Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Minor romance spoilers
    Tali & Garus <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just started playing tonight but I think the introduction of the quick save by pressing Select is an excellent idea. More console games need to implement this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just started playing tonight but I think the introduction of the quick save by pressing Select is an excellent idea. More console games need to implement this.

Didnt even know about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Man I'm mad to have a look at that Mass Effect 3 Ending thread!!

What weapon(s) is everyone using? I'm mostly using a level 5 M8 AR. I heard you have to play through the game a 2nd time to get it to level 10. Would love a Widow 1 but 250,000 is a bit out of my budget at the moment.. I'm finding it a bit easy on 'Normal' although i'm sure there will be enough of a challenge when I attempt my Insanity run.

Im using a Graal Spike Thrower. Its the Krogan Shotgun and its overpowered as hell. I upgraded it last night and it has the same damage as the Claymore shotgun but you dont have to reload after every shell. Plus it has insane accuracy so im attacking using it as you wouldnt use a shotgun and hitting people from really far away and still doing a heck of alot of DMG. Plus its got a really nice sound like the shotgun from No Country For Oldmen. If i biotic charge someone it doesnt matter if they have sheild/armour or not i one shot them with this Shotgun. Starting to find it abit easy tbh. I try to keep the Shotgun use to a minimum

Im playing a Vanguard on Insanity as apparently Vanguard was the hardest class to play in ME2 on Insanity. Im gonna do another play through when im done with this one on a new char, anyone got any ideas on what the most difficult class to play would be?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jeez, that ending thread is like a big red 'DO NOT PUSH THIS' button :p

Only around seven hours in but thoroughly enjoying it still. Great to see so
    many cameos, even if it's a shame more of them aren't squad-mates.
    Genuine epic feel to it - kind of what Halo 3 wanted to be but only occasionally made it. Still, feel a lot of the kind of 'errand boy' sidequests do detract from the general sense of urgency. A small complaint in an otherwise very impressive game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

So, for those who've finished, how much does the MP affect the ending? I'm about to start the final mission - my military strength bar is maxed, but Galactic Readiness is stuck at 60% because I haven't played co-op. Might save now, continue on, and if it vastly affects the ending, I can go back to my save. I NEED to finish this game before I see a massive spoiler

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Healium wrote: »
    So, for those who've finished, how much does the MP affect the ending? I'm about to start the final mission - my military strength bar is maxed, but Galactic Readiness is stuck at 60% because I haven't played co-op. Might save now, continue on, and if it vastly affects the ending, I can go back to my save. I NEED to finish this game before I see a massive spoiler

I thought I got a truncated ending but when I compared with youtube I got the full perfect ending and I didnt go online at all.

If your army resources bar is full then you should be able to get the perfect ending no bother.

It also helps if you are using a shepherd you have carried from at least ME2 as that automatically unlocks the plus ending first time through

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Healium wrote: »

I had a total strength of about 3800 and got "perfect" ending, if you're a bit of an achievement whore though you'll need 4000 minimum to get the 'master and commander' achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Vanguard in multiplayer is basically the best thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

I started the game on Friday, did the first couple of missions thrown at you then thought I'd have a go at the multiplayer and just get it out of the way early.

I have to say I'm quite enjoying it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I was going to write a detailed review of the game after 20 hours, covering my personal opinions, where I feel it does well, and how it compares to other games. However, I decided to keep it short...

"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my second most favourite Mass Effect game on the Citadel."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Apparently, a multiplayer DLc pack has been spotted that has the Geth and Batarians as playable races, as well as new Krogan and Asari classes.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-13-mass-effect-3-multiplayer-dlc-spotted

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I haven't been able to play and that's annoying. Maybe someone here can help...

I don't currently have a DVD drive in my PC because I needed it for another machine. Figured I could just drop in the CD key into Origin and it'd go and download it. However, Origin doesn't seem to think this is a valid key. Do I need to install form disk for the key to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Anyone else thing ME3 is getting way more praise in the media than it really deserves? I don't mean the crap ending or the over the top review scores we all know are paid for but more the fact its not a very polished game for a big AAA title.

The graphics are fine but nothing amazing.

The gameplay is not only more linear than ME 1&2 but also alot simpler which after ME2 I didn't think they could dumb down any more.

The character animations (Shepard running) and lip synching are worse than ME2.

Even going by metacritic PC user reviews you can see there is something rotten going on :eek:

ME1
    Critics 89
    User 8.5

ME2
    Critics 94
    Users 8.6

ME3
    Critics 93
    Users 3.5

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Shiminay wrote: »
    I haven't been able to play and that's annoying. Maybe someone here can help...

I don't currently have a DVD drive in my PC because I needed it for another machine. Figured I could just drop in the CD key into Origin and it'd go and download it. However, Origin doesn't seem to think this is a valid key. Do I need to install form disk for the key to work?

I'd no problem popping in a Key from G2Play (which G2P almost always supply from boxed retail versions AFAIK) and downloading it straight away.

To the best of my knowledge any EA key from any source, Digital/Retail etc, is supposed to be usable with Origin (With the exception that older pre 2009 games are a bit hit and miss and may require support assistance to add properly).

I'd say possible you were unlucky enough to get a key from a batch that wasn't uploaded to their authentication servers or something like that and are looking at a support ticket to resolve :(.

EDIT: Apparently this link will add games manually to Origin, according to this thread on the Bioware forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Venom wrote: »
    Anyone else thing ME3 is getting way more praise in the media than it really deserves? I don't mean the crap ending or the over the top review scores we all know are paid for but more the fact its not a very polished game for a big AAA title.

The graphics are fine but nothing amazing.

The gameplay is not only more linear than ME 1&2 but also alot simpler which after ME2 I didn't think they could dumb down any more.

The character animations (Shepard running) and lip synching are worse than ME2.

Even going by metacritic PC user reviews you can see there is something rotten going on :eek:

ME1
    Critics 89
    User 8.5

ME2
    Critics 94
    Users 8.6

ME3
    Critics 93
    Users 3.5

I think it's brilliant, personally. My only real flaws are the sidequests, namely the Citadel and it's overheard conversations where you go and get stuff for them. Really pointless.

The combat has massively improved and the sheer scope of dialogue and interaction based on decisions you made, and characters that survived in ME2 and ME1 is staggering really.

I wouldn't take the Metacritic stuff seriously, it's mostly from users who can't stand EA and are p*ssed at the whole DLC and Origin situations, I doubt most of them actually dislike the game at all.

Cina wrote: »
    I think it's brilliant, personally. My only real flaws are the sidequests, namely the Citadel and it's overheard conversations where you go and get stuff for them. Really pointless.

The combat has massively improved and the sheer scope of dialogue and interaction based on decisions you made, and characters that survived in ME2 and ME1 is staggering really.

I wouldn't take the Metacritic stuff seriously, it's mostly from users who can't stand EA and are p*ssed at the whole DLC and Origin situations, I doubt most of them actually dislike the game at all.

Don't get me wrong its not a bad game by any means, I just don't think its even close to the 9/10 or 10/10 scores its been getting. Both Arkam City and Skyrim were true AAA titles but ME3 is just not near polished enough to be in the same league imho.

While the combat has improved hugely the RPG side of the game has become very basic. The size of the game has also gotten a lot smaller as well with most of the side quests being nothing more than scan a planet or sector.

If the metacritic scores were just people hating on EA why is the ME2 score not low? If you read the negative reviews a great deal of them are very well written and do make valid points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

You lost me there when you said Skyrim was polished. One of the most ludicrously buggy releases of a big game ever.

It's just as good as ME2, for me anyway. For some reason lately people are just hating Bioware, because of the dumbed down stuff they've been doing like DA2 and TOR, as well as the very negative influence EA are having on them.

You lost me there when you said Skyrim was polished. One of the most ludicrously buggy releases of a big game ever.

It's just as good as ME2, for me anyway. For some reason lately people are just hating Bioware, because of the dumbed down stuff they've been doing like DA2 and TOR, as well as the very negative influence EA are having on them.

I encountered one bug in the PC version of Skyrim which was a bugged minor side quest. It was the only issue I had and the rest of the game ran like a dream for me and looked amazing.

ME3 looks kinda dated tbh. Load up ME2 and the graphics are not much worse but the animations and lip sych of the characters looks much better. EA still have the most basic moral system for player choices which is either pure as driven snow or out and out bastard.

• Apparently ME3 was given low ratings on metacritic because of the gay character that is featured and because supposedly Sheppard can romance a guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Anyone having trouble finding a game in multiplayer on pc, haven't been able to play one game.
    And my summary of this game, terrible rpg, decent game

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Holy f#ckballs!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

marco_polo wrote: »
    EDIT: Apparently this link will add games manually to Origin, according to this thread on the Bioware forums.

Many thanks for the assistance, unfortunately it didn't sort my issue.

I shall just contact the folks who sent it to me and get it sorted tomorrow. These things happen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Venom wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong its not a bad game by any means, I just don't think its even close to the 9/10 or 10/10 scores its been getting. Both Arkam City and Skyrim were true AAA titles but ME3 is just not near polished enough to be in the same league imho.

While the combat has improved hugely the RPG side of the game has become very basic. The size of the game has also gotten a lot smaller as well with most of the side quests being nothing more than scan a planet or sector.

If the metacritic scores were just people hating on EA why is the ME2 score not low? If you read the negative reviews a great deal of them are very well written and do make valid points.

I fully agree with you here. As I said earlier, I'm really enjoying the game but it's not something I'll give a second thought to once I'm finished. It's a terrible thing to say about something which people have obviously worked hard to create, but I can't help but get the feeling that they knew the game would be a success, so they didn't put their heart into it.
    For some reason lately people are just hating Bioware, because of the dumbed down stuff they've been doing like DA2 and TOR, as well as the very negative influence EA are having on them.

Are those not perfectly valid reasons for hating the current incarnation of Bioware?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Loved the game (multiplayer and all) but hated the ending. Wrote way too much on the ending thread.

That is all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ok guys i'm wondering if anyone can help me WITHOUT giving any spoilers away.
    I just want to know since i dont have my save from mass effect 1 is there any real impact of not having it ?
    I have my save from mass effect 2 which i can use. Also is there anything in the game like they did with the PS3 version of mass effect 2 where you could pick what happens ? or any sort of Mod on pc i could you to copy my actions from Mass effect 1 AND 2 over Mass effect 3?
    Any help would be great.....But please no Spoilers from ME3 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I've been playing through the 3 Mass Effects lately so I feel I can give a good account of this game. I'm about 12 hrs in and its fairly enjoyable don't get me wrong but there are a lot of parts where I feel Bioware are trying to do something thats mimmicks other games I have played parts that remind me of Gears, Uncharted, Alien & Dead Space & there are a few too many cut scenes particularly early on for my liking. I've braced myself for the ending you'd have to be blind and deaf not to realise its been met with a lot of Anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

blobby360 wrote: »
    Ok guys i'm wondering if anyone can help me WITHOUT giving any spoilers away.
    I just want to know since i dont have my save from mass effect 1 is there any real impact of not having it ?
    I have my save from mass effect 2 which i can use. Also is there anything in the game like they did with the PS3 version of mass effect 2 where you could pick what happens ? or any sort of Mod on pc i could you to copy my actions from Mass effect 1 AND 2 over Mass effect 3?
    Any help would be great.....But please no Spoilers from ME3 :eek:

You don't import your ME1 save game, (as far as I could tell, anyway) only the ME2 one. They make the odd reference to (Mass Effect 1 Spoiler)
    either Ashley or Kaiden dying
    and to some other choices you made. But it's mostly ME2 choices that affect this one.

I gave a link earlier (can't find it now) to an editor that allows you to choose all the options you want for your character. I'll try and find it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Getting a bit worried about this ending some of ye are complaining about.

I just a the bit now, which I think is near the end, will spoiler just in case people aint that far yet,
    The fall of the Theseia and now about to chase after Cerburus

I have played no multiplayer and have my green war assets bar nearly full. Do I have to play multiplayer now to get a good ending or just plough on through and see what happens?

Advertisement