems. You only need a search statement in Gmail because it doesn't use folders. Its a completely different paradigm. I don't need to search my mail to find things.

Well I do in Gmail...
    I couldn't be arsed deleting mail in Gmail because it's so much hassle.

I'm actually finding this archiving deal handy as it allows me to go waaay back find mails.

seamus wrote:
    I couldn't be arsed deleting mail in Gmail because it's so much hassle.

I'm actually finding this archiving deal handy as it allows me to go waaay back find mails.

Personally I keep an offline store of my emails that I can include in a backup process. I know I can still do this with pop3 access to Gmail. Best practice would be an online store AND a offline store.

Personally I keep an offline store of my emails that I can include in a backup process. I know I can still do this with pop3 access to Gmail. Best practice would be an online store AND a offline store.
    Horses for courses I guess.

I've no use for an offline store at all.

seamus wrote:
    Horses for courses I guess.

I've no use for an offline store at all.

...or a backup?

...or a backup?
    Nope.

• Advertisement

Excellent thread. I got my 250MB inbox in less than 24 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you could do what me and my g/f did.

bugger all. not a thing. and I don't even use my hotmail for email anyway, just for messenger.

and every few months I forget to use it, and it gets cancelled anyway.

does this mean we're extra special? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Karsini wrote:
    Excellent thread. I got my 250MB inbox in less than 24 hours!
    I'm starting to think I did something wrong :(
    I followed the steps and the inbox went from 2mb to 25mb as expected but that was about 3 weeks ago...
    Why can't I get a 250mb inbox? /me stamps his feet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

SickBoy wrote:
    I followed the steps and the inbox went from 2mb to 25mb as expected but that was about 3 weeks ago...

Patience :D Mine took about a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭SickBoy

ElNino wrote:
    Patience :D Mine took about a month.
    I am being patient but Karsini got it upgraded in 24hrs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Cheers ElNino, 9 years with a 2 mb limit, free at last

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

SickBoy wrote:

Just Relax, I'm still at 25MB but at least thats better than 2MB. It'll be upped sooner or later...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

wow works for me too.. thanks :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ammm...the *only* problem atm with doing this is that Hotmail thinks your a new acccunt and as of recently, new accounts can no longer use Outlook Express with Hotmail. Old users can still use it but new users wont.

I've lost my outlook ability with one of my upgraded accounts this week. :( and wouldn't ya know it, it's my most used account too.

nads.

kaimera wrote:
    ammm...the *only* problem atm with doing this is that Hotmail thinks your a new acccunt and as of recently, new accounts can no longer use Outlook Express with Hotmail. Old users can still use it but new users wont.

I've lost my outlook ability with one of my upgraded accounts this week. :( and wouldn't ya know it, it's my most used account too.

nads.
    I heard that MSN are supposed to be dropping this for free accounts anyway.

• Advertisement

SickBoy wrote:

I upgraded 3 accounts. 1 took about 48 hrs. 2nd one about 3 weeks and the 3rd one still hasn't happened yet.
    kaimera wrote:

nads.

I've lot Outlook and Outlook express access on my hotmail accounts since christmas. Something which I had been doing for the past 4 years or so. To be honest it was so slow connecting that I had been using it less and less.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

:D Worked Perfectly!!!!!

Just Wonderin Thow ,

ElNino:
    How did ya find Out abouT it???
    And are There anY Catches?

Its posted all over the web if you look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

Cheers guys,

Cant wait to get the 250mb!! itll be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thanks. Just upgraded my 2 Hotmail account to 25MB's each.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

I know I'm a bit late to the party here but this is not working for me at all. When I try changing my profile information and click on 'Save' at the bottom of the page it looks like its working but just throws me back to the same (my profile page) over and over again. So I eventually choose the 'Cancel' button at the bottom of the page and sure enough when I go back in again my new profile has not been saved :(

Heeeeelppppp :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Didn't work for me. Won't save my location information, could it be firefox?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

jees, that was fierce easy to do, nice one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

mp3guy wrote:
    Won't save my location information, could it be firefox?

I was sure that was it too - typical Microsoft tactic I thought. But no, didn't work on IE either. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

It didn't work for me either - I tried to change my country to the United States but the change wouldn't take hold.

My wife has a UK registered Hotmail account that is hardly used with 250 MB, yet mine which is Irish registered and in constant use is stuck at 2MB

grrr :mad:

Advertisement