Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Chanel do a gorgeous Khaki shade, its about €20 in BTs.

There's a few on eBay as well, though the bidding usually ends over £20 + postage so buying in BTs is cheaper, plus by buying in BTs you're guaranteed to get a genuine product, whereas with eBay you have to be very careful.

If you look on eBay for Khaki polish your bound to find something :)
    I've done a quick search on eBay and found these.

I've done a quick eBay search and found these

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-OPI-PIRATES-CARIBBEAN-STRANGER-TIDES-KHAKI-/200616120212?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Nails_Manicure_Pedicure_CA&hash=item2eb5a70f94#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Eyeko-Polish-Military-Khaki-/180677388579?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Nails_Manicure_Pedicure_CA&hash=item2a11362923#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.ie/OPI-NAIL-POLISH-COLOR-CANT-TAMED-KHAKI-METALLIC-/130530721955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e643cc0a3#ht_500wt_922

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

brilliant thread idea i am a nail varnish addict I am currently drolling over the pictures pythia and purple bobbin posted while telling myself I do not need any more polishes!

My favourites at the moment are Nails inc in Jerymn Street and fashion fawn (the one that came free with instyle magazine). I have OPI elaphantastic pink on my toes :)

A lovely friend bought me a barry m shatter polish in pink yesterday can't wait to try it out i love the black one

Question from changing my nail polish so often my cuticles and the skin beside my nails is all gone awful - anything I can use to sort it out? and can anyone recommend an awesome top coat? Im using the sally hanson strengthening top and base coat at the moment. I ride horses a lot so my nails end up in bits its maddening when I've spent ages doing them!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

love the thread girls!! my favorite summer polish is rimmel's coralicious 60 seconds, it's a fab colour and lasts really well!! plus it drys super fast and i'm a disaster when it comes to waiting for polish to dry i always end up smudging it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

barrym-berry-ice-cream-barry-m-web.jpg
    Barry M- Berry Ice Cream.
    Not my hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

barrym-berry-ice-cream-barry-m-web.jpg
    Barry M- Berry Ice Cream.
    Not my hand!

My favourite nail varnish at the moment!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Novella wrote: »
    Just took this with my webcam so excuse the picture crapness!

Photo241.jpg

Rimmel - Misty Jade.

Snap, that's what I have on now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hedwig

Bought a few Catrice nail varnishes in Dunnes today and very pleased with them :) they are so cheap as well, got 3 for €8.40! Gorgeous colours as well, I got:
    'I Sea You' (lovely turquoisy green colour, wearing it atm!)
    'I Scream Peach' (peachy/coral colour)
    'Lost in Mud' (light brown, nude colour)

Wish they had a few more darker colours, but overall I am very pleased with them :D

Chanel - Rose Paradise is what I'm wearing today.

Like Papparazzi I am only wearing one coat as two coats take too long to dry as it's thick and it is glittery so two coats would be pretty shimmery/glittery.

Without flash

P6090003.jpg

With flash

P6090007.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Here are a few of my favourites....

ao6st5.jpg
    Glo baby glo - "pinky and flirty"

2nc13ra.jpg
    ELF nail varnish - "teal blue" Probably my favourite out of the lot. It always gets compliments when I wear it! :)

kbqav4.jpg
    Nail polish by H&M - "blue my mind"

25ph64k.jpg
    ME ME ME - "rio"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got a manicure today for $8! It's Essie Spaghetti Strap.

Pretty much every "drug store" here has Essie and OPI for about $8.50, which is just under €6.

Photo88.jpg

EDIT: Pic isn't great, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Base coat: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails with Nylon
    Colour: Nails Inc - Knightsbridge (one coat)
    Top coat: Nails Inc Chelsea Bridge UV Topcoat

With flash

5815822766_61e53f75d2.jpg

Without flash

5815822476_473e3da4d7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Are elf nail polishes any good?

Hope this isn't going off topic mods, but i used to bite my nails when I was younger and now they are really stumpy looking and tear really easily. I would love to have nails like some of ye have in the photos (I know some are models) but they all look so pretty. Any advice??

Sugarbomb wrote: »

Hope this isn't going off topic mods, but i used to bite my nails when I was younger and now they are really stumpy looking and tear really easily. I would love to have nails like some of ye have in the photos (I know some are models) but they all look so pretty. Any advice??
    I had similar nails, I posted some information here which may be of help.

I definitely recommend trying the Diamond Strength Radiance Hand & Cuticle Polish and then trying either of these two.

http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-care/nailgrowth-miracle%E2%84%A2-salon-strengthening-treatment

http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-care/maximum-growth - I prefer this one as the other one smells horrible (imo). I use this daily and my nails are longer and strong and don't break as easily.

Another tip is, when you have some length in your nails, file them, once a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Avon - Romance

260021_10150215275212259_833992258_7062425_1540425_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Snap, that's what I have on now too!

How many coats do you have on?! I found it really light so I did 3! I never usually put on 3 coats though!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Essence nail polish, €1.29 in Pennys, Dunnes and lots of chemists
    This colour is Everybody's Talking About!!
    Discon from the range over the last few weeks :mad: :mad: Some chemists still have this, got a few bottles in a local one for 90cent each ;);)

Any advice??

I think they are good. Any nail varnish I wear chips during my work day as I'm constantly opening the backs of phones. I get about 3-4 four days out of it on avarage! The colours are so much different to the nail varnishes you can get in pennys and the chemists! :)

Are elf nail polishes any good??

I love elf nailpolish I have a few bottles my favorite by far would be Champagne it's very different from anything I have. I can get a couple of days out of them without chipping which is brilliant for 1.70 nailpolish.

Dark Navy
    255061_10150206680817259_833992258_6977642_2177370_n.jpg

Champagne
    253446_10150206695437259_833992258_6977741_5221381_n.jpg

I'm swatching Party Purple at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Novella wrote: »
    How many coats do you have on?! I found it really light so I did 3! I never usually put on 3 coats though!

One coat wouldn't do me at all! Today I have two and it's fine, but like you sometimes I have had to go with 3! never found that with any of their other polishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Here are a few of my favourites....

kbqav4.jpg
    Nail polish by H&M - "blue my mind"

What are the H&M nail polishes like? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

IMG_0755-1.jpg

IMG_0754-1.jpg

My nails today, opi shatter on some random white nail polish! im loving this tread atm i have way to many nail polishes and am constantly painting my nails, so cant wait to see some cool colours that i dont have!

What are the H&M nail polishes like? :)

They are ok, not great, maybe a day or two. I don't tend to use topcoats on my nails....if I did alot of my nail varnishes would last much longer!

H&M used to have much nicer colours about a year or two ago. My all time fave from H&M was this beautiful colour called "fashionista" it was this lovely purple colour....can't get it now! I hate when they discontinue your favorite colours! :mad: It was a varnish that would be commented on alot too! TYPICAL! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

thread is for anything nails related so dont worry about asking a question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Essence nail polish, €1.29 in Pennys, Dunnes and lots of chemists
    This colour is Everybody's Talking About!!
    Discon from the range over the last few weeks :mad: :mad: Some chemists still have this, got a few bottles in a local one for 90cent each ;);)
    :mad: that is such a nice colour too!!! grr hate when they decide to stop really nice polish :( noticed they have stopped getting decent stargazer in new look. its just the same three colours on 4 shelves!!! why would you want that much of the same ones. they would make far more buying different colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

5-1.jpg

....loving this colour at the moment diamond diva from leighton denny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

pixysarah wrote: »

My nails today, opi shatter on some random white nail polish! im loving this tread atm i have way to many nail polishes and am constantly painting my nails, so cant wait to see some cool colours that i dont have!

I bought OPI shatter today for the first time but have no idea how to apply it. Any tips? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

& some other recent ones:

OPI teenage dream with shatter

2-1.jpg

Barry M Red Glitter with white nail art pen

3-1.jpg

Nails Inc Fashion Fawn with white nail art stamp thingie

4-1.jpg

Essence Choose me! with OPI clear top coat (used the french manicure sticker guides)
    1-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

Nightwish wrote: »
    I bought OPI shatter today for the first time but have no idea how to apply it. Any tips? Thanks :)

its super easy, just apply it like normal nail polish(just one thin coat) after a few seconds it will start to shatter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

pixysarah wrote: »
    its super easy, just apply it like normal nail polish(just one thin coat) after a few seconds it will start to shatter.

I bought the black/silver shatter look polish and it just came out plain black. I initially thought I applied it wrong but now I think I have to put on silver polish underneath? Is that correct or am I wrong again? Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement

Okay last nailpolish post today!!

Elf Party Purple

hgfdx+002.JPG

Advertisement