Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    the countdown is nearly up....have some great news to share tomorrow! please anyone who knows the 'truth', dont post anything here! so excited!

Stupid attention whore...as if she thinks her life is a soap opera. Get over yourself, love. And all the idiots who keep 'liking' her self-obsessed statuses and posting comments, find a newhobby
    or something.

Was there ever a big reveal to this gem ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

But.. the person isn't from Dublin :eek:

Well, inside them beats the heart of a true scobe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The amount of people that think the "hope ur okay hun xxx" page is real never fails to amuse me, there's always at least 2-3 people commenting on every status telling her to learn to spell and get a job. Some people don't get the humour of it at all!

I know, how could you "like" and follow that page without knowing it's a huge pisstake? :D Such a funny page though, best thing I ever liked on FB. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

From failbook, looks like an Irish one

http://cheezburger.com/7303222528

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The amount of people that think the "hope ur okay hun xxx" page is real never fails to amuse me, there's always at least 2-3 people commenting on every status telling her to learn to spell and get a job. Some people don't get the humour of it at all!

I'd love to be able to actually 'like' that page but even though I know it's a piss take, trying to read her updates would give me a headache!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

This is from a girl I worked with in Canada. She is the biggest gom and most delusional person I've ever met. Her Facebook posts keep me entertained!

'Wooo deleting spree is turning out to be quite fun! 100 people gone so far! You should really look into your settings and stuff! It's amazing what you can & cannot control on here! Major clean up of my social networking all round.

Just watched something on tv about Facebook and it was a bit of an eye opener! So I'm going to keep chopping away!! Got a couple of messages so far haha, sorry guys if you don't talk to me how the hell am I supposed to know you read the crap I post on here? You're all essentially stalkers if you're not friends! hahaha'

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

This is from a girl I worked with in Canada. She is the biggest gom and most delusional person I've ever met. Her Facebook posts keep me entertained!

'Wooo deleting spree is turning out to be quite fun! 100 people gone so far! You should really look into your settings and stuff! It's amazing what you can & cannot control on here! Major clean up of my social networking all round.

Just watched something on tv about Facebook and it was a bit of an eye opener! So I'm going to keep chopping away!! Got a couple of messages so far haha, sorry guys if you don't talk to me how the hell am I supposed to know you read the crap I post on here? You're all essentially stalkers if you're not friends! hahaha'

What. A. Moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

In fairness that sounds relatively mild compared to some of the stuff that's been posted here. At least she's self aware enough to realise that what she posts is "crap", which is more than can be said for many other FB users.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

On the other hand, though, it's not self-aware enough to realise that a Facebook friendship is a two-way thing and assumes that the people she doesn't know are hanging on her every word, while she's aloof and cool enough to want to delete them from her life. Also sounds like the type of person who'd moan if the same happened to her.

So yeah, I'm gonna go right ahead and say that, on the basis of that, she's a twat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

New one circulating under a picture of a husband and wife in bed
    Why Women are special ..(read this complete )

Husband & Wife were watching TV when Wife said, "I'm tired, and it's getting late. I think I'll go to bed."

She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day's lunches.

Rinsed out the bowls, took vegetable out of the freezer for morning, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar container, put spoons and
    bowls on the table and started the coffee pot for brewing the next morning.

She then ironed a shirt and secured a loose button.

She picked up the game pieces left onthe table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer.

She emptied a waste basket and hung up a towel to dry.

She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom.

She stopped by the desk and wrote a note to the teacher and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chair.

She signed a birthday card for a friend, Addressed and stamped the envelope and wrote a quick note for the grocery store.

She put both near her bag. Then she washed her face, put on her moisturizer, brushed her teeth.....

Husband called out,
    "I thought you were going to bed."
    "I'm on my way," she said.
    She put some water into the dog's dish, then made sure the doors were locked.

She looked in on each of the kids and turned out their bedside lamps and radios, and had a brief conversation with one kid who is still up doing homework.

In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day.

Said her prayers, and visualized the accomplishment of her goals. about that time,

Husband turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular.
    "I'm going to bed."
    And he did... without another thought.

Anything Extraordinary Here?

Share this to phenomenal women today... they' ll love you for it!

And Forward this to as many men as you can so that they know why women are so special......!! !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thwip! wrote: »
    Why Women are special ..(read this complete )

Husband & Wife were watching TV when Wife said, "I'm tired, and it's getting late. I think I'll go to bed."

She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day's lunches.

Rinsed out the bowls, took vegetable out of the freezer for morning, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar container, put spoons and
    bowls on the table and started the coffee pot for brewing the next morning.

She picked up the game pieces left onthe table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer.

She emptied a waste basket and hung up a towel to dry.

She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom.

She stopped by the desk and wrote a note to the teacher and pulled a text book out from hiding under the chair.

She signed a birthday card for a friend, Addressed and stamped the envelope and wrote a quick note for the grocery store.

