Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hi lads and ladies!
    Havent posted here in so long but have been following ye! 2 and a half pounds to go to my next stone, had a bit of a crazy week last week, was away on hols but (somehow!) managed to lose 0.5lb which I was delighted with. Do feel a bit disheartened though because I took a sneaky look at the scales and have so far to get to my goal :( Well done on all the loses!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

just finished 5km on treadmill in an hour! Delighted! :)
    I'm dripping with sweat but i feel great! Earned 6pp :)
    I don't really use my activity pp (but i do use my weeklies)
    but i do like to keep track of my activity pp

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Does anyone know if you can get the nutritional info of the tgi Fridays menu

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can get the nutritional info of the tgi Fridays menu

Dont have the nutritional info, but there menu is on there website, so you can at least plan what your going to have. :)

____________________-

EDIT

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/tgi-fridays/

THIS MIGHT HELP..but only some of it has been verified by TGIF

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi everyone, new to this thread & WW. I'm looking to join WW but going to meetings doesn't really suit. Is there anyone here who uses the online WW on the UK site? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Monife wrote: »

Oh god, I went mental on the dinner tonight for the OH's birthday. We were STARVIIINNG!!! Hadn't eaten since 1pm except an apple and packet of velvet crunch and dinner was booked at 9pm (couldn't get it any earlier) and we even went to the gym and pool in the hotel. [/B]

god u must have been starving alright. I hate it when things like that happen and u just can't fit in the time to eat before a big meal. Thats why i don't mind my fast before WI so much, its only a couple of hours and i scoff my 29 points after it. Your dinner sounded YUM YUM YUM!!!!! Very jealous :P

Lola92 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, new to this thread & WW. I'm looking to join WW but going to meetings doesn't really suit. Is there anyone here who uses the online WW on the UK site? Thanks :)

I do ww online with the uk site, i find it great. but i did go to meeting for about 15 months, it does work out WAY WAY cheaper online.

first few months of doing it were tough, cos you kinda felt like you could cheat...kinda "ah sure who cares about WI tomorrow...no one will know" you have to become pretty self disciplined about it. cos your only accountable to your self.

But this thread acts as a great meeting...better than a meeting actually...cos if you ask a question....you actually get answers....and we all swop meetings and tell each other about foods we find, exercise tips, zumba classes, excercise clothing, swop emotional baggage, journeys, we vent, we motivate, we're all equal.....but we're all different too so theres always someone at the same point...

we got a few brides, a few new mommys, a few gold cards who are maintaining, a few newbies, a few students, some who want to lose 1 stone...some who want to lose 10 stone.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I do ww online with the uk site, i find it great. but i did go to meeting for about 15 months, it does work out WAY WAY cheaper online.

first few months of doing it were tough, cos you kinda felt like you could cheat...kinda "ah sure who cares about WI tomorrow...no one will know" you have to become pretty self disciplined about it. cos your only accountable to your self.

But this thread acts as a great meeting...better than a meeting actually...cos if you ask a question....you actually get answers....and we all swop meetings and tell each other about foods we find, exercise tips, zumba classes, excercise clothing, swop emotional baggage, journeys, we vent, we motivate, we're all equal.....but we're all different too so theres always someone at the same point...

we got a few brides, a few new mommys, a few gold cards who are maintaining, a few newbies, a few students, some who want to lose 1 stone...some who want to lose 10 stone.

Thanks for your reply Lady Lainy, really appreciate it.

I fall into the new mommy catagory I guess. Have always been overweight throughout my life but gained a lot in the year leading up to my pregnancy for various reasons.
    Regards motivation and dicipline I don't think that is a problem (at least for now). I want to finally change my lifestyle, for good, for myself and my daughter. I want her to have a healthy, positive female role model to look up to.
    Just a question about the sign up - How did you do it?? I just tried to sign up for WW online but I had to choose a British county? is there a way to get around this? I just picked a random one but it wouldn't work :rolleyes::P

Lola92 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Lady Lainy, really appreciate it.

I fall into the new mommy catagory I guess. Have always been overweight throughout my life but gained a lot in the year leading up to my pregnancy for various reasons.
    Regards motivation and dicipline I don't think that is a problem (at least for now). I want to finally change my lifestyle, for good, for myself and my daughter. I want her to have a healthy, positive female role model to look up to.
    Just a question about the sign up - How did you do it?? I just tried to sign up for WW online but I had to choose a British county? is there a way to get around this? I just picked a random one but it wouldn't work :rolleyes::P

oh just google a random english hotel, and use that, you have to give a postcode that matches the county. they'll accept payment from a irish card.

the only thing is you cant buy from the site, cos they dont post outside the UK, but you can get stuff from ebay :)

Brilliant, and here was me thinking did I know any of my relatives in the UK's address..:rolleyes:

Really appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

In relation to who we are I'm 27, female and 5'6'' and I lost 4 stone 5 years ago, got to my WW goal with No Count! I wanted to get to 10 stone! This time last year I was 10.9 stone but drinking and a crappy break up lead to me going back up to 12 stone! I exercise 5 days a week, 3 of which are high activity and generally 40 min stints! I'm on pp now and loving it but not going to weigh in every week (am a good member) as I wasn't losing any weight and it was frustrating me as I knew I was simmer! I'm now 11.11 and goal is 10 by Christmas...

I eat / drink all of my weeklies and some weeks I eat my activities, I do try not to but I like going out and having a few drinks and want to live life as I put it on hold the first time around!?

It does require a lot of discipline but it's worth every bit :D

**happy dance***

Pizza & wedges in the oven :D NOM NOM NOM

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Hi guys. Just spent quite a while reading this thread and I've only covered a very small portion of it so far!

I joined WW on Thursday and why I did it before the feast of chocolate is beyond me but doing ok-ish so far anyway. I adore chocolate and bread and cooking and baking but I really have to get a handle on it. I used to be about a stone heavier than I am ( now 15st 11lbs - eek!) and then there's a stone that kinda creeps on and off, well it's on now but wasn't there in january! I am a type 2 diabetic so cutting down and losing weight won't do me any harm there either!
    I'm 48 and 5ft 4", take a size 18.

Heading out tonight but going to hopefully stick to diet cokes!

I have been to WW a couple of times in the past and I'm good enough at losing weight, it's the keeping it off that does it for me! I did have a little laugh to myself on Thursday, I first went to WW 23 years ago and the class leader is the same lady now!

I must get me one of those ticker thingys like Lady lainey has. I'm really looking forward to getting to my 5% target - 11pounds. I'm loving the pro points and find the calculator brill.

Caros wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just spent quite a while reading this thread and I've only covered a very small portion of it so far!

I joined WW on Thursday and why I did it before the feast of chocolate is beyond me but doing ok-ish so far anyway. I adore chocolate and bread and cooking and baking but I really have to get a handle on it. I used to be about a stone heavier than I am ( now 15st 11lbs - eek!) and then there's a stone that kinda creeps on and off, well it's on now but wasn't there in january! I am a type 2 diabetic so cutting down and losing weight won't do me any harm there either!
    I'm 48 and 5ft 4", take a size 18.

Heading out tonight but going to hopefully stick to diet cokes!

I have been to WW a couple of times in the past and I'm good enough at losing weight, it's the keeping it off that does it for me! I did have a little laugh to myself on Thursday, I first went to WW 23 years ago and the class leader is the same lady now!

I must get me one of those ticker thingys like Lady lainey has. I'm really looking forward to getting to my 5% target - 11pounds. I'm loving the pro points and find the calculator brill.

just click on my ticker and it should take you to the website to create your own :)

Lainy, sorry to be a pest, I have set up a ticker yoke, it shows up in my profile but not on my posts, any idea how to get the damn thing to show up on posts?

Oh I'm so sorry- it's there now!

