Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I thought the lefty "cross hands" style was more well known.

Seth Killian is a fairly famous example of it.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/does-being-left-handed-disadvantage-u-when-playing-with-honda.142060/

There's an SRK topic about it, with a picture of lefty "cross hand" at play.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I thought the lefty "cross hands" style was more well known.

Seth Killian is a fairly famous example of it.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/does-being-left-handed-disadvantage-u-when-playing-with-honda.142060/

There's an SRK topic about it, with a picture of lefty "cross hand" at play.
    Read the 11th post I'm with him- or closer to home, I'm left handed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Isn't Seth Killian right handed?

I'm left handed and I'd never dream of even trying to go cross handed.

Read the 11th post I'm with him- or closer to home, I'm left handed :)

That post makes an interesting point that right handed people may find it more natural to operate the joystick with their dominant hand.

I'm wondering if I could dash->U2 better cross handed....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's a child hood memory but I am pretty confident a right handed person is much stronger with the buttons reversed than a lefty.

Also all safety scissors are made for ye lot. Made me feel awful bad as a small child to see my paper crumple up all the time, nearly gave me a complex.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Isn't Seth Killian right handed?

You might be correct actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

WWE ALLSTARS brawlstick xbox360 brand new in box 35??? will try and hand deliver to you too!!

I could be very tempted by this... It'd save me a ton of money for cannes and i could put Chun Li art on it... Would you be able to drop it into trinity sometime??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I could be very tempted by this... It'd save me a ton of money for cannes and i could put Chun Li art on it... Would you be able to drop it into trinity sometime??

I lve the far side of county Kildare! Wouldn't be worth my while going to town for 35 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

There's a difference between cross handed and reversed.

Cross handed is "unnatural" and adds both a bit of a strain & your wrists get in the way of each other a bit.

A reversed stick is (obviously) a mirror image.

Though for a cross handed player, who is probably /accustomed to/enjoys the cross hand feel it may bring new problems.

The other issue is that since the dpad (before actually I suppose, with arcades..) movement control has always been a left hand job. Only with the rise of twin stick fps with lefty controls or older lefty mouse configs has it swapped over.

Also this thing.

vtech_v-smile.jpg

Here's your next project kiki. http://www.phreakmods.com/dual-modded-v-tech-vsmile

I lve the far side of county Kildare! Wouldn't be worth my while going to town for 35 ...

Ok, where would be the handiest place for me to go meet you? I can get the train/buses out of town without too much difficulty. It can't be this weekend unfortunatly because i'm away at Cannes but there's probably some day next week i can make it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

How did this get out of SRK Tech Talk?

Ok, where would be the handiest place for me to go meet you? I can get the train/buses out of town without too much difficulty. It can't be this weekend unfortunatly because i'm away at Cannes but there's probably some day next week i can make it?
    if you get a train to kildare town is closest to me or i can drive to red cow tomorrow if you cover diesel say 45 all in?
    that would save you money long run on train fares too

if you get a train to kildare town is closest to me or i can drive to red cow tomorrow if you cover diesel say 45 all in?
    that would save you money long run on train fares too

Hey, sorry about that man!! I'm in Cannes with limited internet access, plus i thought i'd posted a reply to this on friday. I can probably get the train, i have week after this off college so loads of time to get out, can meet you whenever suits you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

mortal-kombat-fighting-stick-up-for-pre-order-20110321075224024-000.jpgMortal kombat Pdp Stick for sale(Xbox 360) , Pretty much brand new only out of the box once so no scuffs or marks on it.Comes with original box. Will consider reasonable offers or will also trade for some sort of Street Fighter Stick , This sells for the same price as a TE stick so would ideally like to trade for a TE.
    I live in cork but will be traveling up too Dublin for either next Inferno or the SfXT launch event and could bring it then if theres interest.

Not to be too mean, BUT:
    the PDP stick isn't *worth* as much as a TE stick in terms of parts (it uses sub-par Happ/Happ-knockoffs).

Also, that layout is unsuitable for any game but MK =/

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not to be too mean, BUT:
    the PDP stick isn't *worth* as much as a TE stick in terms of parts (it uses sub-par Happ/Happ-knockoffs).

If people are willing to pay as much for it as a TE then it's worth as much as a TE.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    If people are willing to pay as much for it as a TE then it's worth as much as a TE.

I agree, supply/demand and all that.

From a novelty perspective, it's cool that it's a bat top, slanted surface stick with decent storage space inside it. If I had TEs to spare, I might be interested to swap for a unique stick like this.

