Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stuff that has other uses!

• 09-10-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't find our bottle opener at the weekend and after almost taking my hand off with knives, scissors, etc it turns out that my eyelash curler doubles up as a bottle opener! Who knew!

Plus my hair straightener does a great job of ironing when I'm too lazy to get the iron out.

Any other of your make up/hair instruments that have other uses? (No durtiness now please people!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Plus my hair straightener does a great job of ironing when I'm too lazy to get the iron out.

Brilliant! LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Nail polish remover is good for removing the gummy sticky stuff that "Do Not Park Here" stickers leave on your car windows!

SpookyDoll wrote: »
    Nail polish remover is good for removing the gummy sticky stuff that "Do Not Park Here" stickers leave on your car windows!

Typical women driver :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

My Venus razor vibrates. Nuff said.

shellyboo wrote: »

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ha ha knew that wouldn't take long!

Bryn wrote: »
    :eek:

What? I can't take the washing machine in the shower with me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Face wipes! They're great, I use for cleaning my runners, computer screen, etc.

What? I can't take the washing machine in the shower with me :rolleyes:

lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Top tip:

A standard pair of ladies knickers make an ideal jizz wipe!

er, I'll get my coat... :o

• Advertisement

JaneyMc wrote: »

God yeah, I could write a whole essay on the wonders of Baby/Face wipes!

JaneyMc wrote: »

Oh, me too!! I use them for cleaning the makeup off my dresser. In fact, I use them for cleaning pretty much everything in my room cos I'm too lazy to get the cloth from downstairs.

milod wrote: »
    Top tip:

A standard pair of ladies knickers make an ideal jizz wipe!

er, I'll get my coat... :o

Filth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

yeah, if I may just attempt to redeem myself, make-up remover pads and skin toner can be used to clean your camera lens if you're stuck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Th ol cotton ear buds are handy for cleaning between the keyboards .Not just mothers and mascara clad women who use em ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I also use my GHD for a quick iron, or for melting a bar of chocolate.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Not exactly new but works anyway.

Clear nail varnish for the start of a snag on your stocking...works wonders and you can get away for the whole day without he dreaded zzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppppp.

Also, clear nail carnish again on the inside of costume jewllery to stop the metal turning your skin green.

Superglue for a quick but temporary fix of snag of nail until you get your hands on a file (and stay away from the stockings with this! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A small car makes an ideal roadblock when driven at a snail's pace in a overtaking lane of a motorway.

stovelid wrote: »
    A small car makes an ideal roadblock when driven at a snail's pace in a overtaking lane of a motorway.

My mum just came into my mum to ask me what i was laughing at after reading that!!! lol :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Dellgirl2 wrote: »
    Also, clear nail carnish again on the inside of costume jewllery to stop the metal turning your skin green.

Thats an excellent tip, thanks very much!

Oh and @ Clarebear you lazy mare using your GHD for ironing your clothes!! Am in stitches laughing here. :D

• Advertisement

maple wrote: »
    Thats an excellent tip, thanks very much!

Oh and @ Clarebear you lazy mare using your GHD for ironing your clothes!! Am in stitches laughing here. :D

It's exactly 19 steps from my bedroom to downstairs where the iron is, feck that! :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

It's exactly 19 steps from my bedroom to downstairs where the iron is, feck that! :p

Its all about the drying, get the clothes out of the washing machine quickly and hang them onto the clothes horse. no need for the iron then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭F.A.

That's actually a really good idea. Irons are sometimes simply too big to get all the tiny folds straight, so I for one find your idea genius! :)

F.A. wrote: »
    That's actually a really good idea. Irons are sometimes simply too big to get all the tiny folds straight, so I for one find your idea genius! :)

Why thank you, see, laziness is clever sometimes! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

ladies undies are great for cleaning inside of windscreens etc and you can pop them in the bin afterwards and never fess up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Apparently if you spray hairspray on your car registration plates, the scanners for the congestion charge in London can't pick them up...maybe it's the same for the M50? :)

I've been known to use my eyeliner when I'm stuck to write a number down & there's no pen around.

When I didn't have a clothes dryer & my clothes were still a bit damp, I used to use my hairdryer to dry them. It works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Tampons are apparently handy for temporarily stopping blood loss from bullet wounds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

cuckoo wrote: »
    Tampons are apparently handy for temporarily stopping blood loss from bullet wounds.

"Apparently", eh? So you're the spy on boards that the Conspiracy Forum have been talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Hair conditioner as fabric softener. Because you're worth it :D

And in the vein of 'babywipe uses'....chuck a couple in the dryer with your clothes...cheaper than dryer sheets and yum smell.

And no I don't have a laundry fetish...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 PurpleLily

Baby wipes are one of the greatest inventions ever. It just scares me sometimes that I also use them on my kids. Then again they do remove the "you've been tango'd look" after the pasta perfectly! ;)

Advertisement