Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gonna switch gyms. Looking for gym suggestions.

• 08-09-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Ok so not going the gym long. My fat ass is only less fat than when I dragged it wheezing into the gym for the first time. That being said I started going to the gym with a bad sinus issue and was messed up so the wheezing wasnt really due to the size of my fat ass.

Anyway I use Synergy Fitness in the Radisson. Its close to home and the price is cheap and theres a pool sauna and steam room. What it doesnt have is a good gym. Theres a few bikes, ellipticals and treadmills. They got a few weight machines which is fine. They got a LifeFitness cable machine and a smith machine. Few dumbbells some plates and a couple bars including olympic bar so all sounds good but with no squat/power rack or decent bench to be seen its not really well enough equipped to be anything more than mainly a beginner gym. Not saying Im not a beginner but Id rather have a bit more there to work with.

What Im looking for is some suggestions on what gyms in town you think are good, where it is, what they got (roughly) and whats the cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Freddiestar

I'm in the Athlone Regional Sports Centre gym and it's pretty good.They're expanding too, it's a bit pricey at about €54 p/m but you can get a student or company discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

I'm in zen fitness at the springs hotel there, lovely and spacious with plenty of cardo machines, big weights area plus it has the sauna and jacuzzi which is great for the end of a workout, highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

Thanks for that guys.

Freddie how do you find the SPorts Center? I visited it before going where I am now and it seemed like it was underequipped really for the amount of people. Are there any good times to go when crowds are small? Any idea how much of the expansion is being devoted to the gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Freddiestar

Thanks for that guys.

Freddie how do you find the SPorts Center? I visited it before going where I am now and it seemed like it was underequipped really for the amount of people. Are there any good times to go when crowds are small? Any idea how much of the expansion is being devoted to the gym?

It's off the Ballymahon Rd near the GAA pitches. I go about 3 times a week around 5/6pm and always get a bench or machine no bother. Think they're expanding by about 40%

Advertisement