Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards meet up for first years (and other years)??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Usually best to meet on campus as it's central to everyone's needs. That's what we found best for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

college bar then?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Neodymium

The health science courses orientation day is on the 21 sept. so the meetup could conflict with some boardies class party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I think you might find that whatever night you choose in September it won't suit some.

Yup, September is a bit of a minefield as people are settling in.

Also, I'd recommend coffee/tay/water meetups. Drink ones don't tend to go down that well for some reason. Then again, things might work different for ye lot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Id say either decide on a date pre 24th and so be it or just pick sonething around the beginning of October. No harm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Neodymium wrote: »
    The health science courses orientation day is on the 21 sept. so the meetup could conflict with some boardies class party.

Well it wouldn't conflict with a class party because they're on at night. A meetup like this would have to happen during the day, it's easier and less awkward I think!

look guys dont panic

we can have it after orientation but BEFORE the class party...class party isnt untill 7.30 or something, so any time before that. I realise it wont suite everyone, but someone has to miss out, its hard to fit everyone in as there is alot of people

so here is my proposal so far
    21st in the college bar (new college bar has been chosen opposed to old bar) at lets say 5.30?
    should suite most people
    if anyone can suggest another location or tell me if the college bar is even open at that time, i will gladly look into it

There are 2 college bars :pac:

_meehan_ wrote: »
    There are 2 college bars :pac:

well which is the better option? :)

• Advertisement

Yup two bars. New or Old. New Bar's in the Student Center and Old Bar is above the shop, near the Boole and Main Restaurant.

shane9689 wrote: »
    well which is the better option? :)

They're both good tbh, although the New Bar would probably be easier for new students since it's in the student centre!

_meehan_ wrote: »
    They're both good tbh, although the New Bar would probably be easier for new students since it's in the student centre!

right new bar it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Was just thinking about this today! All that sounds great! :D

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Disgusted I can't make it - I'm based in the UK atm :(

I'll be home the 20/21 Oct weekend, graduating on the 22nd - to be fair, when I organised them they went decently! :D Pity I won't get to meet ye all, but could be home for the midterm the following week in October, so if an evening one is organised for then I'd be up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

to be fair, when I organised them they went decently! :D

But then you became a mod so we couldn't allow to come to them anymore ;)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

But then you became a mod so we couldn't allow to come to them anymore ;)

KnifeWench came when he was a mod!!!

KnifeWench came when he was a mod!!!

Bring a mod is like bringing your boss to a party..... always kills the fun :p

just kidding :pac::pac:

im sure we'll manage to organise another meet-up another time that will suite you better. :)
    Hey, maybe if this post is pinned we could let you pick the next meet up day and time ;)
    (this is not a bribe but merely a friendly gesture)

MartonD2 wrote: »
    Sounds Gay to me!!

then dont go. simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MartonD2

Friends!!! :) Boards Friends!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'll do my best to make it, sounds fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

look guys dont panic

we can have it after orientation but BEFORE the class party...class party isnt untill 7.30 or something, so any time before that. I realise it wont suite everyone, but someone has to miss out, its hard to fit everyone in as there is alot of people

Actually, you have a full day of scheduled plans from 9am, and the class party the the final event. :/

Engineer and architecture students didn't get a class party today. Apparently our (aforementioned students) parties are bad or something. They don't trust us. :( Hah, but you'll all get yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kimkim

just putting it out there but would the 22nd or 23rd suit ppl better?? like there would be no orientations those days and ppl would be around as they would be arriving early before monday. I'm up for it either way :)

kimkim wrote: »
    just putting it out there but would the 22nd or 23rd suit ppl better?? like there would be no orientations those days and ppl would be around as they would be arriving early before monday. I'm up for it either way :)

maybe your right...ill look into the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Delete

no i think ill keep it on the 21st because the 22nd is freshers fast and the 23rd is a sunday so im not sure if the college bar is open that day? if it is let me know and we will have it then on 23

UPDATE. were sticking to the 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 12 silviali

i am in,too~

if anyone knows the opening times for the college bar next week, please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭conor93a

I'm in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

if anyone knows the opening times for the college bar next week, please let me know.

You can just ask when you go for your registration. Your peer supporter most likely knows. But there's always posting on their fb pages for those answers. :D

And I'm in. The few boardies I've already met have been lovely. ;)

Advertisement