Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Have spent today in work, hungover, getting the utter piss ripped out of me for last nights rendez-vous with the boy from work..... guess taking chances pays off!

Rendezvous eh, do spill all the gossip! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ugh mum just came home from visiting her brother in hospital. He's been suffering from depression for years and turns to drink when he takes a bad turn. His turns always come as a court date is coming up for his divorce and her and her brothers think he puts it on to put off the court date. Their attitude towards his illness really infuriates me. They think he's putting it on and don't understand that the court dates are his trigger. The breakdown of his marriage, what his wife did and continues to do to him are what have him so ill.

He's in hospital now because he nearly killed himself with drink and had scans today because he has bruising all over his torso and they're trying to figure out if it's damage to internal organs or internal bleeding and 3 of them are saying he must of done it to himself ''with a shoe or something''. F*ck sake. :mad::mad:

I've told her I'm disgusted with their attitude and that attitude is why depression is such a big problem in society. They have no understanding. My cousin (from their side) committed suicide 11 years ago and still they don't understand that depression is very, very real. So instead of actually trying to understand him they're just f*cking laughing at him. :mad::mad: Ever since he first got sick they've never even attempted to understand his illness. Really infuriates me. :mad:

[/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Lucyfur wrote: »
    This. Life is just too short. I'm really hoping he loves you too:)
    Do it!! Say it to him! :D

Lucyfur is right....life is way too short for what ifs!! :)

:o You're far too lovely! I'm going to make myself tell him even if it kills me (and dramatic as I am, it might just...), so scared! I don't even know what to say or how to say it, not sure if I should plan it or wing it, etc, etc. I do have a very rough idea of it though, I have a going away gift for him (I will admit that it's probably the best and most thoughtful gift I've ever gotten anyone, super proud of myself :D) so that's an excuse to see him at least.

One of my best friends is convinced that he likes me, I'm 99.9% sure that he doesn't and I'll end up being sad over the whole thing but if there's one thing that he taught me, and jesus but I have learned a serious amount of things from him, it's that risks are worth taking and it's the things you don't do you regret the most. :)

In saying all that, I'm a big chicken so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Lucyfur wrote: »
    It must be horrible:( I have hypermobility too but I've great arches...my monkey has cried with the pain:(
    I always buy him proper shoes/trainers too, cheap ones are just a waste:(
    Yep, I found a really great pair of boots in October that fitted my insoles (hard to find because I have narrow heels/broad calves) and they pretty much came apart the other day so living in my converse and trainers at the moment which aren't too bad even though I can't wear the insoles because I do get okay support from them. Most of the shops are out of stock for boots for the summer season so will be waiting a while before I get a new pair now. I might have a look online and get some with my birthday money though :)

Awh your poor little man, it must be hard being that age and maybe not fully understanding why he is hurting like that! I was watching the Big bang theory earlier and thought of him when Sheldon was on screen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

almostnever Good luck when you tell him :) it's the kind of thing you never regret either way, you'll just feel better having said it.
    I told my best friend once I was in love with him.
    5 years later and we're talking about marrage and babies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ugh mum just came home from visiting her brother in hospital. He's been suffering from depression for years and turns to drink when he takes a bad turn. His turns always come as a court date is coming up for his divorce and her and her brothers think he puts it on to put off the court date. Their attitude towards his illness really infuriates me. They think he's putting it on and don't understand that the court dates are his trigger. The breakdown of his marriage, what his wife did and continues to do to him are what have him so ill.

He's in hospital now because he nearly killed himself with drink and had scans today because he has bruising all over his torso and they're trying to figure out if it's damage to internal organs or internal bleeding and 3 of them are saying he must of done it to himself ''with a shoe or something''. F*ck sake. :mad::mad:

I've told her I'm disgusted with their attitude and that attitude is why depression is such a big problem in society. They have no understanding. My cousin (from their side) committed suicide 11 years ago and still they don't understand that depression is very, very real. So instead of actually trying to understand him they're just f*cking laughing at him. :mad::mad: Ever since he first got sick they've never even attempted to understand his illness. Really infuriates me. :mad:

[/rant]

That's so so sad:( Depression is so horrible. So is alcoholism. I've had many an argument with people over both.
    I hope your uncle will be ok x

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yussss, suit up night is on :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Good Luck with X AlmostNever, I have my finger and toes crossed for you that it turns out well. I love a happy ending I do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

TeletextPear: went for a drink with him last night, he brought a friend, our quiet drink turned into mad sessioning, night is a bit of a haze but reconstruction with my best friend earlier had deemed that the angle means he kissed me and started it..... woke up all cuddled up with him this morning, and because he was on a slightly later work shift than me it was rather obvious something had gone on when he showed up five minutes after me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

AlmostNever: If I can go for it. You.can.too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

TeletextPear: went for a drink with him last night, he brought a friend, our quiet drink turned into mad sessioning, night is a bit of a haze but reconstruction with my best friend earlier had deemed that the angle means he kissed me and started it..... woke up all cuddled up with him this morning, and because he was on a slightly later work shift than me it was rather obvious something had gone on when he showed up five minutes after me...

