Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

T2eC16FHJHgFFl58impEBRvZ53pZfQ60_57_zps37eca7f3.jpg

What is... I don't even ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

equilibrium-20-angled.jpg

Anyone have 1400 euro spare? Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

AstraMonti wrote: »
    T2eC16FHJHgFFl58impEBRvZ53pZfQ60_57_zps37eca7f3.jpg

What is... I don't even ...

If carlsberg done TT bike fits, that certainly wouldn't be one of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

colm_gti wrote: »
    If carlsberg done TT bike fits, that certainly wouldn't be one of them...

I'm more curious about how it stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Lumen wrote: »

Wind resistance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

BX 19 wrote: »
    Anyone have 1400 euro spare? Yum.
    Saw a guy on a red on of these going up through Phoenix part not so long ago. Very nice bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Probably using the brakes (you can see the front calliper, suspect the levers are hidden by the bars in the shot)?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Probably using the brakes (you can see the front calliper, suspect the levers are hidden by the bars in the shot)?

Thank you for the deep insights. :pac:

Thank you for the deep insights. :pac:

That's quite all right, someone needs to keep an eye on you... :cool:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Wow thanks!!! I was so confused as to what those weird looking things were just above the wheel..my bike has them aswel :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Zyzz wrote: »
    Wow thanks!!! I was so confused as to what those weird looking things were just above the wheel..my bike has them aswel :pac:

I wasn't sure what they were so I took mine off. Is this likely to cause a problem?:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

colm18 wrote: »

if you scroll through the pictures you see it looks alot like those bikes you get from Argos, delivered in a box for about 100-125 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Strava made me sadface.

Thought I'd run (I know I know) a best ever 8.8km time, only to check the summary and discover Strava had invented my route entirely and made it 2.8km longer than the one I ran.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

CramCycle wrote: »
    if you scroll through the pictures you see it looks alot like those bikes you get from Argos, delivered in a box for about 100-125 euro

Ah, I can't see any pics on my 'puter..thanks for ruining the mystery ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

colm18 wrote: »
    Ah, I can't see any pics on my 'puter..thanks for ruining the mystery ;)

TBF based on the first picture it was like a pig in a poke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Saw a guy on a red on of these going up through Phoenix part not so long ago. Very nice bike.

Yea, I'm half thinking of getting one. They look so good in copper. Can I justify 1400 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Sally Gap is a bit of a commitment alright, as once you get there, it's a bit of a haul to get home -it's what makes the viewpoint a great loop -get to the top, and you can pretty much roll home
    Roll home if you're southside based! Us hardy men of the North County would have 45kms up before reaching Stocking Lane (90km round trip) and makes the Sally Gap/Laragh a fairly long haul. l seem to find the Edmondstown Road tougher than Stocking Lane though.

(I didn't realise for a long time that the STRAVA segment there ended slightly past the bridge. I used to stop for refreshment on the bridge and later be horrified at how far down the leaderboard I was!).

Roll home if you're southside based! Us hardy men of the North County would have 45kms up before reaching Stocking Lane (90km round trip) and makes the Sally Gap/Laragh a fairly long haul. l seem to find the Edmondstown Road tougher than Stocking Lane though.

(I didn't realise for a long time that the STRAVA segment there ended slightly past the bridge. I used to stop for refreshment on the bridge and later be horrified at how far down the leaderboard I was!).

North County? Sorry, I was talking about people who live in Dublin, not the nordies :pac:

I think Edmonsdtown road is harder, my preferred route is up Ed, down Stocking Lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I find Edmondstown road easier. It's a harder ramp for the last 1km at the end, but Stocking Lane is more consistent climbing than Ed's road IMO.

I guess if you consider Edmondstown road to be the full route up cruagh rd to viewpoint, then it's longer and therefore possibly harder, but as far as the Tibradden bridge, I think it's easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

Wore the Air Attack today for the first time. Its comfy, not noticeably warmer than my previous giro monza helmet, but i had my fastest commute ever today. Coincidence?

Haters still gonna hate. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

lennymc wrote: »
    Wore the Air Attack today for the first time. Its comfy, not noticeably warmer than my previous giro monza helmet, but i had my fastest commute ever today. Coincidence?

Haters still gonna hate. :)

Did you go faster for fear of being seen?

hahaha what a conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Got the "I'm sorry I see you but I'm going anyway and I know I'm cutting it close and if I did knock you down I'd swear I never saw you" wave from a lady turning right across me this morning.

Never ceases to amaze me. Your limp palm does not give you right of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Got the "I'm sorry I see you but I'm going anyway and I know I'm cutting it close and if I did knock you down I'd swear I never saw you" wave from a lady turning right across me this morning.

Never ceases to amaze me. Your limp palm does not give you right of way.

Watched as a couple of taxis did this to cyclists in the bus lane outside Phibsboro SC last night. Pulled out of the main queue, despite the cyclists being there, and held up a hand to the rearview mirror to apologise for something they clearly knew they shouldn't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

From YLYL

We-Need-To-Talk...jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

the top of cruagh road or stockinglane doesnt end at the bridge or at the viewing point keeping going after to the featherbeds.

Now to a serious matter, is a beard un-aero?

• Advertisement

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Now to a serious matter, is a beard un-aero?

Yes, but it's exceedingly manly, so it balances out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement