Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My experience

Options
  • 25-08-2015 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I know this isn't a definitive experience or one which is particularly interesting. in fact, I'm hoping to be told just how crap my story is an how easily it's debunked!

A few years ago, my house had been renovated. Our house is about 70 years old and has always belonged to relations. House renovated maybe 10 years ago....no issues ever.

Went to college in 09 and admittedly drank a LOT....but on easter hols i did not go drinking once. This was after my 18th. First night I felt a sudden chill and something brush against my head in bed. For some reason thought it was my 18th balloon but kept quiet as I knew that couldn't wander round by itself. Told mum the next day and she of course told me balloons didnt walk by themselves.

Next night, I feel a similar sensation, very chilled suddenly. closed eyes in fear. Daydreaming but think I felt someone say 'hello' outside my head....again I just sat with eyes squeezed shur in fear. I heard something slide up on the bed (balloon) and then a hand run over my head and attempt to place a shushing finger on my lips. At this point I woke and SHRIEKED. The figure on my bed grinned horribly and disappeared into a point behind it. It had a creepy, clown esque smile but I know it was no good.

Reading over this sounds pathetic.......I know my experience wasnt as scary as many peoples'....but it's terrifying if it's new to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

going to sleep and walking up are the two times when its hard to determine if something paranormal has happened, or if its just yourself. people often use the words 'sleep paralysis' as an overall definer, and if you use that to include going to sleep and coming out of sleep, then I think it would fit your description. I wouldn't say it's paranormal. I'd say its probably just normal brain function when you're tired/drifting off to sleep.

Once I was drifting off to sleep and I thought for all intents and purposes that I was still wide awake. i wasnt though as I was dozing. I heard someone say 'shh! we might wake him!' and then I kinda came to, jumped out of bed thinking 'wtf was that!'. Ended up it was simply just me half asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭goose1

Usually I would agree entirely and for years I actually just told myself it was sleep paralysis! But I actually sat bolt upright in bed and watched the figure turn and disappear so I certainly wasn't paralysed and was awake enough to be sitting up... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Paranormal Etcetera

Interesting read. Can you describe the clown esque smile further.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

goose1 wrote: »

Next night, I feel a similar sensation, very chilled suddenly. closed eyes in fear. Daydreaming but think I felt someone say 'hello' outside my head....again I just sat with eyes squeezed shur in fear. I heard something slide up on the bed (balloon) and then a hand run over my head and attempt to place a shushing finger on my lips. At this point I woke and SHRIEKED. The figure on my bed grinned horribly and disappeared into a point behind it. It had a creepy, clown esque smile but I know it was no good.

Reading over this sounds pathetic.......I know my experience wasnt as scary as many peoples'....but it's terrifying if it's new to you.

Sounds terrifying too me :eek: Just too be clear were you fully awake when it put its finger on your mouth?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭goose1

Yes, I was, although thankfully it wasn't clamped down preventing me from moving or anything. More of a one finger 'Shhh' type thing. I know I was awake though, particularly as when I jumped up and started screaming the house down I could still see the figure and although that was when it turned and left I had already been awake and this just gave me more time to witness what was happening. I also had been wide awake to that point although some have tried to convince me I'd drifted off and that's where the whole incident arose from.

As far as the clown-like smile, maybe clown-like isn't the right expression. It was a VERY wide, sinister seeming smile on a normal size head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Paranormal Etcetera

Ok that sounds like a smile I wouldn't want to see.

Advertisement