Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Limerick Interfirm Soccer 2011

• 01-07-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭

Is anyone here invovled in the Interfirm this year?
    How are ye finding it?
    And is there any place we can find a league table?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've been posting a bit on the Inter-Firm thread on Foot.ie.

The competition doesn't seem very well-organised this year. Some fixtures haven't been in the paper, no league tables anywhere, teams not showing up for games.

The few games I have played were good though. :) The pitches are in great condition at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

We only had 1 game where a team did not turn up, that was against Analogue and it was due to a bereavement. I think it has been quite competitive and really enjoyable.
    We need more teams though and somewhere to access a league table. I think we are top of Div 1 but I am not sure.

I've been posting a bit on the Inter-Firm thread on Foot.ie.

The competition doesn't seem very well-organised this year. Some fixtures haven't been in the paper, no league tables anywhere, teams not showing up for games.

The few games I have played were good though. :) The pitches are in great condition at this time of the year.

Got trounced 5_1 by Analogue tonight. Very solid team. Surprised they lost to An Post.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

killwill wrote: »
    Got trounced 5_1 by Analogue tonight. Very solid team. Surprised they lost to An Post.

Teachers beaten 5-0 by Stryker.

Playing with 10 men (the trouble of the school year being over!), and then had one of our best players sent off for no reason at all.

Managed to get to half-time at 1-0, but playing 9 against 11, up the hill and the wind in our faces in the second half was a disaster.

If I ever see that referee at a game again I'll turn around and go home. Even the Stryker players were laughing at him when he got his cards out in the first half, and his errors continued for the rest of the game. Disaster.

killwill wrote: »

Teachers beaten 5-0 by Stryker.

Playing with 10 men (the trouble of the school year being over!), and then had one of our best players sent off for no reason at all.

Managed to get to half-time at 1-0, but playing 9 against 11, up the hill and the wind in our faces in the second half was a disaster.

If I ever see that referee at a game again I'll turn around and go home. Even the Stryker players were laughing at him when he got his cards out in the first half, and his errors continued for the rest of the game. Disaster.

The ref was very poor tonight for our game also. Never saw the likes of it.
    Rumour has it the winners of Div.1 will be playing the winners of Div.2 for the league. Did you here this?
    Our division is very tight now, going down to the last game. We will be playing Croom Precision.

• Advertisement

Just a quick update for anyone interested. Vistakon beat Croom Precision and 12th Battalion drew with An Post. This means An Post and Vistakon must play for the league as they finished level on points. Vistakon have already beaten An Post 3-1 this season so this should be a great game.

Vistakon played An Post in a play off tonight for the league as we finished level on points. The venue was Kennedy Park and was in great condition. Vistakon got an early lead but An Post levelled just before half time. Vistakon again took the lead early in the second half but got a player sent off for a second bookable offence. An Post again drew level but Vistakon took the lead with 10mins to go. Finished 3-2 Vistakon.

Advertisement