Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Mags for my M4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

The Lonex high caps are great, the string to wind them is brilliant if a little loud when out playing. 20 pulls empties a mag. They are pricey but IMHO well worth it, never had any feeding problems across several devices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Tb2Pl_FgM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If you're interested in mid caps, MAG brand mids feed flawlessly in every AEG I've used them in. JG, DBOYS, VFC, G&P, G&G. I'd give them a try, besides, hi-caps are for noobs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭BankshotDrew

I will try to give the Lonex mags a go when I have some spare cash.....
    As for the mid caps I'd rather not. I would literally be demolished if I had to go on less than 150 rounds per reload. I think I actually might need a drum mag!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

As for the mid caps I'd rather not. I would literally be demolished if I had to go on less than 150 rounds per reload. I think I actually might need a drum mag!:D

If you can't do it with midcaps, you're not doing it properly. Semi-Auto FTW :D

Unsinnig wrote: »

Funnily enough it can only fire semi auto! The full auto is broken so I have to shoot semi hehe.

• Advertisement

Unsinnig wrote: »

Funnily enough it can only fire semi auto! The full auto is broken so I have to shoot semi hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

It is very odd for a gun to develop a fault and limit itself to semi-auto, as the guns were designed to fire full auto and use a rather primitive mechanical means of interrupting the cycle, so generally guns will default to full auto.

You may have a damaged selector plate.

As far as mags are concerned, I personally use King Arms STANAG (and SG 556) and Magpul PTS EMAGS (not green label); never had any problems from either, to be perfectly honest. MAG brand midcaps are great - they're cheap and cheerful, and do the job. I use their Sig-series mags, and they're great!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭walks86

The Lonex high caps are great, the string to wind them is brilliant if a little loud when out playing. 20 pulls empties a mag. They are pricey but IMHO well worth it, never had any feeding problems across several devices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Tb2Pl_FgM

20??:eek:

pretty sure 3 or 4 (until you hear the pull change slightly) should get you through 95% of the mag if not all.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

walks86 wrote: »
    20??:eek:

pretty sure 3 or 4 (until you hear the pull change slightly) should get you through 95% of the mag if not all.....

Thats what I find and I have 5 of them, is no big deal that takes about 20 seconds to do. Have to say I find the Hicap low cap thing funny, we are firing white plastic balls with zero accuracy really compared to a bullet, realism is out the window, a 120rd mid cap is just as unrealistic as a 360rd high cap.....and yes I use drum mags and I love em...:D

@ Inari - Well the thing is, it doesn't have a problem firing full auto. It get's proper stuck on full auto until I pull out the mag so I am forced to fire in semi all the time !

@Fitzgeme - I totally agree. Certain aspects of realism can be ignored for me.
    Hicaps are no bother at all tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

@ Inari - Well the thing is, it doesn't have a problem firing full auto. It get's proper stuck on full auto until I pull out the mag so I am forced to fire in semi all the time !
    Oil the bejaysus out of your selector plate. Separate the receivers, pry the body away from the gearbox gently with a flat head screw driver and liberally spray silicone oil down between selector plate and body (this is on the left hand side). This should greatly alleviate that problem.

When G&G changed their plastic, it started to bind on the selector plate and needs regular oiling to reduce the friction. If it doesn't work, then your problem lies with the sliding contact spring as far as I know

Hey Inari. I am a total dumb**** when it comes to opening up my gun whether it be modding or maintenance. I have no experience so I will wait until the thing breaks. hehe Have any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MAG midcaps are the only way.

I've tried every other brand conceivable and experienced faults with every one of them

King Arms were supposidly the saviours but they have **** springs that are really lax and cause feeding issues. And expensive too.

MAG can be bought in a box of 8 for about €40 shipped from abroad.

I still have 4 left in working order.....7 years on after buying my first box...

I'm only ever annoyed I never bought more, like goldust now.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

TheDoc wrote: »
    MAG midcaps are the only way.

I've tried every other brand conceivable and experienced faults with every one of them

King Arms were supposidly the saviours but they have **** springs that are really lax and cause feeding issues. And expensive too.

MAG can be bought in a box of 8 for about €40 shipped from abroad.

I still have 4 left in working order.....7 years on after buying my first box...

I'm only ever annoyed I never bought more, like goldust now.
    Have to agree with the doc here , usually with airsoft the more money you invest in gear the better it is ,but with MAG mags they are just the business .they work flawlessly ,are cheap and sturdy to last years.i only wish they made metal ones

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

darren ff wrote: »
    Have to agree with the doc here , usually with airsoft the more money you invest in gear the better it is ,but with MAG mags they are just the business .they work flawlessly ,are cheap and sturdy to last years.i only wish they made metal ones

wish granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

thermo wrote: »
    Wow , thanks airsoft genie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

darren ff wrote: »

Airsoftguns have metal 190 round MAG M4 midcaps. Come in a box of 5.

Advertisement