Oh by the way I've given myself a 2 stone target to see if that's manageable rather than the 5 stone and 11 pounds the WW lady said was my ultimate aim!

Caros wrote: »
    Lainy, sorry to be a pest, I have set up a ticker yoke, it shows up in my profile but not on my posts, any idea how to get the damn thing to show up on posts?

Oh I'm so sorry- it's there now!

Oh by the way I've given myself a 2 stone target to see if that's manageable rather than the 5 stone and 11 pounds the WW lady said was my ultimate aim!

Welcome to the journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I can't see any tickers :(

I want to get one, but I don't want it to show on my posts as I post in other forums, can ya do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Was up and out for a run at 7.30am this morning :D I must be mad! But felt great afterwards as had my whole day w/o worrying about when I was going to fit in some exercise. Had friends over in the afternoon and we sat outside in the sun - baked I was :D:D:D

Just had the nicest, most massive homemade dinner ever! Was going to BBQ but my Lidl BBQ let me down so I had to fire up George F. I made the chicken mince burgers that Lainy (I think) posted ages ago - the ones where you mix in couscous and herbs to the mince. OMG, they were AMAZING :D:D:D Had two of them for only 7pp! I was only going to have one burger bun but it was so nice, I had two, another 7pp, but stuffed to the gills now! It was DELISH!

Also, got my first smartphone yesterday - first app downloaded - iwatchr! Love it :D:D:D:D

Having the parents for dinner tomorrow - Mam's making Lemon Meringue for dessert - anyone any guesses how many pp in it?

Happy Easter Everyone :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Monife wrote: »
    I can't see any tickers :(

I want to get one, but I don't want it to show on my posts as I post in other forums, can ya do that?

i just did one but I dont know if i did it right i posted mine in visitor messages is that right so people who visit my profile see it

aspie mum wrote: »
    i just did one but I dont know if i did it right i posted mine in visitor messages is that right so people who visit my profile see it

well i dont think many people actually look at profiles on here,

to put it in the post you put it into the "signature"

• Advertisement

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Was up and out for a run at 7.30am this morning :D I must be mad! But felt great afterwards as had my whole day w/o worrying about when I was going to fit in some exercise. Had friends over in the afternoon and we sat outside in the sun - baked I was :D:D:D

Just had the nicest, most massive homemade dinner ever! Was going to BBQ but my Lidl BBQ let me down so I had to fire up George F. I made the chicken mince burgers that Lainy (I think) posted ages ago - the ones where you mix in couscous and herbs to the mince. OMG, they were AMAZING :D:D:D Had two of them for only 7pp! I was only going to have one burger bun but it was so nice, I had two, another 7pp, but stuffed to the gills now! It was DELISH!

Also, got my first smartphone yesterday - first app downloaded - iwatchr! Love it :D:D:D:D

Having the parents for dinner tomorrow - Mam's making Lemon Meringue for dessert - anyone any guesses how many pp in it?

Happy Easter Everyone :D:D:D:D

with home made stuff its impossible to point, unless you get the recipe from her.

with home made stuff its impossible to point, unless you get the recipe from her.

Yeah, I know :( Will have to try get the recipe off her on the QT - she doesn't know I'm doing WW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Seriously fell of the wagon the last few days.

Just felt like eating what I want. Made a few good choices but not expecting any good results this week, will be really happy if I stay the same. OH birthday yesterday and had 3 course meal and drinks in the hotel and a huge fry this morning. Hungover state, went and got chicken baguette and had popcorn and a small aero.

This evening, friends birthday party, had good few drinks and nibbles (wedges, cocktails sausages, chicken wings). Going for afternoon easter dinner with the family tomorrow but hope to stay within points.

Going to go for long walk tomorrow, monday and hopefully tuesday to hopefully balance it out a bit.

Sorry for the rambling, a bit tipsy hee hee

Quick Q, ppl: I just had a fruit salad & yogurt for brekkie. My salad consisted of:
    1 satsuma,
    1 kiwi,
    1 slice pineapple,
    Handful of grapes,
    Handful of blueberries.

