Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finance check on a car/bike that was originally UK registered

Options
  • 22-06-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

So I need to do a finance check on a bike that's originally a UK bike but has been on Irish plates for the last 2-3 yrs.

Do I have to purchase 2 separate checks? One from a UK site and another from an Irish one ?

The only place that seems to to both is motorcheck, but while they do an Irish finance check, for the UK they give u "UK finance protection" ..which they say gives u financial protection up to 25k in the event you buy a vehicle that is under UK finance and is repossessed.. terms and conditions apply ..and it doesn't tell you what they are ..is it worth anything or do I need to pay fot two separate checks ?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Motorcheck does a uk and Irish check for you.

€35

✔ UK & Irish Finance Protection
    Irish Finance Check plus UK Finance Protection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

kceire wrote: »
    Motorcheck does a uk and Irish check for you.

€35

✔ UK & Irish Finance Protection
    Irish Finance Check plus UK Finance Protection

Thanks kceire,

yep saw that, did the finance check for 15 that includes Irish Finance Check plus UK Finance Protection, however the report just states theres no Irish finance..no mention about UK finance in the report at all...I'll give them a shout. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Thanks kceire,

yep saw that, did the finance check for 15 that includes Irish Finance Check plus UK Finance Protection, however the report just states theres no Irish finance..no mention about UK finance in the report at all...I'll give them a shout. Thanks

If your buying something that costs over €25k would you not splash out for a higher level or do a UK hpi check along with the Irish finance check?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Del2005 wrote: »
    If your buying something that costs over €25k would you not splash out for a higher level or do a UK hpi check along with the Irish finance check?

Hi, I'm only spending 7.5k ..I had done a full UK/Irish history check already which came back clear, but didn't include finance.

I did the motorcheck ''Irish finance check and UK finance protection'' check and just came back saying there was no Irish finance, no mention about the UK part.

Anyway I gave them a call, they said their system shows no UK finance and that I should have received a UK finance protection confirmation which I did not. They said it's an IT issue and they are working on it and should receive it soon, so all seems ok.

Thanks

Advertisement