Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need advice on new monitor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I'd go with the Samsung one, better speck and hdmi

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭smjpl

Scavage wrote: »
    I am looking to buy a new monitor for my computer, has anyone had any experience with this monitor Acer G226HQLBb 22 Inch ? Or would it be worth the extra 20quid to go for this Samsung S22B300HS 21.5 Inch Widescreen?

Any advice appreciated! :)
    BloodBath wrote: »

I have to agree with Bloodbath based on specs but I can't confirm what the monitor is like as I have never tried it. It is pretty much the same when it comes to features but where it excels is due to the fact that you are getting a IPS panel which is a much better than the TN panel that is in the monitors you chose. IPS panels have much better viewing angles, colour reproduction and contrast levels when compared to a TN panel. So for looking at movies, photgraphs etc. the IPS panel will look so much better. The only drawback to an IPS panel is the response time tends to be a little bit slower with an IPS panel. This only matters in when playing first person shooter games and to some people it makes no difference at all but it is something to consider. Check for reviews on that monitor from multiple sources. Check the forums etc. It does look like a good buy. My only reservation is that it may too cheap
    to be true. Plus that and the fact that I hate buying from Argos. I don't trust the quality of their products.

Regards,
    Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

smjpl wrote: »
    I have to agree with Bloodbath based on specs but I can't confirm what the monitor is like as I have never tried it. It is pretty much the same when it comes to features but where it excels is due to the fact that you are getting a IPS panel which is a much better than the TN panel that is in the monitors you chose. IPS panels have much better viewing angles, colour reproduction and contrast levels when compared to a TN panel. So for looking at movies, photgraphs etc. the IPS panel will look so much better. The only drawback to an IPS panel is the response time tends to be a little bit slower with an IPS panel. This only matters in when playing first person shooter games and to some people it makes no difference at all but it is something to consider. Check for reviews on that monitor from multiple sources. Check the forums etc. It does look like a good buy. My only reservation is that it may too cheap
    to be true. Plus that and the fact that I hate buying from Argos. I don't trust the quality of their products.

Regards,
    Sun
    I have the 23" version. The panel is quality, the stand is wobbly, and havent noticed any ghosting so the response time is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭smjpl

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I have the 23" version. The panel is quality, the stand is wobbly, and havent noticed any ghosting so the response time is fine

Have you noticed any input lag? If not then it seems like a solid choice. You can't expect a rock solid stand at that price so I reckon it would be a good buy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement