Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If a Zombie war wre to break out

• 27-05-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭

If a Zombie war were to break out - do you think that the humans would stand a chance or would we be completely ****ed ?

I mean the governments of the world have no plans or experience in this kind of thing. We'd be overrun with z's pretty fast because of people panicking and doing stupid things. All the bodies would have to burn to prevent any chance of further infection

There would obviously be small bands of survivors around the world but would anyone ever come to wipe out the zombies for good ?

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Nah, we'd all be goners eventually. There's nowhere near enough people prepared.

But then again, isn't that what this forum is all about...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'd save you all. There is an underground movemnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Nah, we'd all be goners eventually. There's nowhere near enough people prepared.

But then again, isn't that what this forum is all about...

Oh of course, but I should have mentioned in my post if it were to happen say sometime in the next couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Depends where the zombies came from. A few nukes wouldn't go amiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

We'd survive. The military would kick ass. I'm still waiting for a movie that features epic Lord of the Rings style battle scenes between army and zombies. Imagine 5/6,000,000+ zombies trudging down a ravaged street against a barricade of thousands of armed soldiers backed up by tanks and helicopters. The kill total could easily hit several thousand killed per minute of run time.

It wouldn't really be much of a traditional movie because the outcome would be so obvious but it would kick ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Ive always wondered how a zombie/zombies would destroy a tank.
    Squishy Squishy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This forum exists so the moaners don't win.

Fight the brain eating powa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Millions upon millions would die, but they wouldn't wipe us all out.

They stand no chance against any Military.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Thanks to an armada of movies depicting heros like John McClane, Shaft and Jackie Chan, we have a nice generation of people these days in their 20s waiting for a zombie war so they can reinact they're favourite scenes in the movies. Personally? i want to something similar to Rambo's massive gun.

We're prepared. TV has made us this way

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i wouldn't expect it to get far if it did.
    People have seen enough films to know how to kick ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think you're all being really racist towards zombies - you're just making the assumption that ALL of them are assholes. :mad:

Did you ever consider that maybe some of them are nice...?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Dudess wrote: »
    I think you're all being really racist towards zombies - you're just making the assumption that ALL of them are assholes. :mad:

Did you ever consider that maybe some of them are nice...?
    no. its against their very being. brainless, mindless,one instinct, kill us and eat our brains.

and now i did nt copy and paste this from stormfront ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I reckon it'd be supressed pretty easily, army would be called in and have heavily armed squads roaming the streets with a take no chances attitude. It'd be a walk over tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Nerin wrote: »
    brainless, mindless,one instinct, kill us and eat our brains
    yep, thats the D4 heads alright

When it happens, i shall head to the hills and dig a huge moat around a castle

never underestimate the moat!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

unreggd wrote: »

When it happens, i shall head to the hills and dig a huge moat around a castle

never underestimate the moat!!!!
    thats my plan, countryside tribe for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭tritium

Depends whether the Z's are the traditional lumbering jobbies or their upgraded cousins a la '28 days later'. Also on how the curse/ virus spreads. Traditional Z's would be easy enough for a standard military but the faster version could be problematic in an urban warfare situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

choppa1.JPGwhat the would army do on Z Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Provided England or America (or any other country that's nuke capable for that matter) remain standing, the humans will definitely triumph over any zombies in the long run. There'd be a lot of collateral damage though but it'd be worth it, just to keep the zombies at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

We will never be over run. EVER. This forum is a testament to how aware we are to zombie outbreaks. A virus like the one in I Am Legend. That would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As long as the Outbreak happened somewhere else in the world, I reckon Ireland would be pretty safe. We're an island nation with well enough population to keep an eye on our borders at all times.

Those mainland Europeans would be screwed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

a barricade of thousands of armed soldiers
    You've seen two many movies. Carpet bomb the zombies, and drop an "Fuel/Air Explosive (FAE)", and bye-bye zombies.
    Example.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

the_syco wrote: »
    You've seen two many movies. Carpet bomb the zombies, and drop an "Fuel/Air Explosive (FAE)", and bye-bye zombies.
    Example.
    No you fool, did Yonkers teach us nothing?

Anyway I think at first zombies would probably have the edge with loads of people panicing and not knowing what's going on but eventually people will realise that they're just mindless, slow stiffs, people will get used to the idea of zombies, the fear will fade and they'll be easily picked off.
    We'll never wipe them out though. There'll always be a few left underwater or frozen somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

We may be over rating the value of the military, but if a few of us militia tribes get tooled up at a military barracks! I can see trained Zed hunters with Night Vision sights and Steyrs/FN FAL/Gimpy/BAPs wreaking havoc on the Zeds!

The first few weeks will be havoc, until the weak are eaten. That's the point of all the supplies we are laying in now, so when the major outbreak settles we can deal with what's left, ruthlessly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Slow zombies with no intelligence and only infection when bitten or contact would stand no chance. But africa and mainland Europe would probably have no chance unless all military help :D

Musashi wrote: »
    We may be over rating the value of the military, but if a few of us militia tribes get tooled up at a military barracks! I can see trained Zed hunters with Night Vision sights and Steyrs/FN FAL/Gimpy/BAPs wreaking havoc on the Zeds!

The first few weeks will be havoc, until the weak are eaten. That's the point of all the supplies we are laying in now, so when the major outbreak settles we can deal with what's left, ruthlessly!

I disagree. Zombies should never be hunted at night. Consider the difference between the way they hunt and the way we hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

unreggd wrote: »

Amen to that.

What we need is the boards person with the most fortress like house to volunteer it for our exclusive boards survivor groups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

The thing about zombies is they don't drive. It would take two weeks for your slow shamblers to get from Galway to Dublin, maybe a week for the speedy types. Travelling from say Paris to Beijing would take months or years on foot. Also they lack a central command point, so they don't co-ordinate very well. Doesn't matter how many millions of zombies there are if they are spread out and ineffectual; even small fireteams could mop them up in short order.

The big threat from zombies is the "enemy within" factor, although even the mass rising of the recently dead would not present any major problems, since they are mostly located in secure facilites like morgues anyway, and handily contained.

Your problems would only start arising if there was an airborne virus, or something carried by undead mosquitoes for example, with no fear of cold or weather conditions. Then we are humped, although richer countries would fare much better than poorer countries (able to provide protective gear to the population, mostly sealed houses, easy access to mass produced insecticides).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Hmmm,if you have zombies ala I am legend ,or 28 days later.They looked like the speedy types.:eek:.They might get to Galway or wherever a bit quicker.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

The thing about zombies is they don't drive. It would take two weeks for your slow shamblers to get from Galway to Dublin, maybe a week for the speedy types. Travelling from say Paris to Beijing would take months or years on foot.
    Fully dead/reanimated zombies may be slow but living people who got infected or bitten aren't. And they'd probably head as far away from the zombies as they could and towards groups of other people where it's "safe".

• Advertisement

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Hmmm,if you have zombies ala I am legend ,or 28 days later.They looked like the speedy types.:eek:.They might get to Galway or wherever a bit quicker.

28 days later and I am legend had monsters not zombies. Both still had heart beats so they never died and thus never rose.

Advertisement