She put both near her bag. Then she washed her face, put on her moisturizer, brushed her teeth.....

Husband called out,
    "I thought you were going to bed."
    "I'm on my way," she said.
    She put some water into the dog's dish, then made sure the doors were locked.

In her own room, she set the alarm; laid out clothing for the next day.

Anything Extraordinary Here?

Share this to phenomenal women today... they' ll love you for it!

And Forward this to as many men as you can so that they know why women are so special......!! !

I live alone. I do most of that sh*t every night.

*checks crotch*

No, definitely not a woman...

Well, if she planned her day out properly like a man instead of leaving everything until the last minute she would have been able to go straight up to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I live alone. I do most of that sh*t every night.

*checks crotch*

No, definitely not a woman...

I'm married and it's my husband who does all that in our house. I like my sleep, I do! I'm fairly sure he 's not a woman either.

Those kind of statuses/updates annoy me so much, it's just people's way of sating boohoo my life is so hard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Why Men are special ..(read this complete )

Husband & Wife were at home when Wife said, "We need milk."

She went to the car and drove to the shopping centre.

Browsed the make up aisle, got her hair done, had a manicure, bought some pants, bought new shoes for the pants and bought more pants because Sharon has more pants than Wife does.

She then ran into Sharon and had a coffee with her even though Wife hates Sharon (The pants hogging whore).

She picked up new earrings, brought the shoes back complaining that they're the wrong size because she's in denial about her monster feet and bought the newest iPhone.

She emptied the joint account for an €800 dress she'll never wear.

She yawned and stretched and headed for the car.

She stopped by Brown Thomas and bought a new handbag and jacket.

She picked up more make up and earrings, hobbled to the till and spent fifteen minutes looking for her purse.

She put both in her bag. Then she called up Margaret to see if she wanted to do lunch.....

Husband called out,
    "You back yet?"
    "..." she said, because she wasn't.
    She gossiped with Margaret about Sharon, then complained that the shoe store gave her the correct size shoes for someone with feet two sizes smaller.

She looked at the bill and had a brief conversation with one guy who wore a suit.

Wife and Margaret passive-aggressively shared the bill; then she bought clothing for the next day.

Got into the car, visualized the amount of crap she bought that day.

Husband turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular.
    "Fuck it, I'll get milk myself."
    And he did... without another thought.

From Macklemores Facebook

http://cheezburger.com/7318066688

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

The "Prayers for Boston" posts have already started. I know it's probably well intentioned, but I find things like that utterly crass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

The "Prayers for Boston" posts have already started. I know it's probably well intentioned, but I find things like that utterly crass.

Haven't seen any of those yet but I'm sure I will. If it wasn't such a serious subject I'd almost be tempted to post something like "Making a Sandwich for Boston", "Watching TV for Boston" or "Organising My Sock Drawer for Boston". All just as much practical help to the victims as rattling off Hail Marys, however well intentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Bin laden and he's still up to he's old tricks

Just **** off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Don't get the anti-tragedy messages like this, they're just as common as the ones you detail. You'll see several 'RIP's down the feed, then you'll get the one guy who's like "MYEH WHO CARES YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY KNOW HIM AND HE CAN'T EVEN SEE YOUR RIP BECAUSE HE'S DEAD". Why do people give out when people talk about a huge talking point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Some young one has just posted a picture of the poor guy in the wheelchair with the horrific leg injuries, she says "he was running for chirty and lost both his legs, pray for boston"...it has 46,000 "likes"

In my opinion I think that's bad taste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Some young one has just posted a picture of the poor guy in the wheelchair with the horrific leg injuries, she says "he was running for chirty and lost both his legs, pray for boston"...it has 46,000 "likes"

In my opinion I think that's bad taste

That appears to be photoshopped. People just fishing for likes. Horribly distasteful all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Reply 1: nooooooooo im scared now haha

Reply 2: Lads we could be

Reply 3: We could dho couldn't we ????

Reply 4: you wouldnt kno wi them chinise

:(

I know these are from twitter but they give you a peek into the world of the idiots' reaction to the Boston bombings:

http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/tagged/Boston-Marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Was there ever a big reveal to this gem ?

Yeah, she bought a house. Not really such a surprise, as every status for about the last 3 months has been about buying a house.

"Think we saw the perfect one today!"
    "Crushed - someone else has got the house - absolutely devastated!"
    "They wouldn't take our offer...absolutely crushed....was our dream home :("

etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I know these are from twitter but they give you a peek into the world of the idiots' reaction to the Boston bombings:

Sweet fukcing Jesus. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Sweet fukcing Jesus. :mad:

I know, it's awful. First time I've ever seen/heard the term sand monkey. Am a bit shocked, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I see the 'Jump to Conclusions' mat has resurfaced...

http://youtu.be/8riXGpPFD34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Frapes just aren't funny anymore, if they ever were.

"I love c0ck" etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement