Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCSET 2012

• 19-03-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Wondering if many others have applied for IRCSET funding this year? Judging by the last couple years of threads on here the competition is getting tougher and tougher every year!

Any one else going for different funding options? I'm thinking of applying for DIT Fiosraigh as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jennyhogstrom

Hi!

I applied for the IRCSET funding. The competition seem to be very tough. I'm a foreign student and bit worried that only Irish students will get the scholarship.

I also applied for the Hardiman research scholarship (NUIG). I'm on the reserve list for that scholarship, but I'm not counting on getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 shenyt77

Hi, I also applied for IRCSET. I'm wondering when will the result be published... Does anyone know the date?

Waiting is so tough...

Hi!

They said end of April, so hopefully next week. I applied for another scholarship and they were late with the results...so I'm hoping IRCSET will publish the results next week. I know, waiting is tough! I'm checking the IRCSET web page all the time...

Hi!

They said end of April, so hopefully next week. I applied for another scholarship and they were late with the results...so I'm hoping IRCSET will publish the results next week. I know, waiting is tough! I'm checking the IRCSET web page all the time...

Hi,

And I'm also checking the online system again and again. But my status keeps saying "ready for review". Is that the last status before results?

shenyt77 wrote: »
    Hi,

And I'm also checking the online system again and again. But my status keeps saying "ready for review". Is that the last status before results?

My status also says "ready for review". It must be the last status before results...or else we will have to wait a long time before the results are published..

• Advertisement

Hey, the results will be published on IRCSET.ie on the 26-27th of April. So one more week.

Hey, the results will be published on IRCSET.ie on the 26-27th of April. So one more week.

Wow, how did you know that?

So, we don't have to refresh the web again and again. Wish everyone good luck!

alright, I also find it from their website...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Partition

I too have been checking the website everyday. I'm vowing to not go back until next Thursday, 26th! Best of luck to everyone, post up here how you get on :D Does anyone have any indication how many places there are this year? I'd imagine with all the recent cuts it will be lower than ever...

I don't know how many scholarships they offer but it's probably less than last year :/ In general, this year does not look good for postgrad programs. Anyway, best of luck to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Argh, the waiting. Want to do science.

+1
    Sarky wrote: »
    Argh, the waiting. Want to do science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irish Research Council

Hi IRCSET Embark Applicants,

We have just finalised the assessment process; this was completed yesterday. The results will be posted up on our website today. I cannot provide you with an exact time but I will post up a more definite time as soon as possible.

The Irish Research Council

Wow, thank you so much!

That means we have to wait tomorrow!

So exciting!

Hi IRCSET Embark Applicants,

We have just finalised the assessment process; this was completed yesterday. The results will be posted up on our website today. I cannot provide you with an exact time but I will post up a more definite time as soon as possible.

The Irish Research Council

Thanks so much for letting us know! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Are they up yet?

JC06 wrote: »
    Are they up yet?

I keep refreshing it, but don't find the results...

No, not yet. Either way, the waiting will be over soon! :D

The IRCSET Embark results will be posted up on our website within the next 30minutes.

The Irish Research Team

The results have now been posted up on our website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Well crap.

Hope the rest of you have better news.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

Good news for me :)

Best of luck to everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnG18

Well I didn't get it unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

I got it but am turning it down so there should be at least one person not on the list who'll get some good news.

pljudge321 wrote: »
    I got it but am turning it down so there should be at least one person not on the list who'll get some good news.

I didn't get it...
    Will they give change the list if someone gives up?

I didn't get it :( I wonder if someone else will get those scholarships that were turned down. They might save the funding for next year...don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Onomeanacon

My application on smartsimple still says "ready for review" does everyone else have that?

pljudge321 wrote: »

Hi, do you know the dealine of returning the acceptance form to IRCSET?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

As I had posted before I am one of the lucky ones who got accepted and...
    My application on smartsimple still says "ready for review" does everyone else have that?

mine still says ready for review and...

I have received no correspondance from IRCSET yet by post or email. If pljudge321 does not reply back here then I will let you know what it says about deadlines for returning back forms :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

No, I was told the earlier the better though.

Advertisement