Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

OU812 wrote: »
    Got my physical card this morning. Snazzy packaging.

Yeah thought that was a nice touch

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

The PIN for my card was accessible from midnight under the "My Card" section, so I guess you have to wait until the day after the apps suggested posted/arrival date to be able to look at your PIN, unless you message their customer service once you get it if you really need access to it that day. Tried customer service myself earlier for PIN access, but they never got back to me to fully sort it out after passing me on to tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

Envelope arrived. Slice down the side where the card was!!! I'm guessing it's not much use to anyone. I know our postman & he didn't do it but says it goes through so many hands hard to know who took it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Energia and Paddy Power won't accept it online. I used it ok with Electric Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

dwasol wrote: »
    Envelope arrived. Slice down the side where the card was!!! I'm guessing it's not much use to anyone. I know our postman & he didn't do it but says it goes through so many hands hard to know who took it.

Report it to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Amouar

cartwheel wrote: »
    I and a few other people on this thread have topped up using credit card and there has been no cash advance fee.
    I topped up €20 with credit card, received £5. Exchanged that to €6.86 and then deposited €26.86 to my bank account using IBAN/BIC. Simples.

I contacted them and they said that they don't accept CC for top ups, so maybe it's just a current glitch in the system, and they disable CC soon.

I sent a bank transfer today as I don't want to use my debit card, I'll let you guys know when the money will be credited to my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

dwasol wrote: »

Menu > My Card > Block Card

Menu > My Card > Reissue Card

Amouar wrote: »
    I contacted them and they said that they don't accept CC for top ups, so maybe it's just a current glitch in the system, and they disable CC soon.

I sent a bank transfer today as I don't want to use my debit card, I'll let you guys know when the money will be credited to my account.

Amaziing! Money received the same day! I will stick to bank transfers from now on since money can reach my revolut account on the same day if the transfer is made before noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is this a wireless card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Hootanany wrote: »
    Is this a wireless card?

Yes, there are no wires needed for this card

It's not contactless though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Energia and Paddy Power won't accept it online. I used it ok with Electric Ireland.

Bet 365 will accept it .

My card was to be printed Aug 27 but it does not have a tick to say it was. Anybody else come across this?

It says it will be posted Aug 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

My card was to be printed Aug 27 but it does not have a tick to say it was. Anybody else come across this?

It says it will be posted Aug 31.
    Wouldn't worry about it
    Mine didn't update till the day it was supposed to be be delivered.

I added my Revolut card to Paypal and confirmed my card. They made 2 charges - $1 (€0.89) and £1 (€1.38) so confusion!

The £1 (€1.38) charge had a 4 digit code and I've already used this successfully to link my card on Paypal.

The $1 (€0.89) did not have a 4 digit code.

I'm guessing I'll only get the £1 (€1.38) refunded back to my Revolut card but I hope I'm wrong.

I might have to chase Paypal for the $1 (€0.89) -we will see.

I added my Revolut card to Paypal and confirmed my card. They made 2 charges - $1 (€0.89) and £1 (€1.38) so confusion!

The £1 (€1.38) charge had a 4 digit code and I've already used this successfully to link my card on Paypal.

The $1 (€0.89) did not have a 4 digit code.

I'm guessing I'll only get the £1 (€1.38) refunded back to my Revolut card but I hope I'm wrong.

I might have to chase Paypal for the $1 (€0.89) -we will see.

Hi,

Had the same issue. What you will get back is 1.33 (instead of 1.38 due to crap paypal exchange rate) credited to your paypal account.

The $1 (€0.89) is an authorization which should expire in a week or so and be credited back to your revolut account.

Did you e-mail Paypal for your 5 cent? (I'm serious)

I just tried to put €5 in to my Paddy Power from PayPal and it show's my €1.33 as you said is back and then a figure of £2.77 GBP so it looks like I would have to pay in pounds and not euro's in to Paddy Power??

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

How do you top up with a bank transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Recived my physical card yesterday

I have tested P2P payments, bank transfer top-up, debit card top and used the card last night in Tesco and Cheers off licence.

Everything works beautifully (with zero fees) and the icing on the cake for me is that Bitcoin support is coming soon according to support

I also signed up a few family members and got £5(~€6.80) commission credited to my account as soon as they topped up

"How do you top up with a bank transfer?"

If you tap 'Top Up' then tap the top menu 'Top up by Card' you will see another option 'Top up via Transfer', if you tap that you will see the necessary information to top up Revolut via a bank transfer including an 8-digit reference number that is unique to the user. Consequently anybody can top up a Revolut account using this Reference. Please note, when making the transfer only enter the 8-digit number into the reference field and nothing else.

You cannot top up with the debit card of another person as Revolut run Address Verification System checks which will decline a top up if the Revolut address and the billing address of the card do not match.

You cannot top up with the debit card of another person as Revolut run Address Verification System checks which will decline a top up if the Revolut address and the billing address of the card do not match.

Not too sure where you're getting this information from but it worked fine for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Since this BA came from MSA would be good to highlight their recommendations:

Your money's safe if the card issuer goes bust?

To be safe, only load cash on the cards if you'll use them soon.

Sadly, with prepaid cards, the cash is counted as 'electronic money' rather than as a normal current account or savings deposit, so it's not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

Therefore, think of your prepaid card as one that you'll keep cash on only for immediate spending requirements, rather than as a place to store heaps of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Anyone try this for payment for an itunes account? I get this card is not valid in ireland error when I input this card for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Has anyone used this card for Amazon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I also signed up a few family members and got £5(~€6.80) commission credited to my account as soon as they topped up

Just out of interest, did your family members also get £5 free or just you?

Got my physical card in the post this morning and dropped down to my local friendly (yes right) BOI and used ATM to withdraw. Be careful - they give you the option to convert in £ - I just hit bottom left and took out €20 - I even printed a receipt - thanks BOI for a great service.

On the Revolut app it just jumped from issued to show pin.

In the app showing my €20 withdrawal this morning it has an option in red - cancel payment - weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Just out of interest, did your family members also get £5 free or just you?

would like to know that too!

Also just a few questions.

Can this be topped up with my irish debit card then use the exchange on the app to convert it to sterling and then send to an english bank account in a different name?

Can i send funds from an english debit card to it?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Amaziing! Money received the same day! I will stick to bank transfers from now on since money can reach my revolut account on the same day if the transfer is made before noon.

I forgot about the bank holiday in the UK and did a bank transfer on Friday, after noon unfortunately, nothing showing on my revolut card yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Account blocked due to suspicious activity

Cunce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

what were you doing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement