Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Lessons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lig

Hi :

I am looking for a good tutor to teach my kids Flute and Violin.They have been learning locally at a music school in Swords.

Please revert with :
    Contact details
    References
    Where classes can be taken - our home or your place?
    Fees.

Lig

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Helllo all, I am a 30 year old guy looking for trombone lessons, I live in D16. WOuld be willing to travel. Got up to grade 3 as a kid, want to get back to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 galway18

Instruments: Classical Piano and Voice aimed for Beginner/Low Intermediate
    Lessons in S. Home: Depends on location
    Contact name: Laura

I have a Bachelors degree in Music with a concentrate in Vocal Performance. All ages welcome! Please PM me for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

Looking for some singing vocal lessons for my 10 year old daughter. she would love gto learn how to sing we are based in newbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mart1977

For a beginner but grade 6 piano student . Anyone know of a good teacher?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hikenut

Private harp lessons available Southside and via Skype/Facetime.
    Adults and/or children, beginners and/or improvers welcome.
    If you've always wanted to learn the harp in a relaxed environment, now is your opportunity. Classical and Irish repertoire taught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sonjon

Friendly piano teacher with Bachelor's in Musicology gives piano lessons in Mullingar town center.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭GuitarMusic

HI. I recently bought a trumpet and would like to take a few trumpet lessons, in Cork, for good tone production etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oneillm1

Deirdre123 wrote: »
    I hold an honours degree in Music from NUI Maynooth.

Piano lessons available for beginners/intermediates in Chapelizod, Dublin area.

Pm me here if interested or if you would rather discuss it on the phone I can give you my phone number.

Hi I know this was submitted in 2009, but are you still teaching, I would be very interested if you are

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oneillm1

I would like a piano teacher to come to my home to teach a 12 yr old and 9 yr old - I would like them to do all their grading and examinations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AKearnsPiano

Subject(s): Classical piano and RIAM exam preparation
    Contact Name: Alice Kearns

Additional Info: I am a registered member of the RIAM teacher's network offering piano lessons to all ages. I offer private lessons in your own home and reasonable rates (€15 for half an hour). Please PM me for contact information.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭GuitarMusic

Hi. I am teaching beginner guitar in Cork.

I've been playing 25 years and am now playing locally in a duo.

I've also played at the Carrigrohane Toddler group for the last 5 years.

Just send a PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dublinflute

Places available for flute recorder and tin whistle in Dublin city centre.

Warm and friendly teacher with 15 years experience working with all ages and backgrounds.

Pop, Classical, Traditional, Baroque. Lessons tailor made to suit the individual.

Pm for details!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

Hi I am looking for harp lessons for small child and maybe adult, preferably in the Nrth Kildare Dublin area would be great. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Wanted: Piano lessons for adult in Mullingar area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ECau

Irish traditional music teacher based in Clontarf. Can teach tin whistle, concertina, and wooden flute to all levels.
    I have been teaching and gigging for 7 years now.
    Reasonable rates and willing to travel as well as host.
    Look forward to hearing from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MusicEm

I am a fully Qualified Experienced Piano teacher with 100% success rate. I have completed all grades with the Royal Irish Academy of Music and the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music. Currently I hold a Diploma in Piano Performance and Education from Victoria College of Music London with First Class Honours.

I offer lessons with the aim to improve confidence and to primarily enjoy music, Graded exams are offered but are optional.

Classes are offered in Half hour and Hour slots. For more information don't hesitate in contacting me at 0831555016

• Registered Users Posts: 5 didzis

Professional Piano lessons at your home in Dublin city, South Dublin area and Bray.

Beginners are welcome!

FEES: from 20EUR per lesson

CALL TODAY 0838174141

E-MAIL: didziskalnins[at]dublin.com

WEB: didziskalnins.com

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Classical-guitar teacher based in Roscahill, Co. Galway

Beginners welcome, age eight to adult. Exam preparation (ABRSM grades) or just for fun.

Email: pat.hargan [at] gmail.com

Phone: 086 3410372

Web: Facebook.com/GalwayClassicalGuitar

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mcarikn

I stumbled upon some excellent videos by Eric Niceberg recently:
    It's called "Learn Piano With Eric"
    Just search it on Google.
    I believe that the basic course is free :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭emc2

Hi looking for violin lessons for a 5 year old in the Kilmainham area or Dublin 8. Any recommendations or places I could look?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 octobermanor

Violin teacher (classical) wanted for my 7 year old daughter. We are in Citywest, D24, a weekly lesson in our house or will travel locally. She has been learning violin for about 18 months and preparing for first grade Royal Academy next year. Please phone Martin on 087-6220788

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oldyam

Violin lessons required in Delvin area for absolute beginner, mature student preferably at home but can travel in local area.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

I'm looking for keyboard lessons for my 8 yr old in Raheny.
    Is anyone up to the task? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fortyball

Hey there,
    My name is Fiachra.
    Experienced musician and teacher offering guitar lessons in Dublin. Currently studying Songwriting in BIMM.
    Can travel to student's home.
    €20 per hour, €10 per half hour
    Or 087 7641733
    Cheers,
    Fiachra

• Registered Users Posts: 13 piszton

Hello,

Could you please advise me what is the youngest age a child can start guitar?
    Which 'kind of' the guitar should we be looking at first?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fortyball

Hey there,
    A child could start to learn guitar as soon as they are able to use a fork, I would imagine, the thing would be hand/finger articulation, so fairly young. Here is a selection of videos of children playing guitar very well, so they would have started, I would think, several months or a couple of years before -

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=child%20guitar&sm=3 .

As regards the kind of guitar you'd be looking for, here is a handy guide to the appropriate size of guitar -

https://www.google.ie/search?q=sizes+of+guitars&oq=sizes+of+guitar&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.5511j0j4&client=ms-android-alcatel&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=3hGArGX5tdSPkM%3A .

The type depends; a nylon stringed guitar (typically Spanish guitars) might be more suitable for younger children, as the strings, especially the thinner strings, are not as hard or as 'cutting' as the steel stringed equivalents, though the neck can tend to be a bit wider, which brings its own difficulties.

When/if you are getting a guitar, make sure the action isn't high, that is, that the distance between the strings and the fretboard is not a lot, generally the lower the better, without causing the strings to 'buzz' off the frets closer to the headstock/tuning pegs. I would advise going into a guitar shop personally and making sure you get a guitar set up like that. When it comes to brand name, I can't advise really, a lot of it is down to personal taste but you would be looking at spending no less than €100/€150 for a decent quality guitar for a child.

I hope this helps. If you've any more queries don't hesitate to contact me or post them here.

All the best,

Fiachra

piszton wrote: »
    Hello,

Could you please advise me what is the youngest age a child can start guitar?
    Which 'kind of' the guitar should we be looking at first?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

Can anyone recommend a piano teacher in Drogheda or surrounding areas? Grade 8 student

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Subject: Piano lessons
    Lessons in students home? YES
    Contact name: Charlotte
    Email: charlotte.lucas97@hotmail.com

I'm currently a student in NUIG and have 2 years experience teaching piano part time at home (Co.Cavan). I would love to start teaching piano in Galway during the academic year. I will be moving into the city center towards the end of August and plan on becoming a travelling teacher up here.

I'm willing to travel to houses nearby (in the city). I can teach pieces just for fun and I'm also qualified to teach RIAM grades and it doesn't matter to me what age or stage you're at!

Lessons would last either 30 or 40 minutes and cost €15-€20 (depending on your location and length of lesson). Lessons will take place on Sunday night or evenings during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Marzipan85

Hi all,

I am returning to teaching piano after a long hiatus. I used to charge €12 per half hour lesson. But I am thinking of upping this rate to €15 per half hour. Is this a reasonable rate? I didn't study music or performance to third level. But have completed grade 8 ABRSM/Assoc Board and have 3 years part-time teaching experience.

Thanks,
    M, Dublin

Advertisement