Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Screens! *** Read Mod Note in Initial Post First!!! ***

• 22-07-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Mod Note: Following complaints, I would ask that people post a link to screen images rather than embedding the image itself as a thread full of often large screen grabs is making the thread more than a little bloated. Any further posts with embedded images, as of this edit, will be deleted and the user infracted, if their post is reported.

Haven't seen one of these threads here, so thought, why not. I always find these threads good for ideas, and finding new apps. So here are mine, using LauncherPro and AppsOrganiser. Running Froyo Sense.
    Edit: For some reason 2 of my screens aren't showing up here, but ye get the idea.

maink.png

Second LauncherPro dock on this screen, 3rd is just a few direct contacts,
    main2.png
    calendars.png
    weatherw.png
    stuffo.png
    social.png
    newso.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very nice.. some questions - what's that circle with 36 in the notification bar? What is the dictionary word a day thingy? And what is the news widget on the last screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

What's the battery meter you have? Handier compared to the standard "you have battery"," you have half a battery", "You have no battery"

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I think you need to explain whats on each screen! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

How'd you take the screenshots? I take it you still need to be rooted to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I use the same coloured battery meter, very handy, much better than any of the widgets I've used. It's a mod that's flashed on to a rooted ROM.

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/313504/mod-super-circle-battery-with-froyo-rom-deodexed/

Screenshots also require root access, there is a way of taking them with a developer pack but I've never tried it.

• Advertisement

Here's one of mine, but they change by the hour, I'm constantly fidgeting. :D

FgcWy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Mr E wrote: »
    Very nice.. some questions - what's that circle with 36 in the notification bar? What is the dictionary word a day thingy? And what is the news widget on the last screen?

As JustinOval has mentioned it's the battery meter. Loads of mods over on XDA, you just need to find the right one for whichever rom you're running. The dictionary word a day is from the dictionary.com app, the word a day will bring you straight into the dictionary/thesaurus etc, and the 4 widgets on the last screen are called tech buzz, news buzz, movie buzz and game buzz. I think there's a few others like lifestlye buzz or some **** too.

Screenshots taken using an app called screenshot funny enough. :) It's handy, you can time it or shake the phone to take a screen shot. You need root I think.

I'm a serious fidgeter myself, but I quite like the look of the current setup. There's a couple of screens that boards won't take for some reason, but they're just running a second/third launcher pro dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭allen175

After seeing that battery mod Dr. Loon went and downloaded it and installed it, fantastic. Much better than the stock sense icons.

Here's mine, like to keep things simple, haven't wondered too much into the world of the 7 screens theses are the only 2 screens i really look at. the rest are default.

Im running DJDroid 1.0R1, i know there is new updates available, but as soon as you update and get used to it there is another update out, too much hasstle:o

EDIT: here is a guide on taking screenshots http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/07/21/how-to-take-screenshots-of-your-android-based-phone-from-windows/

attachment.php?attachmentid=121237&d=1279849980

attachment.php?attachmentid=121238&stc=1&d=1279850112

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Dr. Loon wrote: »
    stuffo.png

I'm liking them icons, are they part of LauncherPro, or are they part of another icon pack??

Gryzor wrote: »
    I'm liking them icons, are they part of LauncherPro, or are they part of another icon pack??

They're from another icon pack(s). I got most of my icon packs from Deviantart. I can't actually remember where I got those specific ones, but there's similar on DA if you have a browse. The messaging icon is the default for ChompSMS - just changed from handcent cos I couldn't get handcent to display contact pics no matter what I tried and it was pissing me off.
    Im running DJDroid 1.0R1, i know there is new updates available, but as soon as you update and get used to it there is another update out, too much hasstle

I know what ye mean. I've installed so many roms it's ridiculous, and I'm actually getting tired of reconfiguring the phone each time. It's a good thing that they're out there, but I'm gonna stick with what I have for a while I hope.

• Advertisement

With the Modaco ROMs you can upload a zip file with all of your settings and some apps etc. so it will come ready to go. I haven't tried it yet, still trying to get my head around the configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

My current set-up, on DJ Droid 1.1 using ADW Launcher, looks like it's gonna be a wet weekend!

snap20100723093958.png

snap20100723093927.png

snap20100723093934.png

snap20100723093907.png

snap20100723092816.png

snap20100723094008.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JustinOval wrote: »
    With the Modaco ROMs you can upload a zip file with all of your settings and some apps etc. so it will come ready to go. I haven't tried it yet, still trying to get my head around the configuration.

Do you mean the kitchen? I had problems with the latest Modaco rom, so switched over to the Official Froyo sense rom from OpenDesire. No problems with it so far. Even with backups I get sick of re-isntalling all the apps and testing each one after an update.

seklly - that's a nice simple layout. What's the battery widget?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

Yeah i try to keep it uncluttered! I use Juice Defender and Juice Plotter widgets + Mini Info widget which is a battery/internal memory/sd memory widget

seklly wrote: »
    Yeah i try to keep it uncluttered! I use Juice Defender and Juice Plotter widgets + Mini Info widget which is a battery/internal memory/sd memory widget

Thanks, must check juicedefender out.

Do you mean the kitchen? I had problems with the latest Modaco rom, so switched over to the Official Froyo sense rom from OpenDesire. No problems with it so far. Even with backups I get sick of re-isntalling all the apps and testing each one after an update.

Yeah, the kitchen.

Having spent some time messing about with my phone I've realised I can live without Sense, I might try a new ROM.
    Does anyone know of a good way to backup apps and settings, to make ROM switching that little bit easier?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My homescreen. Very boring :o

screenshot_1.png]

Why do you not want people to know where you are? Are you on the run? :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Mr E wrote: »
    Why do you not want people to know where you are? Are you on the run? :)
    Ssshhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

doesnt want people to know where he's hiding his stash in the mountains :)

• Advertisement

Stash of iPhones? :)

Whats the weather widget you have with the few clouds going sideways?

Also, how can I get the digital clock to appear in OD 2.2?

doesnt want people to know where he's hiding his stash in the mountains :)
    If you can guess the mountain you can guess my location ;)

antodeco wrote: »
    Whats the weather widget you have with the few clouds going sideways?

Also, how can I get the digital clock to appear in OD 2.2?

What ROM are you using?

That digital clock with the weather is a HTC sense app, so your rom must have sense to have it.

Im using Open Desire 2.2.

Well I have another issue at the moment. Went to install the battery mod from earlier. Since it installed. it just sits on the HTC white screen and not doing anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

I have FroYo with Sense on my phone (thanks to Desire 1 click root thread!).

I'm trying to do the battery meter - but my phone just keeps hanging when I reboot it after running battery meter zip file :confused:

Can anyone point me in direction of meter zip file that worked for them?

Thanks.

read through the post on xda and see if people had the same issue, you might have to do a wipe to get it to work.

Yeah, im wiping it again and going to restart. Luckily I had only installed it 5 minutes before hand, and had copied all my photos/music onto my hard drive! :D

soc wrote: »
    I have FroYo with Sense on my phone (thanks to Desire 1 click root thread!).

I'm trying to do the battery meter - but my phone just keeps hanging when I reboot it after running battery meter zip file :confused:

Can anyone point me in direction of meter zip file that worked for them?

Thanks.

Mine did too, you need to make sure you have the right file for your ROM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

If its the ROM as per the 1 click thread then its the OFHC v1.0c files. Just reflash froyo over what u have now and flash the battery mod, then reboot.

Advertisement