Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

quick question about bunion surgery

• 23-01-2010 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

I hope this is the right place for this one. Can anyone tell me anything about bunion surgery.

ballpark on price
    recovery time
    experiences of this if you've had it done
    <...Mod Snip...>

I have a bunion and its started to give me pain recently and looks terrible! (and have a smaller one on the other foot too).I'd love to just get them chopped off, but not at the risk of wrecking my feet or affecting my mobility in any way.

<mod snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Ihaveanopinion

Price - free if you go publically, through your GP
    Recovery - varies depending on what needs to be done, minimum 6 weeks

The one thing that worries me about your post is your description of your complaint. Bunion surgery is not done for cosmetic reasons or to fit into sexy shoes.

Best advice, talk to your doctor or ask him/her to send you to someone to give you proper advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Miacc

Price - free if you go publically, through your GP
    Recovery - varies depending on what needs to be done, minimum 6 weeks

The one thing that worries me about your post is your description of your complaint. Bunion surgery is not done for cosmetic reasons or to fit into sexy shoes.

Best advice, talk to your doctor or ask him/her to send you to someone to give you proper advice

Thanks for your reply Ihaveanopinion. That's helpful. I do need to talk to a professional about it, but any info i can get before that will help.

It's not for cosmetic reasons, although that would be a nice byproduct - my main concerns with going down this route are that I've heard this type of surgery is very delicate and i dont want to end up worse off after it. Thanks for the info.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 saoirsebui

Miacc wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Ihaveanopinion. That's helpful. I do need to talk to a professional about it, but any info i can get before that will help.

It's not for cosmetic reasons, although that would be a nice byproduct - my main concerns with going down this route are that I've heard this type of surgery is very delicate and i dont want to end up worse off after it. Thanks for the info.:)

Just bumping the thread for some info!
    I'm 32, have had bunions (severe) since I was about fifteen.
    I couldn't care less how they look they're just so damn sore.
    If I walk more than ten/fifteen minutes I feel like my feet are going to explode.

Did you get the surgery?

If you can give any info it would be very much appreciated!

Advertisement