Would you point this or would you leave it at zero, but not have anymore fruit during the day? I know you can't really point fruit, but I could put it in as 2pp, I'm just afraid that I'm eating too much fruit. What do you think?

Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

I personally would not point it myself. its not that much fruit really :)

Happy Easter everyone :) I can't wait to have a bag of tayto today :D gave up crisps for Lent so looking forward to my lunch now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Bit of backgroud ...

back in Sept '09, my wife's cousin gave up chocolate for a month, in October '09 she challenged me to a month without chocolate(I used to go 'home' to belgium once a year and bring back a 'years' supply of chocolate(7-10kg:eek:) and would have it all ate in the first 4-5 weeks:eek:), by the time we went to visit them in Jan '10 I still hadnt eaten chocolate, so we made it a €50 bet that we would go a year without(chocolate :D). In August '10 she was here on hols and we doubled the bet and set the end date @ Xmas '11. Up to now I've had no issues sticking to it, but :( .....

All my family know about the bet so last year I got no easter eggs, however, this year there is a 13month old little man running around here and he got 7 easter eggs. Tis morning he got some pieces and his mother broke the remainder to put the chocolate in a tub in the cupboard.

The chocolate smells SAVAGE!!!:mad: It's the first time in 17months that I've really,really wanted chocolate!!:(:mad:

Either me or the chocolate is going to have to move out!;)

I got 2 easter eggs this a.m. :mad:
    Ate 2 of the sweeties (4 points for the 2) from one and going to get himself to hide the rest!

We went out last night and I had 3 drinks (9 points) so I'm making use of my extra 49 pro points. Overdid it on the diet coke though, don't want to see it now for an awfully long time! We walked to and from the pub but it was very leisurely as I had heels on, would that type of activity count for anything? About 20 mins each way.

I'll be having a good long walk later on thankfully as we're planning on going over to Killarney.

Girls, those of ye with tickers, I see ye're doing fantastically at this, fair play to ye!!! Ye're an inspiration! :D

wow slept light like a rock last night! that 5k must have wiped me out :) woke up this morning wired and ready to take on the world :P

Not an easter egg in site....but my mum is home tonight, so there will be a major grocery shop tomorrow....it will take all my strength to resist the reduced to clear easter eggs :O

(i may just have to stuff my gob with a few ww cakes to control the sweet tooth)

Hoping to get in another 5k today :)

for anyone who just got a new phone you can trade in your old phone for boots points on your card :) old phones for make up ladies :D

http://www.bootsrecycle.com/consumer/

When i get to 42lbs loss (that'll be 3 stone) i'm going to buy me self a new android phone, the one i want is only about 100 euro :) (which aint that much really when it comes to smartphones)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Zippidy

Down 1.2lbs - Delighted with that! I say I put up some muscle too which is fine by me as long as the scales show SOME loss :) going to start tracking muscle/water/fat percentage at each saturday WI too...so at least that way I an tell if the bad numbers are going down and the good numbers are going up :P
    fat being bad, muscle being good :P

Happy out!

Hi Lainey,

Just to say, there is no way that you are putting on muscle. To put on noticeable muscle you need between 300 and 1000 mg of testosterone per declitre of blood. Most men have 500mg per decilitre.

Most women have 50mg - a heck of a lot less.

Second, even strong men who work out hard can only manage to put on 1lb of muscle PER MONTH.

Third, they generally eat 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, and eat about 100 calories of surplus per day.

You aren't getting that much protein, you're eating at a deficit, you're not doing hard weights (I really mean hard here), and your testosterone is insufficient to put on any noticeable muscle because you're a woman, not to mention all of the other factors....

I think it's good that people know this, cos u often hear "ooh I must have put on muscle since I joined the gym two weeks ago, I'm heavier." If it was that easy we would all look like Schwarzeneggar.

I hope you don't take this post wrongly.... you are doing BRILLIANT work with your weight loss. But muscle growth ain't happening :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement