Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help getting to Howth

• 24-11-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hey need to be out in howth for 11 I don't drive or know the area. No dart going out that way till 10:40. On the dart to malahide now wondering what stop would be the nearest to howth to hop off and get a taxi. Im guessing malahide but don't know any advice? Or idea on how much that would cost ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Where are you coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

I'm on the northbound dart from Dublin city

Rachiee wrote: »
    I'm on the northbound dart from Dublin city

I'd say Howth Junction would be your nearest for a Taxi, alternatively get off at Howth Junction and there's a dart that will have you in Howth for 11.18.

Not sure of the taxi cost, I'd say it could be about €15, its a fair enough distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Get off at howth junction and a taxi probably

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Cool thanks for your help

• Advertisement

No problem! Check out the farmers market in Howth btw (next door to Wrights Findlater), some awesome food to be found :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I would have suggested Raheny as there is a taxi rank just down from the station.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    I would have suggested Raheny as there is a taxi rank just down from the station.

Thats an option, pricier taxi though, especially on a Sunday, traffic is usually mental on the coast road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Thats an option, pricier taxi though, especially on a Sunday, traffic is usually mental on the coast road

Not much difference in price and you still have to go onto the coast road. If the OP doesn't know Howth Junction then he or she might find it hard to get a taxi or even onto the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭KD345

If you're making this journey again, you should consider the 31/31A. Departures start at 9.15 from Lower Abbey Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭tomtucker81

Raheny dart station and into a taxi outside. Howth junction leaves you in a housing estate on one side or industrial estate on the other. Reality is a taxi from howth junction(assuming you find one) will just go straight out onto coast road less than a mile from where a taxi from raheny would. Not much in the line of savings!!

Although given your original post, you should be in howth now. Did ya get there alright?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭tomtucker81

Raheny dart station and into a taxi outside. Howth junction leaves you in a housing estate on one side or industrial estate on the other. Reality is a taxi from howth junction(assuming you find one) will just go straight out onto coast road less than a mile from where a taxi from raheny would. Not much in the line of savings!!

Although given your original post, you should be in howth now. Did ya get there alright?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Mr Simpson wrote: »

At 10:30am I very much doubt there would be mental traffic on the coast road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

lxflyer wrote: »

The traffic always tends to be backed up at Sutton Cross though unless it's the middle of the night.

lxflyer wrote: »

Thats usually the time I head out there at on a Sunday, and it would usually be crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Either way - I'd have said Raheny was the best bet to get a taxi from, given the station location.

Advertisement