Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking a girl away --too forward???

• 18-02-2008 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Ok So I've recently started seeing a girl who I am crazy about! And I'm getting vibes from her suggesting that she feels the same. She recently got back from London. And she said to me in a bebo comment that she would like to go back to spend a week there in the summer. Now I'm thinking of chancing my arm and asking her would she like me to take her? Now I've only been with this girl on 3-4 dates because of a distance problem but I'm seeing her in 2 weeks and then she's visiting me soon afterwards twice. Now there is one catch. She's 18 and I'm 19. Would me asking her to go away have "I want to sleep you" written all over it. Her parents are pretty cool so it actually might not be a problem with them I just don't wanna freak her out. Tbh this is the only chance I'll get to do this with her and don't wanna **** it up! How do I go about doing this? She just left me a comment on bebo saying she'd like to go back in summer? How do I capitalise on this? Any ideas? Never done this sort of thing before!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dude she's 19, of course you want to sleep together!

Better in London than on her parents sofa!

Ask her, she'd love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask her to go and say you can get a mixed dorm in a hostel?
    This can later be changed to a B&B, if need be ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It's not too forward to want to have some time away with your girlfriend, if you're unsure how she'd react, next time she mentions london or something you could say that you'd like to see london and that it could be cool if ye went together. To gauge her reaction.
    Or if you think she'd be up for it - just be blunt about it and suggest it to her. She won't take offence to you wanting to spend time with her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

any ladies have any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

3-4 dates?

Way, way too soon. You could very likely scare her off. She is only 18.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Star-pants is a lady :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Sangre wrote: »
    3-4 dates?

Agree with u there Sangre.
    After 3-4 dates you dont even know the person so how do you know you will still be going out with her in 6 months.
    No need to be so eager, if you are still going out with her in 2 months time then
    she will jump at the chance to go away with you. Why make plans now that
    have a 50:50 chance of happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Tragedy wrote: »
    Star-pants is a lady :)
    ;) thanks hun

It might sound a bit soon to some people - but it's all relevant to how the OP and his gf feel about each other. After a few weeks with a bf, we decided to go away on holiday, his idea but it felt right. Granted we couldn't organise it for a bit, we were together bout 7 weeks when we did go away but it was talked about from almost a month together. Some people were a little surprised but it felt right to us and that was all that mattered.
    I know you guys are a lot younger, but it doesn't mean you can't feel the same. Broach it gently / in passing - see if she picks up on it. It's not something that would happen right away, you mentioned the summer? You could wait a few more dates etc and then bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

NADA wrote: »
    Ok So I've recently started seeing a girl who I am crazy about! And I'm getting vibes from her suggesting that she feels the same. She recently got back from London. And she said to me in a bebo comment that she would like to go back to spend a week there in the summer. Now I'm thinking of chancing my arm and asking her would she like me to take her? Now I've only been with this girl on 3-4 dates because of a distance problem but I'm seeing her in 2 weeks and then she's visiting me soon afterwards twice. Now there is one catch. She's 18 and I'm 19. Would me asking her to go away have "I want to sleep you" written all over it. Her parents are pretty cool so it actually might not be a problem with them I just don't wanna freak her out. Tbh this is the only chance I'll get to do this with her and don't wanna **** it up! How do I go about doing this? She just left me a comment on bebo saying she'd like to go back in summer? How do I capitalise on this? Any ideas? Never done this sort of thing before!

You have only seen this girl 3 - 4 dates and your thinking about the summer and going away with her?

OTT and very desperate in my opinion. Slow down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sharkie2008

star-pants wrote: »
    ;) thanks hun

It might sound a bit soon to some people - but it's all relevant to how the OP and his gf feel about each other. After a few weeks with a bf, we decided to go away on holiday, his idea but it felt right. Granted we couldn't organise it for a bit, we were together bout 7 weeks when we did go away but it was talked about from almost a month together. Some people were a little surprised but it felt right to us and that was all that mattered.
    I know you guys are a lot younger, but it doesn't mean you can't feel the same. Broach it gently / in passing - see if she picks up on it. It's not something that would happen right away, you mentioned the summer? You could wait a few more dates etc and then bring it up.

I agree with star pants. me and my boyfriend first went away when we had only been seeing each other a few weeks, it felt right for us and it didn't matter how long we'd been dating. however if you're looking to go in the summer it might be a bit soon to book anything. see what she thinks and if she wants to go book it a few months time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Mention it casually, its a long way away and you'll have seen each a lot more than 3-4 times by then. She'll either think its sweet/lovely and get really excited, or say its a bit too soon but talk about it closer to the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

Dude...take ur time! ya could ruin a perfectly good relationship by rushing it. the gettting to know each other stage is the exciting part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 meremortal

Agree with everyone else here- I think wait til closer to the summer and then ask her. It sounds like its going really well, so far but just take your time for a wee while. Anyways - we all know the whole "book a holiday and then break up scenario" happens all the time, people are all happy, book a holiday and then a few weeks before they go cracks start appearing!! Think its partially the pressure of having to have a good time/ what does this all mean etc; also people book them too far in advance.

If things are still going well in a couple of months time - say it to her casually "ryanair have a sale on for flights next week, I remember you saying you fancied going to London - what do ya think?!"

Keep an eye on www.skyscanner.net - amazing site for weekend break flights! Can choose a date you want to go and it will tell you the cheapest places to fly to, or choose location and it will tell you the cheapest dates to fly on a bar chart!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,482 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just take the long steady approach, have R2 transfer more power to the rear deflector. Its also important that you don't trust the Targetting Computer: trust the force. You will know when its time to fire into the 3 meter exhaust port with your photon torpedo.

[/metaphor]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Sangre wrote: »
    3-4 dates?

+1

As well as that the summer is a long time away yet, you may end up changing your mind about her by then (the cynic in me). Are you asking her as a way to get a committment from her - if so, whats the rush? It will happen in due course if things are right between you. If not, then just as well you didnt book a trip with her.

Wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

Way too soon , I would have to agree with Sarah.What the rush by the sounds of things she is not going any where

Just enjoy each others company and see what develops from there:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

NADA wrote: »
    Now I've only been with this girl on 3-4 dates

Way, waaaaay to soon to be asking her to go away with you.
    Where's the fire? Relax, take it easy and some months down the line you can re-think it.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Actually, I'd make some cheeky reply ('Bring me!') and then leave it for a while. In a few months you could think about flights, but don't book anything yet.

Advertisement