Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Clonmel to WIT

• 22-08-2014 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I hear there's a bus that goes from Clonmel to WIT and is in time for the first lecture and leaves after the last. I know it's not the normal Limerick to Waterford bus. Does anyone know anything about this? (timetable, cost, and does it stop at the college street campus?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

romanita wrote: »
    I hear there's a bus that goes from Clonmel to WIT and is in time for the first lecture and leaves after the last. I know it's not the normal Limerick to Waterford bus. Does anyone know anything about this? (timetable, cost, and does it stop at the college street campus?)

Yes that is true, im not on the bus myself I know a few people on that bus and it is a privately run bus that arrives before the first lecture and leaves at around 5:20 or so. It stops at all the campuses too as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 35 romanita

Thanks, could you find out more information for me please? Like where it leaves from in Clonmel, what time, and how much? Thank you :) Or even if you could get a number from one of the people you know and pass it on please?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kjgf123

romanita wrote: »

During term Bus Eireann run a special college bus which leaves from the station at 8 am every morning, you can however get the half 7 bus which to get in a bit earlier. Both buses stop directly outside the cork road campus, college street campus, etc.

For the college street campus the return bus leaves from the Topaz station opposite the campus and for the main campus the bus stops on the cork road directly opposite the main campus, you'll see people waiting anyway.

With regard the main campus the bus is meant to leave at 5.15, however sometimes it leaves a bit earlier, so you'd probably want to be there for 5 past 5.

As far as i can remember it used to cost €38 for a 10 journey ticket, but as that was a few years ago it might of gone up since then.

I know the bus you're talking about and I've rang bus eireann about it and now it only goes as far as the bus station. If I wanted to go to the campus, I'd have to get another bus... But thank you for replying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Theres a Bus that leaves outside the college and goes to clonmel around 5. Id assume its not Bus Eireann if they know nothing about it.

People sometimes have to leave class 5 mins early if they have a late class to catch it.

Whats the other bus company?

• Advertisement

I don't know, I'm trying to find out because it would be a lot handier as it stops at all the campuses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Cost over benefit? for the time lost you would be better off living in the city

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fate Amenable To Change

Have you tried going in tot he transport office? Its in with the clubs and socs, theyd probably eb able to tell you

Advertisement