Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One thing on his mind

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Which demographic would say "I would like a relationship without regular sex, please"?

:confused:

I dunno, ask JohnGalt for his personel info if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Personally I'm 21 and I'd have no problem waiting a few months or beyond

So you want it but your willing to wait around for it? That's perfectly fine but comes back to my point that at 18 one of my main reasons for getting with someone was the prospect of regular sex. The majority if not all my mates were the exact same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

So you want it but your willing to wait around for it? That's perfectly fine but comes back to my point that at 18 one of my main reasons for getting with someone was the prospect of regular sex. The majority if not all my mates were the exact same.

I'm 25 and one of my main reasons for getting with someone is the prospect of regular sex.

Like, I'm not some sad, desperate old maid sitting in with my cats, I have a social life, so I don't need a bf for that, I have a job and my own money, so I don't need a bf for that (nor would I want one for that), I live with my best mates so I have a support system around me, so I don't need a bf for that... in fact, the regular sex part is pretty high up on the list of 'Reasons I Want a Boyfriend.'

I think that's the same for everyone, male and female, whatever age they are (with the exception of people like JohnGalt who just aren't into sex).

I understand what you're trying to say, that sex is a higher priority for younger men, however, I still take issue with the claim that this is the only reason an 18-year old would want to be with someone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A lot of 18-year-old guys SAY they're mad for getting the ride in front of their friends... doesn't mean they are though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

If you like someone you'll wait, if you really like her you'll even let her make the first move! You'll meet lads who don't give a sh*t but you'll find that if he likes you he won't even question it. He might ask once but he won't push it and he certainly won't back off because of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Sorry maybe I should have been more precise: I'd like it, absolutely, but would be happy to wait as long as required for it - and if sex was off the cards indefinitely, it wouldn't drive me away from any relationship that seemed sound otherwise.

Synopsis: At 18 I liked relationships for the girl herself not what she could for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Dudess wrote: »
    A lot of 18-year-old guys SAY they're mad for getting the ride in front of their friends... doesn't mean they are though.

Yeah, but part of me always feels that's more because they can't get any as opposed to don't want any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Alarums

Yeah, but part of me always feels that's more because they can't get any as opposed to don't want any.

That part of you is 100% correct.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

+2 :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Barcode wrote: »
    You sound lovely, and may have restored my faith a little. Your 'girlfriend' is very lucky to have you :) I hope ye will be really happy together

Thanks alot for that, I am 23 though, alot older and wiser than this guy, I had been single the last two years and finally met someone who is really special, for god's sake I'm even learning Slovak for her! Anyway forget about this guy, he's only after one thing, wait for the guy who wants to be with you JUST to be with you.

Age doesn't matter but sometimes it can be a very good indicator, I wouldn't call this guy immature, he's just not ready for any relationship and just wants sex, at 18 years old I honestly can't blame him :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Haha, as Xavi said he's 18, from the age a lad hits puberty till the end of teenage years, sex is all you want from a girl, and what you think about it all the time. Unfortunately, for most guys their not getting any from teenage girls. Absolutely horrible time.:p

Probably thought he had a better chance with an older girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

By the OP, did you meet him in the club with the same name as your username...likely could be another explanation..:pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Barcode wrote: »
    Is sex the only thing on a guy's mind?
    Are guy's willing to wait? - I'm not talking forever but a few months so you get a chance to get to know a person properly. (male and female perspectives wanted please!)

My Sceal.
    22 yr old female(moi) meets 18 yr old male.
    He's liked me with a good while but i kept running away cause he's only 18. So i eventually say the hell with it and think I'll give him a chance, he seemed like a really nice guy.

So anyway we met each other out a few times, kissed a few times at the end of a saturday night (3/4 times over 3 months).
    The first night we kissed he asked me back to his place and i said "no"
    (I'd like to point out I'm not easy and in the habit of jumping into bed with just anyone)

Then one saturday night I finally say feck it I'll make the move and i ask for his number, and we swap numbers. We met again at the end of the night and we kissed again and he asks do i want to meet up tomorrow, and of course I was starting to like the guy a little more and said "yeah of course". He turns to me and says "seriously if i text you tomorrow we can meet up?" I was like "yeah totally" :)
    I was looking forward to getting to know the guy - not much talking was involved any time we had met each other out.

So anyway after a while, he then asks me if i wanted to go back to his place or could he go back to mine and i said "no". He asked "Why not?" I said to him "You might be waiting a little while i want to make sure you are the right person" He then said "and you aren't sure if its me" I said "No I'm not" He then asked "how long do you think I'll be waiting" I said "I don't know, if you don't want to wait you can walk away now if you want to, it's up to you" and thats what he did.................needless to say we didn't meet up the next day and he didn't text. We have met out and said hi but that's it.

Now I'm beginning to think maybe there aren't any guys out there who are willing to wait. Opinions??

Sex is fun and a great workout.... Should try it some time... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Fatswaldo

Good bit older now, but when I was 18, everything I did was governed by my willy! Couldn't see past it. Older women (21+ at the time - OMG) were of that exotic species between puberty and married and fair game. Thats just what it was - thrill of the chase and all. Moved to London for work aged 19 was young and fit and the only thought was so many women and only 1 dick!

Much different after a couple of years though. Got sense. Wanted to find someone I could be happy just talking to or having a beer with. Finally found her - someone from home Id been with when I was 17. She was under my nose all the time, but couldnt see her because of the 'raging bull'!

If Id known then what I know now it would have been different!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

A lot of differing & interesting opinions on all aspects of sex & relationships on this thread. I think the most obvious conclusion to be drawn from this is that all people (men & women) have contrasting views on these subjects.
    You can't tar all men or women with the same brush. Some are quite old fashioned with their views, some are the complete opposite and there are plenty in between as well. I think the best thing anyone can do is judge any related situation they encounter on its individual merits and make a well thought out decision on how to proceed. If both parties thoughts happen to be the same, everything should work out ok, whether it be casual sex or a long term relationship.

Advertisement