Kiki's speaking practically though, so if the parts are lower quality that's worth knowing (also it looks giant!).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Yeah this thing is a beast its massive its not really a stick you'd even travel to tournaments with ,but its a good thing as well it looks sweet and it has a handy storage place underneath. And ya the stick was made to mimic the old Mk arcade cabinets which used happ parts the same way the TE mimics the old Sf cabinets . I suppose the stick is best suited for a diehard Mk fan i originally bought it with intent to learn how to use it but it was so strange the layout and feel of the buttons i never bothered putting in the time and its been sitting in its box since mk9 release and i figure it might be use to some1 in the community couldnt be bothered trying to sell it on ebay the shipping would probably be alot but maybe i will if theres no interest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

mortal-kombat-fighting-stick-up-for-pre-order-20110321075224024-000.jpgMortal kombat Pdp Stick for sale(Xbox 360) , Pretty much brand new only out of the box once so no scuffs or marks on it.Comes with original box. Will consider reasonable offers or will also trade for some sort of Street Fighter Stick , This sells for the same price as a TE stick so would ideally like to trade for a TE.
    I live in cork but will be traveling up too Dublin for either next Inferno or the SfXT launch event and could bring it then if theres interest.

**** why do i have to own a ps3!!!:mad::mad::mad:

but yea the parts are pretty low quality ,comparable to the madcatz SE
    there a company "IL" that do sanwa like quality parts for it, there the company who made the parts for the cabs

and dont agree what kiki said how you can only use it for mk, yea its a odd layout but theres 6 buttons which is all u need for the likes of sf and such

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

**** why do i have to own a ps3!!!:mad::mad::mad:

but yea the parts are pretty low quality ,comparable to the madcatz SE
    there a company "IL" that do sanwa like quality parts for it, there the company who made the parts for the cabs

and dont agree what kiki said how you can only use it for mk, yea its a odd layout but theres 6 buttons which is all u need for the likes of sf and such

Fair play to anyone who could use that for street fighter.

bush wrote: »
    Fair play to anyone who could use that for street fighter.

indeed but its possible, i know a tym user that has a mk layout on his madcatz stick for SF/marvel (can just hear the screams of blasphemy :rolleyes:)

if that layout is what you started with like alot american mk arcade users wouldnt seem so odd id say

indeed but its possible, i know a tym user that has a mk layout on his madcatz stick for SF/marvel (can just hear the screams of blasphemy :rolleyes:)

This sounds fine, I just don't think this would work terribly well the OTHER way around (using the pdp stick for SF) since the button placement and spacing looks really uncomfortable for stuff like throws/teching, focus cancelling and plinking. Also since it's only a 6 button stick, and one of the buttons appears to be a shunned outcast, it looks difficult to perform all your normal attacks, nevermind things that require multiple button presses/shortcuts.

For comparison the standard SF TE layout is usually
    (lp) (mp) (hp) (3xP or not used)
    (lk) (mk) (hk) (3xk or not used)

When I was trying to pick up MK9 on a TE I think used these buttons:

(N/A) (Back Punch)(Forward Punch) (N/A)
    (Block) (Back Kick) (Forward Kick) (N/A)

If felt fine. I tried to get into the habit of only blocking with my thumb, which was tricky. I also think I could get X-Ray by pressing the bottom three buttons.

My main problem using this really was just that the MK9 button set-up -> presets system is so brutal; if the buttons appeared to still be wrong after two attempts, I'd just say "eff it and do it live" with a random button config.

This is actually a reasonably well discussed topic on SRK Mortal Kombat forums, and some people who play both came up with Hybrid button configs that look pretty cool.

streetkombat10.jpg

This sounds fine, I just don't think this would work terribly well the OTHER way around (using the pdp stick for SF) since the button placement and spacing looks really uncomfortable for stuff like throws/teching, focus cancelling and plinking.

the mk layout for madcatz and the pdp mk layout are the same,

i dont use it but all was saying was i know an american whos played mk layout since day 1 of his FG gaming so it not uncomfortable for him to use it for other games,his words not mine,im played mk layout before but i much prefer the standard madcatz layout

and the random button configs happen on xbox online tag only when using two players on the same team because of the way the user sign in works on the xbox,it returns to default

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

If I mained Ken I'd use that mk stick;

Button #1 Lp Shoryuken
    Button #2 Mp Shoryuken
    Button #3 Hp Shoryuken
    Button #4 Ex Shoryuken
    Button #5 Ultra
    Button #6 Taunt

Another hybrid config:
    mesh36_m_Hybrid.png

another tym user as this setup on his custom stick....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcHed45LK2Auxzo1sdl6QKKondydc0Zoq-jhsWUniS_Qxi28V94xQfAumJow

hi looking for a TE stick, i have 2 sticks a tatsunoku vs capcom wii stick brand new and a wwe allstars brawlstick brand new both are apparently same quality as the SE sticks....

will add some cash and a swap for a TE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm looking for a 4-way gate (I think) for a FS3, but I know somewhere between very littl, and absolutely nothing about such things. Is there any particular type, or website you'd recommend?

• Advertisement

Do you mean a square gate? I'm pretty certain that's what the FS3 has by default anyway (as do almost all sticks).

A 4-way gate is what it sounds like, you can only hit 4 directions on it, no diagonals (for Pacman etc.).

Advertisement