Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Honda Accord 2010-2012

• 30-10-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm currently looking at getting either a 2010 or 2012 Honda Accord 2.2 diesel. Not much in price but big difference in spec (10 is a better spec'd car) and mileage is on pair between both.

Anyone no of any issues with this model. Did a quick search on boards but only shows up older model cars such as 04-08 region.

Any advice on these cars much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Upsides:
    Very reliable
    Look good
    Well equipped

Downsides:
    Expensive to buy
    Not that refined
    Hard enough on fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Thanks George

I currently drive a 05 1.9tdi golf so was looking to move up in size. I find the golf very good on diesel, and for me it has been very reliable. I service it about twice a year.

I had a horrible feeling the accord would be heavy on diesel, would it be close enough to the golf in mpg???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

What are you currently getting from the Golf?

If you are getting 50mpg out of the Golf you are probably looking at low 40's from the Accord. Whereas if you bought something like a Passat Bluemotion it would actually be better on fuel than the Golf.

George

Ya I'm in or around the region with the golf. Ya passat was something I looked at previously but just looking for something a little different, if you know what I mean.

Please don't get me wrong I have had a number of different VWs over the past number of years, and rarely had much trouble with them. But just looking for something a little different. Since I have looked at the Accord I don't seem to see that many of them on the roads in comparison to the Passat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

I have a 2012 accord and I get 46mpg (6.1L/100km)(regular commute). I can get down to 5.8 on a long drive. Mind you my car is not the standard 2.2d. It is the Type S so you may do a little better.

The only big issue that you should worry about is DPF but that seems to be common on a lot of diesels and some reports about clutch/flywheel problems too.

• Advertisement

Panrich wrote: »
    I have a 2012 accord and I get 46mpg (6.1L/100km)(regular commute). I can get down to 5.8 on a long drive. Mind you my car is not the standard 2.2d. It is the Type S so you may do a little better.

The only big issue that you should worry about is DPF but that seems to be common on a lot of diesels and some reports about clutch/flywheel problems too.

Thanks Panrich

The mpg you're quoting sounds good and is close enough my current car albeit a little lower.

Ya have heard about the DPF and DMF which from my understanding you can't really avoid in any diesel car. Unless you get an Auto and even some of the new Autos are putting in DMF from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

One other thing to consider is that the accord looks like being discontinued next year. That might have an impact on car values. There are loyal fans though so it may not have too much of an adverse effect.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/22/honda-accord-euro-discontinued-report/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

George

Ya I'm in or around the region with the golf. Ya passat was something I looked at previously but just looking for something a little different, if you know what I mean.

Please don't get me wrong I have had a number of different VWs over the past number of years, and rarely had much trouble with them. But just looking for something a little different. Since I have looked at the Accord I don't seem to see that many of them on the roads in comparison to the Passat.

Passat CC?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Passat CC?

They are much more expensive than the two Accords I'm looking at the moment.

Going to put the Golf up for sale in the coming weeks and shift that first and then hope one of the Accords is still on sale.

If ye don't mind me asking what value would you put to a 2005 1.9TDI 105bhp Golf 170k miles but has auto lights & wipers, cruise control and AC. Timing belt changed by main dealer, regular service and NCT out next summer. From Carzone they are going from between 4500-6500, but the 6500 seems ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Im getting between 47 and 51mpg on mine. Sometimes get up to 730 miles per tank, sometimes as low as 670 miles (65l tank). Its a great car- no issues in over 25k miles since I got it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

I got 6.5 for one in 2011 with 130 miles so I'd say that's way off the mark now. Put it up at 4950 and see where you go from there.

Advertisement