Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Post 1989 Edition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Arthur's Quey Shopping Centre grand opening including a luxury restaurant. Lol, was that Sail's upstairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I love how its advertising the Granary on the second last page! That was an age ago!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I can't believe that its that long since the treaty stone was moved. I thought it was only moved in the late 90s. I remember the uproar around town when it happened.

Another interesting article was was the one that said 1800 jobs created in the mid west in in the first three quarters of 1989 which was in line with the numbers from the previous year. Limerick could do with even half that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mcarrol2

Great memories, looking at it now it looks like most businesses that took out an ad in The Post were cursed, not many of them going today... Those house prices look a bit wierd as well :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Following the other thread.

Feast your eyes on this

http://www.limerickpost.ie/digital/1989/1989-10-28/index.html

99p for a can of Carling in Fine Wines. Heck it's only 75c these days in Fine Wines. :eek:
    I was quite suprised by the price of the off licence's back then aswel, I mean they are certainly not cheap now compared to most countries but who know's what kind of situation we would be in without the likes of Tesco etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

An April 1996 edition is online now:

http://www.limerickpost.ie/digital/2011/1996-04-13/index.html

I vaguely remember using it to conver the tables in primary school art class...

At least the Out and About section had been introduced at this stage, it's on page 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

How times have changed, the 1996 edition advertising Xtra Vision on the Ennis Road opening 24 hours and now they are closing branches on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,531 ✭✭✭✭phog

bazz26 wrote: »
    How times have changed, the 1996 edition advertising Xtra Vision on the Ennis Road opening 24 hours and now they are closing branches on a daily basis.

I remember a time when you had to pay to become a member of a video store, if you weren't a member then you wouldnt get the new releases for about a week later.

Advertisement