Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

In before the 10000 post lock on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

emo72 wrote: »
    no absolutely not. i dunno where you got idea from?

keep borrowing we're screwed.

don't borrow we're screwed.

when we nationalised private debt, thats when it became game over. we ran out of choices that day. either the troika allow us to write off debt or.......we default. not arguing with anyone here, thats my view. it seems clear to me.

So the econonmy can't afford to have €3.5bn taken out of it but it can afford to have €16bn over night? The country will pretty much be a write off if we had to do that tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

cheeky mod, stealing the glory of the 10,000th post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Still no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Well done sam on getting the final post in part 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

KeithM89 wrote: »
    [Part 2]

This is a continuation of this thread.

No trolling or flaming or face a €100 fine.

aaaannnnddddddddddd go.....

This is the first time ever in AH a thread has reached 10000 posts. That's amazing. Should we do something to celebrate?

And, we're off.......

DON'T REGISTER / DON'T PAY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

cheeky mod, stealing the glory of the 10,000th post

Cheeky Mod - taking the wind out of my reply to Alistair :(

Here it is anyways.....

Also Al, the €90,000,000 extra in interest payments on the increased debt the brilliant Baldy Noonan just managed to negotiate in Brussels must now be paid for - so higher taxes all around.

Excellent Turner cartoon in the IT today (I'm nearly surprised they published it) - we have Noonan descending from a plane, Chamberlain-style, holding a piece of paper saying

"AUSTERITY NOW - PAY LATER"

The pithiest summary of the illegitimate Regime's economic policies I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

What if this charge is dropped in the end what about all the people that paid the 100 euros do they get there money back?

The thread poll figures are a little redundant now, I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Well done sam on getting the final post in part 1.

Thanks Gerry, can I be exempt from paying?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

The postings have slowed now the 10,000th post target is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

@KeithM89: What happened to the poll question? It has completely changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Seeing the old thread with 9999 posts gives me a massive unscratched itch of some kind.

Yea, no fun now.
    Time for a chinky and a bottle of wine.
    All this protesting has me starving and thirsty.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

dvpower wrote: »

Well since the deadline is practically up i thought past tense is more suited. Il change it back if ye wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It got into government........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Paid just to piss off the non payers

Yea, no fun now.
    Time for a chinky and a bottle of wine.
    All this protesting has me starving and thirsty.......:D

Aww. I was looking forward to hearing how regular teachers (ordinary PS workers) - who you don't blame for the excesses of the PS 'fat cats' - should lose their income for the duration of school holidays, but not in a 'blamey' fashion.

Genius!

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    Aww. I was looking forward to hearing how regular teachers (ordinary PS workers) - who you don't blame for the excesses of the PS 'fat cats' - should lose their income for the duration of school holidays, but not in a 'blamey' fashion.

What happened, did it take you 10 mins to find us?

What happened, did it take you 10 mins to find us?

Given that I've posted in this thread before you - no. I don't think so.

Actually what I suggested was that the half a billion in allowances should be cut out.
    Good enough for ya?
    Do you not think that the 'allowance culture/sense of entitlement culture' should be got rid of?

Actually what I suggested was that the half a billion in allowances should be cut out.
    Good enough for ya?

Hmm:
    Give them 4 weeks paid leave and 8 weeks unpaid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Well since the deadline is practically up i thought past tense is more suited. Il change it back if ye wish.
    Meh. Meaningless figures anyway.

But the deadline hasn't passed. A deadline has.
    People are still free to pay the tax and I reckon there are a lot of people out there that were willing to pay the €11 in interest and penanlties to give the government a bloody nose, but who have no intention of withholding payment in the long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

them sounds like fightin words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

There is no such thing as an 'ordinary' public sector worker. The preferential treatment afforded them is quite extraordinary and borders on the discriminations towards the rest of us - who are expected to pick up the tab for their gravy train.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No.
    Didn't register nor pay.

...Either did my sister (a council office worker) or my old parents either,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Meh. Meaningless figures anyway.

But the deadline hasn't passed. A deadline has.
    People are still free to pay the tax and I reckon there are a lot of people out there that were willing to pay the €11 in interest and penanlties to give the government a bloody nose, but who have no intention of withholding payment in the long term.

Maybe you should get a job as a clairvoyant.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Freddie59 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as an 'ordinary' public sector worker. The preferential treatment afforded them is quite extraordinary and borders on the discriminations towards the rest of us - who are expected to pick up the tab for their gravy train.

That'll be another vote for taking wages away from teachers during school holidays then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement