Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

French/Italian Alps, boat choice

Options
  • 17-05-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi guys.
    Quick question as to what boat you guys would recommend for the above. I have access to:

-A Diesel 65
    -Dagger MX 7.5, 8.0
    -Pyranha H3.

I feel most comfortable in the diesel 65 and the 7.5, but wondering if I'll get swamped by the water.

We're going late May, back mid June and plan to paddle the Dranse first. Looking to hit some solid class IV water.
    Looking for opinions, possible past experiences in the Alps using the above or similar.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭nookie

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭simons545

I weigh 68-70kg depending on the day and am 5' 7". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Im a Dagger fan so I'd be picking that boat. I've been to the French Alps with the Mamba and it never let me down. Having said that the MX has rails all the way to the back and Mamba doesn't so as Nookie says, similar to the diesel it will need to be paddled and you'll have to have your arse moving ;)

Advertisement