Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Cian A wrote: »
    Does anybody here do homework on a friday? I was thinking of getting it out of the way, but sure that's unlikely :rolleyes:

Sunday night! I'd like to be able to do it on Fridays but I don't have the willpower :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

M&S* wrote: »
    Sunday night! I'd like to be able to do it on Fridays but I don't have the willpower :(

+1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I actually really liked UL today :eek: I am now seriously confused as to where I'm going next year though and what I'm going to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Right, so I'm gonna go for a really long sleep, someone wake me up when the exams are over yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Weeeeeeeeeeeekend :D

• Advertisement

Right so I've had tests this week, didn't study for any of them, I felt though that maybe I performed to 70-80% of my ability so I was fairly pleased anyway. Would not doing your best bother any of ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

^Not in the slightest. It does bother my teachers and parents though :p

And I loooooooooove UL :D

Why is it that a seemingly overwhelming percentage of the posters in this thread are Munster/connaught? Weird :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Does anybody here do homework on a friday?

Ugh, Never. :(

How are the parent teacher meetings going?

I had mine this week got devoured in Irish and scared the maths teacher cause I failed a test miserably (i'm in pass) but it's my own fault for totally neglecting it.

Sciences went great though and I got asked to join science quiz team which was great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Why is it that a seemingly overwhelming percentage of the posters in this thread are Munster/connaught? Weird :rolleyes:

Ulster :D

• Advertisement

Manic2 wrote: »
    Ulster :D

Whereabouts? If Donegal, I instalove you

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Whereabouts? If Donegal, I instalove you

Nope sorry, Monaghan for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Lads, I actually hated UL so much. It reminded me of a mental hospital and people really weren't exaggerating when they said how much of a knacker-infested shít heap Limerick is. Fúcking hell.

Lads, I actually hated UL so much. It reminded me of a mental hospital and people really weren't exaggerating when they said how much of a knacker-infested shít heap Limerick is. Fúcking hell.

I heard about a lad who got mugged and run over 3 times. You alright? :rolleyes:

Manic2 wrote: »
    Nope sorry, Monaghan for me :P

Sure that's grand I can still love like be friends with Acquaint myself with Know you.

:pac:

I heard about a lad who got mugged and run over 3 times. You alright? :rolleyes:

It wasn't me :rolleyes: The only part of the day that I enjoyed was the pub afterwards and leaving Limerick. I thought Dublin was ugly, but sweet jesus!

Is it weird that this post makes me want to see Limerick in all its ****ness :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Christ will ye get off it! Limerick isn't that bad like! Sure it's a little rough in places (Especially around the Bus Station) but besides that it isn't all that bad, been around there at night a few times and never experienced any problems :pac:

No, because your incredibly biased towards Dublin :p

Pahaha, off with ya!
    Christ will ye get off it! Limerick isn't that bad like! Sure it's a little rough in places (Especially around the Bus Station) but besides that it isn't all that bad, been around there at night a few times and never experienced any problems :pac:
    It's an absolute ****hole! Compared to Galway and Cork anyway!

• Advertisement

Pahaha, off with ya!

Compared to Galway and Cork yes, but on the way up there I passed through Buttevant. Limerick's practically Beverly Hills compared to that dump! Don't think it's worse than Dublin either, can't stand Dublin (No offence resident Jackeens that's just an experience thing)! I think I'd be happy enough living there, good city for sport (Couldn't bring myself to support Limerick FC though or spend every week with the rugger buggers:pac:)
    and with three colleges there the night life isn't bad, only an hour and 3/4 back to the homeland as well which is handy:D

Your super Fiery, I love it ;)

But what was so bad about it? I have a feeling it's something hilarious.

Compared to Galway and Cork yes, but on the way up there I passed through Buttevant. Limerick's practically Beverly Hills compared to that dump! Don't think it's worse than Dublin either, can't stand Dublin (No offence resident Jackeens that's just an experience thing)! I think I'd be happy enough living there, good city for sport (Couldn't bring myself to support Limerick FC though or spend every week with the rugger buggers:pac:)
    and with three colleges there the night life isn't bad, only an hour and 3/4 back to the homeland as well which is handy:D
    I've never been to (or heard of :rolleyes:) Buttevant, but it sounds lovely! :p I really, really like central Dublin but the rest of it is really ugly and rough looking. By the rest of it I mean the bit I drove through, so about 2% of it :rolleyes: but yea Dublin's pretty **** too but it's still a trillion times better than Limerick, they're not even comparable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Would I be right in saying bangers are dangerous as **** in the hands of 15 year old boys? Am I being ott?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Went to U.L. and what a day!

All last week the Principal was saying to his one 6th Year class that the U.L. open day was on a Saturday so there was no need to organise a bus up on the Friday.

One student organised a bus up today anyway on the sly and just as the bus was departing for Limerick who do we see but the Principal and the Vice-Principal pulling up :eek:

Bus driver drove on anyway and the two boys followed us in the bus for about 10 miles and when we stopped to pick up more people they tried to get on the bus but we closed the door on them and tore off :D:cool:

They followed us for about 5 more miles before they eventually gave up and turned around.

School Monday should be great fun after today's events and just to add to the mix our parent teacher meetings are on Monday too :D

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying bangers are dangerous as **** in the hands of 15 year old boys? Am I being ott?

I'm in an all boys school. Lunchtime is a Pyrotechnical battleground. They throw them back and forth in groups, genuinely trying to blow each other up. There are two first years (both 12 years old) who can't write in their classes cause they have goopy melted skin and bits of flesh still missing from their hands.

Gotta love the plough.

I'm really not liking the anti-Dublin vibe going on in here :mad:. Sure what's wrong with it? We have parks, mountains and beaches, modern architechture, 3 of Ireland's best universities, a bustling city centre and the best sport in the country. Stay out of the wrong areas (and that can be said for anywhere) and you're grand.

And I love most other counties for their individualism just as much as I do Dublin for the record.

I'm really not liking the anti-Dublin vibe going on in here :mad:.

I want to come to Dublin :rolleyes:

Sure they have lovely Universitys in Galway and Cork, let em off I say!

I'm really not liking the anti-Dublin vibe going on in here :mad:. Sure what's wrong with it? We have parks, mountains and beaches, modern architechture, 3 of Ireland's best universities, a bustling city centre and the best sport in the country. Stay out of the wrong areas (and that can be said for anywhere) and you're grand.

And I love most other counties for their individualism just as much as I do Dublin for the record.

I'm only speaking from general experience. I find the people from Dublin to be great. But generally the streets are dirty, the place is overpopulated, there's mental traffic and there's just stressed people all around you. I find the suburban areas fine for the most part, but from going to matches all around Dublin I just feel better as I'm leaving, I know it sounds terrible but that's just my opinion of the city itself, not of the people!

• Advertisement

"We do have lovely roundabouts in Limerick" :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement