Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron Micro Desktop €149 @ DELL Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

guil wrote: »
    I was looking at that last night and in the green box on the right it said there was 2 special offers. One was €80 off or the other was free delivery up to 28/10.
    It's hardly another €80 off is it?

That's the discount we're getting to make 149/127.

If you check on your basket you'll see the 80 quid off there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

nevermind, marc posted before me...

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Hi all . enquiring for a friend . hope someone here can advise me . does this mini PC connect to the TV via HDMI? and would it be suitable for running a programming such as Google sketch up? .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Hi all . enquiring for a friend . hope someone here can advise me . does this mini PC connect to the TV via HDMI? and would it be suitable for running a programming such as Google sketch up? .

"HDMI and DisplayPort connectivity give you easy connections to multiple displays"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,956 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Just google minimum system requirements for sketch up and see what it says, if spec well below recommended requirements probably not well suited for running the software

"HDMI and DisplayPort connectivity give you easy connections to multiple displays"

Did you open the link?

yes I did open the link . I'm not very good with technical terms and was not sure if multiple displays included TV screen. apologies for asking a question .

Just google minimum system requirements for sketch up and see what it says, if spec well below recommended requirements probably not well suited for running the software

thanks very much I'll certainly do that. we did not know about system requirements for programs . learning every day!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It looks like it won't meet the requirements for SketchUp :
    1 GHz processor.
    4 GB RAM.
    16 GB of total hard-disk space.
    300 MB of free hard-disk space.
    3D class Video Card with 512 MB of memory or higher. Please ensure that the video card driver supports OpenGL version 2.0 or higher and up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

What did you think the HDMI port was for - connecting to a toaster?

No real need to be an arsehole, to be perfectly honest.

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote:
    It looks like it won't meet the requirements for SketchUp :

ya I just checked there. pity. if anyone could recommend something similar with the right requirements I'd be grateful. it will basically be used for sketch up only . thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What version of the Intel HD graphics card does it have does anyone know ? I don't see it specified in the specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

fdevine wrote: »

That's a very good review, thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Don't need this.

I don't need this.

Where is my credit card.

Xcellor wrote: »
    Don't need this.

I don't need this.

Where is my credit card.

Yup.

"Damn you, BA!" is going to be on my two gravestones.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I don't have a home computer and am thinking about buying this. Would it do the trick? Could it run the likes of adobe audition etc? I will be using it for college tasks..

What screen have people bought who intend to use this as a home computer for this? Plus a keyboard etc?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone got a discount code for dell.ie? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭fdevine

Xcellor wrote: »
    Don't need this.

I don't need this.

Where is my credit card.

Same here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Yup.

"Damn you, BA!" would go on gravestone if I hadnt already purchased it 3 years ago due to a bargain alert for O'Learys Funeral Discount Centre.

Fixed!

• Advertisement

Take out the keyboard and mouse and add the wrist rest as discussed and this is £82.08/€112.55 when bought on dell.co.uk. Add ParcelMotel fees for Irish delivery and it's still cheaper.

I bought off their outlet 6 months ago - Parcel Motel works so long as the first line of the address you use matches the first line of your billing address. After that first line, put in your Parcel Motel address and it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TJ_M

Great price, would you reckon this could play full HD video?

Anyone know if that wrist rest would fit ok in a parcel motel collection box? Might go for the cheapo mouse if it's a risk of being marked oversized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Yup.

"Damn you, BA!" is going to be on my two gravestones.
    Along with the link for the discount gravestones with 40% off.
    Take out the keyboard and mouse and add the wrist rest as discussed and this is £82.08/€112.55 when bought on dell.co.uk. Add ParcelMotel fees for Irish delivery and it's still cheaper.

I bought off their outlet 6 months ago - Parcel Motel works so long as the first line of the address you use matches the first line of your billing address. After that first line, put in your Parcel Motel address and it should work.

Might be a small saving but might be a serious pain if it needed to go back to dell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Will this be ok for streaming?

Will this be ok for streaming?

That's practically what it's built for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

goddamit...couldn't resist....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Couldnt resist. Think its time to stop following the Bargain Alerts forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭long_b

Does the one year warranty still apply if you buy "overseas"?

• Advertisement

• Just purchased one myself. Anyone know if it takes a while to receive an email confirming the order.
    Order seemed to go through ok but didnt get any email yet.

Nevermind, I just received the email.

Advertisement