Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

emo!! wrote: »
    ohhh bold! a ban for what??

i only ever got infracted over in AH

It's easy to be banned in AH. Done it too many times. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You know you won't get banned from AH if you post in a mannerly fashion
    but where's the fun in that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

It's easy to be banned in AH. Done it too many times. :o

I was about this close to it ... but he said he would leave me off, giving the nature of the topic:P

Galvasean wrote: »
    You know you won't get banned from AH if you post in a mannerly fashion
    but where's the fun in that?

touche ..

never got banned from anywhere, just infracted a few times, im a good girl! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Only ever been infracted myself. Guan Yin did ban me from soccer, but she quickly rescinded the ban.:D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

hehe i like when a mod backtracks!

funniest unbanning ever was in T&P.. but shall not slag him over it :pac:!

• Advertisement

never got banned from anywhere, just infracted a few times, im a good girl! :D

Just rugby and after hours for me.

hehe i like when a mod backtracks!

To be fair to GY she didn't have to change her mind, I guess she just let me off out of the kindness of her heart!:D

I require more details...:D

I managed to get myself perma banned from DIY. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I require more details...:D

I managed to get myself perma banned from DIY. :o

I am obviously too tired but WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I've a ****ing headache now because i keep getting ****ing stupid customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Aww poor nerin. *hugs*

I only got two hours sleep last night. Stupid college assignments. Oh and I ended up paying 30 euro today for a book I need for an assignment that should be available in my stupid crappy college library, but no. They decided it would be a good idea to make 30 people share 1 book! Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I feel like knocking my tooth out it hurt so bad atm. I have to pay 80 electric bill tomorrow after a weeks notice , thinking it was coming next month. I know I have a another big bill to pay next week 450 odd .I feel like crap and have to loads of work over the next three weeks , especially today.

It's not too bad, I guess, first two song on random play .

Nerin :We have no desire to make anybody look like a blithering idiot, but we do love it when they do

FC: look for the book online in pdf form or hmm it may be in a different library .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

So yeah i hate it when I'm recording the sound for a film at 23:30 and we need to get the filming finished as of ten minutes ago (the location owners getting all cranky because they want to close up), then some drunken muppets decide it'd be great craic to drive up and down the street and rev their car engine as loud as possible while yelling undecipherable jibberish in order to repeatedly ruin the shot, causing a brief scene which should have taken 5 minutes to do take about half an hour.
    BENDERS!

Oh, and aeroplanes too, noisey buggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Nope chatty, i looked everywhere for the book and this was the only place I could get it so I had to buy it...

I'm in a great mood today but what the fook is up with the weather? I miss the sunshine.

Nope chatty, i looked everywhere for the book and this was the only place I could get it so I had to buy it...

I'm in a great mood today but what the fook is up with the weather? I miss the sunshine.

Two things wrong with that sentence- 1-the sun is evil. 2-if the weather was good i'd have to work instead of my boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

My little girl has her first boyfriend!!! I'm too young for this!!!!:eek: She's thirteen and he's sixteen. I'm doing a Bruce Banner and trying to supress my alter ego, Psycho-mammy. Wish me luck.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hahahaha, you think that's bad, wait till the day she fesses up to not always using condoms!

paperclip2 wrote: »
    My little girl has her first boyfriend!!! I'm too young for this!!!!:eek: She's thirteen and he's sixteen. I'm doing a Bruce Banner and trying to supress my alter ego, Psycho-mammy. Wish me luck.:o

~_^

That sounds a bit sinister to be honest Clippey. You're daughter has only entered her teenage years whereas this bloke is three years her senior at 16. Why can't he get a girlfriend his own age and not someone who has just become a teenager?:confused:

Christ that is freaking me out. My cousin is 12 in August. If a sixteen year old is dating her in a year and a half that would unsettle me greatly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

paperclip2 wrote: »

Hm... 16 to 13... don't think I would be myself and I am Leftor, Lord of the liberals.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

16 to 13 and someone would be seeing my unpleasant side come out upside their head.

• Advertisement

What a paedo.

Unless it's the country, people are a bit more flexible iwth years down there. ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

He's a bit old for her I think?

If you use the half plus seven formula then the youngest he should go out with is 15.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What a paedo.

Unless it's the country, people are a bit more flexible iwth years down there. ^^

Yeah, the sheep usually don't live that long... :pac:

Girlfriend just text me,some idiot in a van ran a red light and nearly hit her. ****ing idiot. People on the roads can be such tools

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nerin wrote: »
    Girlfriend just text me,some idiot in a van ran a red light and nearly hit her. ****ing idiot. People on the roads can be such tools

I have a disturbingly high proportion of near misses with van drivers. :mad:

SDooM wrote: »
    I have a disturbingly high proportion of near misses with van drivers. :mad:

I've been hit twice by cars, and had to swerve and scratch the side of the car off a wall because of a van the wrong side of the road.
    Bloody fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive! grrrr
    *hugs* to ner &fc

Also - re: the 13 & 16, depending on the 13yr old, I would not be comfortable with that. I've a 16 year old sister and if she was with an 18/19yr old I'd have issue.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

star-pants wrote: »
    Also - re: the 13 & 16, depending on the 13yr old, I would not be comfortable with that. I've a 16 year old sister and if she was with an 18/19yr old I'd have issue.
    Same here, my sister is 16 too and I'm kinda thankful her BF is the same age as her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ugh, tonight's a really crappy night.

I did absolutely no study over the weekend because I could not concentrate, and am now woefully unprepared for my exams. I'm really pissed off with my family/friends even though they've done absolutely nothing wrong. I've realised that I've somehow managed to live nearly 19 and a half years without having a clue who I actually am.

And, worst of all, I just heard "Life Is A Flower" by Ace of Base and I did not smile or start singing along! That song has never failed to cheer me up before. :(

*continues brooding*

• Advertisement

Ugh, tonight's a really crappy night.

I did absolutely no study over the weekend because I could not concentrate, and am now woefully unprepared for my exams. I'm really pissed off with my family/friends even though they've done absolutely nothing wrong. I've realised that I've somehow managed to live nearly 19 and a half years without having a clue who I actually am.

And, worst of all, I just heard "Life Is A Flower" by Ace of Base and I did not smile or start singing along! That song has never failed to cheer me up before. :(

*continues brooding*

Nothing wrong with that man, some of us just take longer trying to figure out who we are. Hell I'm 22 and am at a crossroads where I don't know what to do next. I know it's tough to talk to those around you but this is what I love about the Internet and a especially this forum, I find it helps me greatly talking to people on here.

Advertisement