Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sun cream

Options
  • 21-06-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

Sorry couldn't see this had been discussed .

I saw a lovely people carrier yesterday, a 2012 , and it was covered in handprints from sun cream , and I really mean covered!!!! This stuff should be outlawed . I've seen so many cars since last year that have had paintwork seriously damaged by it.

Or is there something that can get it off, our cars thank god seem to have escaped , with our little nippers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Don't outlaw it! I have a very painful "taxi drivers tan" down my right arm and I'm smothering it in sun cream from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Any decent car polish will take it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Outlaw it?

Yeah we'd all have better car paintwork but cancer would be through the roof.

I had the odd stain on an ol dcar of mine, it certainly looks terrible, but I had no kids at the time and had no idea where they came from, I was thinking it must have been other kids at the beach playing tag using my car as a thing to hide behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Obviously I don't want people to burn them selves to death not wearing sun cream . Just make sure everybody keeps they're paws off the paintwork . :0)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

PLUG71 wrote: »
    Any decent car polish will take it off.
    it will but the stains seem to re appear after a few months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Outlaw sun-cream?

Is this After Hours?

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    it will but the stains seem to re appear after a few months or so.

If you use quality polish that will cut back the paitwork slightly this should not happen.

I have been in the trade for years and detailed 100's of vehicles and never had the marks come back.

If the problem does persist get the car detailed where it will be machine polished (mopped).

I'm in Mayo if your stuck :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

PLUG71 wrote: »
    If you use quality polish that will cut back the paitwork slightly this should not happen.

I have been in the trade for years and detailed 100's of vehicles and never had the marks come back.

If the problem does persist get the car detailed where it will be machine polished (mopped).

I'm in Mayo if your stuck :);)

Now there's a PLUG if there ever was one :pac:

goz83 wrote: »
    Now there's a PLUG if there ever was one :pac:

I couldnt resist the temptation :)

I see what ya did there :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

SamAK wrote: »
    Outlaw sun-cream?

Is this After Hours?

Excuse me but I did say back at post 6 that I didn't want people to burn . Stop being so serious ... Did the sun get to you :0)

Advertisement