Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help - Interview tomorrow!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

During the interview tomorrow spend the whole time staring at her boobs

She will be complimented that you find her attractive and you will be hired

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Riddler87

LoL cheers for the comments guys - they made me laugh and relax a little

... as for staring at her boobs tactic... im gay and u'd know it so i doubt that will happen lol

Biggins wrote: »
    Firstly, on the day don't try bluffing any answers to questions.
    Sometimes its obvious you don't know but is willing to chance your arm - and oft times this don't look good.
    If you don't know an answer to a question, be honest and say so. It means that any bluffing won't come back to haunt you.

Remember that the interviewers (if they have any kop) will know all being interviewed, will be nervous.

Keep your hands front and if positioned, resting on your knees if you think you might be nervous and thus figidity.
    (Or interlock your fingers, resting front)

Don't sit back into the chair too much. It may look like your saying to them by body outlook that "this interview is no matter, I can breeze it".
    Sit upright, with your back against it and try to look as interested at possible.

Read up on the business/place tonight and know what they do exactly, where you might like to fit in exactly and how you feel your strengths might be useful to those areas.

Clean footwear! Sometime the smaller details are a give-away!
    You upon initial entrance will be no different than those before you or after, so initial do impressions count. Start good and build upon it!

Firm handshake without leaving broken bones!

Thank them for the opportunity of try-out with them.

Smile! (without being too cheesy)

I wish you luck. :)

Thank you so much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Riddler87 wrote: »
    LoL cheers for the comments guys - they made me laugh and relax a little

... as for staring at her boobs tactic... im gay and u'd know it so i doubt that will happen lol

Do it anyway. Them ask to see them. Tell her you're curious.

It'll show you have a keen eye and real interest.

I have an interview tomorrow too! I am so nervous....actually I've been called back so this is my second interview for the same firm. I want to be confident but not cocky. I find it hard because in real life I'm just shy. Good luck in yours OP, I'm sure you know your stuff already!

Best of luck ;)

• Advertisement

Nah, the 'gay best friend' trick will do it for me... 'oh i love ur skirt' :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

If you have the time, let us know how ye both get on?

We're nosey! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

+1

It'll also show that you're capable of thinking outside the box.

Biggins wrote: »
    If you have the time, let us know how ye both get on?

We're nosey! :D

It went ok - it was an hour and a half long! It was 1s round so I hope to hear next week if I get into the 2nd round!

Thanks for all the messages - serious and non serious lol

Plus, I did look at her boobs but it was completely pointless lol

It went ok - it was an hour and a half long!

That's a really good sign :)

• Advertisement

I hope ta **** as I dont want to immigrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭euddue

I hope ta **** as I dont want to immigrate!

True,nobody wants to come to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

During interviews the mind of the interviewer is generally made up in the first few seconds of speaking to you. How you look and how you present yourself is paramount (although they'd never admit this).

That depends on the position.
    If it's a client facing/public facing job, then appearance is important.

I've interviewed loads of people for I.T. positions, it's not about appearance.
    If someone appears bright, interested and enthusiastic and meets most of our requirements but could easily pick up the other requirements, then they'll be shortlisted.

If it's in I.T., then the ability to describe previous work you've done, eg. final year projects in a clear manner is a major part of it.
    Being able to communicate your knowledge, design decisions, technologies used etc, is very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Im new to boards and CLEARLY have posted in the wrong forum.... lol

Touché :pac:

ah_4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I found out last night I got the job! I am so thrilled, I hope your interview went well riddler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Plus, I did look at her boobs but it was completely pointless lol

No Nipples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Invite a girl over

Advertisement