Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid €95 to repair screen - not repaired properly!

• 01-10-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I paid €95 to repair the screen which was cracked on my motorola atrix in a phone repair shop. Having gotten it back today certain crucial parts of the screen don`t work!!

Heres the storey from the beginning:

Paid him the money, and he said hed have the part in about two weeks. I used the phone until the part came in (phone worked fine it was just visually intrusive with the cracks on screen)

The digitizer doesn`t come in for three weeks.

Then when it does finally come in I drop the phone down for repair, go to collect it the next day and im told that the part he was sent was faulty. He had already taken apart my phone and cannot put the broken screen back on.

I am left without a phone and he says the new part will take a week to come in. The following day i demand an unlocked phone to use whilst waiting on the new part.

So a week later he tells me my phone is ready. All looks lovely and most parts of the screen work. However certain parts do not and this inhibits the use of the phone; for example:

1: I cannot install apps direct from the google play store

2: I cannot open the first message in the text messaging application

3: I cannot activate the mobile wifi hotspot

I think i am entitled to a refund.

What do you think? I mean this guy has obviously paid for parts and spent time trying to fix it; but its not a perfect job...

Full refund or partial?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You probably have to give him the chance to put it right first, ie replace or fix. Then after that refund.

Has he acknowledged the fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭kenyard

repair, replace, refund.

so yeah he can attempt a repair, if he cant do that then, or does it and fails again, you are immediately entitled to either a refund or a replacement (so he will refund you).
    i dont know the allowance on timelines for the above.. i would guess 30 days from original payment, or maybe 30 days for each allowance probably?

should he not do any of the above. small claims court, at which point you will have to be directed to anther forum on here for info etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

However certain parts do not and this inhibits the use of the phone; for example:

1: I cannot install apps direct from the google play store

2: I cannot open the first message in the text messaging application

3: I cannot activate the mobile wifi hotspot
    Are you sure it's the original phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2 Hell and Back

Well just to update you on this i didnt bother bringing the phone back to the guy.

If i turn my phone sideways i can do most of the things i cannot do in portrait mode. Although to get to the notifications bar i have to go into settings or something else first (there is no landscape mode on the home screen).

It is annoying and slows me down a bit but sure...........bit late going back to your man a week later?

Advertisement