Hurrah!!! :D Fair play for asking him for the drink, sounds like it turned out exceptionally well!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

:o You're far too lovely! I'm going to make myself tell him even if it kills me (and dramatic as I am, it might just...), so scared! I don't even know what to say or how to say it, not sure if I should plan it or wing it, etc, etc. I do have a very rough idea of it though, I have a going away gift for him (I will admit that it's probably the best and most thoughtful gift I've ever gotten anyone, super proud of myself :D) so that's an excuse to see him at least.

One of my best friends is convinced that he likes me, I'm 99.9% sure that he doesn't and I'll end up being sad over the whole thing but if there's one thing that he taught me, and jesus but I have learned a serious amount of things from him, it's that risks are worth taking and it's the things you don't do you regret the most. :)

In saying all that, I'm a big chicken so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out :p

I have everything crossed that it works:) I love my OH. Everything about him is awesome, even the things that wreck my head:) I couldn't imagine being round him and him not knowing how I felt...I don't know if that makes any sense:o
    Lola92 wrote: »
    Yep, I found a really great pair of boots in October that fitted my insoles (hard to find because I have narrow heels/broad calves) and they pretty much came apart the other day so living in my converse and trainers at the moment which aren't too bad even though I can't wear the insoles because I do get okay support from them. Most of the shops are out of stock for boots for the summer season so will be waiting a while before I get a new pair now. I might have a look online and get some with my birthday money though :)

Awh your poor little man, it must be hard being that age and maybe not fully understanding why he is hurting like that! I was watching the Big bang theory earlier and thought of him when Sheldon was on screen! :D

His insoles fit into any shoe, which is great. Obviously it's easier with him being a boy and not being obsessed with shoes like his mother is:D

We were watching TBBT earlier and he sez ''Mum, Sheldon can be a bit annoying with all his science obsessions and talk''

Pot, kettle, black, son:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

American pie was awesome : )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Kiera wrote: »
    The activities I'd be getting her to do got her into this situation :p

I reckon those activities got us going 2 weeks early on two pregnancies... :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

On a slightly cheerier note than my other post. Was washing the dogs earlier and had just gone in to pick up a pair of latex gloves as I always wear them when I'm washing them. Jasper was sitting on the back of the couch and when she saw me with the gloves in my hand she slinked down off the back and hid behind one of the cushions so that only her little stumpy tail and one eye was visible as she watched my moves.

I could see her on the move out of the corner of my eye so asked mum what she was doing. "You won't believe it, she's hiding behind the cushion''. What a way to make me feel really guilty. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

cdaly_ wrote: »
    I reckon those activities got us going 2 weeks early on two pregnancies... :cool:
    I think I'll keep this in mind!!

been taking pics of my belly every 2weeks-gotten huge lately!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Bargains in Tesco!! :D Went in tonight, and ended up coming out with this stationary set, 2 folders, 2 A5 notebooks, refill pad, memo pad and pen holder for 1 euro! Ended up buying 13 of the Lindt eggs that are about an inch in height, 22c each :D

Dunno where time goes anymore, last looked at the clock and it was 10.35 - now 11.37 :eek: Time for bed, night loungers!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, if there's one thing better than buying stationary it's finding cheap bargain stationary!
    Night, Rebel Girl! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    I hate that :mad:

Makes me self conscious too, especially when I'm eating taytos in a quiet room :o
    +1

I remember I was in a room with my two cousins and some other family members, some of the family members were eating crisps and the two cousins kept looking at me as if I was the one eating the crisps.

Oddly, if there's a few people making eating noises, I don't mind it, but if it is 1/2/3 it irritates me. Dunno why.

[/rant]
    This is so so sad, I'm sorry to hear it RQ.

*Hugs* to you and your uncles.

I have a horrid ticklish cough the past few weeks. Should probably get something for it.

I've been coughing on and off all night, it's driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

There are rumours of a Saved by the Bell reunion.
    Best. News. Ever.

• Advertisement

bubblefett wrote: »
    Best. News. Ever.
    Oh no, they'll be oooold! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That's really sad to hear RacoonQueen. :( Mental Illness is brushed under the carpet here in Ireland. People just don't understand it at all, "snap out of it" etc. etc. Hope everything works out for your brother.

Can't stop singing Marina and the Diamonds. :pac:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Debating whether or not to make an Oreo Milkshake....

Neyite wrote: »
    Debating whether or not to make an Oreo Milkshake....
    I hope you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Belated Happy Birthdays, Das and Lola! :D

Right, I'm orf to my bed- toodle pip folks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

bubblefett wrote: »
    Best. News. Ever.

Had to hit up the youtube to see where they are now.
    Quick vid on them all here.

Panthro wrote: »
    Had to hit up the youtube to see where they are now.
    Quick vid on them all here.
    That was interesting. I saw the actor who played Mr.Belding on Mad Men the last day!

I had forgotten about Dustin Diamond's foray into adult entertainment. Eww.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    That was interesting. I saw the actor who played Mr.Belding on Mad Men the last day!

I had forgotten about Dustin Diamond's foray into adult entertainment. Eww.

Yeah, entitled "Screeched"!:pac:
    I remember once seeing an "AC Slater" pish take up on youtube, but for the life of me I can't find it now. Curses to my mate drunkenly showing me such a gem that I can't find now, curses I say!

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Yeah, entitled "Screeched"!:pac:
    This is the kind of scenario where I'm like "maybe a little bit of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind would be okay. I no longer want this information in my brain".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement