Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

X-Works Jeans

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

AlienGav wrote:
    ...Was that saying a southside thing or what?... LEGEND! :D

It even made its way to Limerick.... the NAFF knows no boundaries my friends

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

anyone rember eclipspe jeans!!? like xworks but without the handle on the side. Also i can rember around the time, fruit of the loom sweatshirts were very in..

Further to that, anyone for a solid pair of Petro-Motion? Barcodes even?
    Sweet Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

oh my god, PETRO MOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i remember all this so clearly, xworks, eclipes, petro...classic 90s fashion, oh the memories.

It was 1993 and smiley faces were on everything and tie-dye had made a comeback. The youth stomped around in baggy xworks jeans and doc martin boots with a flannel shirt tied around their waist. With a vacant look in their eyes as they listened to a mix tape of seattle bands on their Walkman while sucking on a push pop.

much love goes out to those days from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Massive bump for pictures that i cant find :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sarge wrote: »
    Massive bump for pictures that i cant find :-(

Yeah I find it very difficult to think that nobody has an old picture of these. I never actually wore them (either I didn't like them or my mammy didn't :D) so I can't be of assistance but surely someone can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

found this on ebay think its a girls naff jacket by the style of the writing or maybe it was the cheap version of them not sure. didnt the boys one or epensive one have a more square style to the writing? cant remember but anyway its the only pic i've found. scroll down on the page. http://http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-JACKETS-BLK-NAFF-SIZE-30-LILAC-LEATHER-LOOK-14-BLK-12_W0QQitemZ220518127139QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGirl_s_Clothing?hash=item3357e79623

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

x works and eclipse ruled. Although I thought I was the coolest person ever when I got my pair of pedro/petro motion jeans.
    Used to love going to Dublin and going to hairy legs, think thats what it was called anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Gravity jeans ftw. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

Ah the Naff Naff jackets
    Most people i knew had ones that had 'NAFFCO54' written across the back
    We used to say 'Nanny annie fcukin fanny condoms only 54p' God we were so cool and origina l:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

ha completely forgot about all those jeans the LA Raiders/Miami Dolphin Jackets were all the go back then 2!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

seanybiker wrote: »
    x works and eclipse ruled. Although I thought I was the coolest person ever when I got my pair of pedro/petro motion jeans.
    Used to love going to Dublin and going to hairy legs, think thats what it was called anyways.

god, thats exactly where i used to go! feckin loved it in there.

i was an x-works wearer myself, and use to borrow my sisters eclipse jeans.

all the lads round where i lived use to go around with their jerseys tucked in on one side of their jeans, just above the eclipse pocket, so everyone could see they had them. oh swoooooon we did! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

n748980329_2350560_3869.jpg

this is the best i can find, the eclipse t-shirt on the right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

x works and a ben sherman shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

that thing on the back of the x worx was a hammer holder

some of them also had a little leather thing down the back of the leg and that was a knife holder

or so i was brought up to believe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Josh_Calvert

I'd kill to get some new petro motion with the barcode pockets and some x-worx with that awesome strap...and an eclipse hoodie with a **** off ? logo :-) So many awesome brands and no-one sees fit to bring it back....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I thought they were awful and never got any.
    I feel smug now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

They were a craze in the early 90s - I was too cool for those (more like too old!)!

I remember my younger cousins wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 insomniac32

I'd kill to get some new petro motion with the barcode pockets and some x-worx with that awesome strap...and an eclipse hoodie with a **** off ? logo :-) So many awesome brands and no-one sees fit to bring it back....

You know they're all sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be re-released!They're going to make a comeback in the next 2-3 years. If you have originals that fit your going to be cool.....once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I wasn't allowed get a pair of x-works :( Had to settle for Joe Bloggs ones. Did have an Eclipse top though alright. Also remember the Georgio(sp?) tops, a different colour on each side. Ah such fashion! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

yiz are all a bunch of ravers. i was a rocker so it was wrangler jeans, check shirt, nirvana t shirt and docs all the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

oh my the memories- i had them all, petro motion(black jeans with the arse pocket looking like a barcode)
    xworx,xtreme,gravity,joe bloggs but the best was eclipse imo with the later line of eclipse tribal iirc.

i thought i was the sh&t,i even made my confirmation in an eclipse (wait for it........) waistcoat! too ashamed to post pics up....

whats worse, last month i was bitching about those emo crew saying 'we never bought into any of that gimmicky crap,we just wore whatever our parents bought us'. i had completely forgotton the constant nagging and whining to the folks about having to have the latest pair of oversized jeans saying 'but maaaa we'll grow into them'

then, almost overnight we had the death of ravers jeans and the birth of the RIP-OFF tracksuits:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Possibly one of the vilest clothing types ever created.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

stovelid wrote: »
    Possibly one of the vilest clothing types ever created.

No, that's the onesies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stevo f

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Didnt she sing "oh ah, just a little bit" for the UK in the Eurovision?!?!
    The thought of someone singing that wearing X-work jeans is scary.... very scary indeed!!
    More likely 2-Unlimited or Scooter!... or maybe the Outhere Brothers.... "I say boom boom boom... let me hear ya say wwwayooh! wwaayyoohh!"
    Or better yet... Kriss Kross!

That is ****in comical, i can't stop laughin here. Might as well throw in a bit of ultra sonic while we're at it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seanpezer

stevo f wrote: »
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    Didnt she sing "oh ah, just a little bit" for the UK in the Eurovision?!?!
    The thought of someone singing that wearing X-work jeans is scary.... very scary indeed!!
    More likely 2-Unlimited or Scooter!... or maybe the Outhere Brothers.... "I say boom boom boom... let me hear ya say wwwayooh! wwaayyoohh!"
    Or better yet... Kriss Kross!

That is ****in comical, i can't stop laughin here. Might as well throw in a bit of ultra sonic while we're at it
    Petro motion were called mega baggies

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

ok, I have found video evidence of this "wonderful" clothing from I think 1993 on a hi8 tape.
    I need make a screenshot and close up, yerman is wearing a red top with black stripes and black trousers with horrific big pockets or whatever its supposed to be. It almost looks like a one piece/jumpsuit,but clearly its xworx or petro motion ilk. Im no fashion expert but this is scary and should be locked up forever. Will try to dig out a screengrab next week. Also I have 1 bw still of similar clothing from 1992. Will try to upload both for "research" purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

ha completely forgot about all those jeans the LA Raiders/Miami Dolphin Jackets were all the go back then 2!
    yiz are all a bunch of ravers. i was a rocker so it was wrangler jeans, check shirt, nirvana t shirt and docs all the way!

Old thread but one I missed first time around.

I myself was a metal hand who also liked a bit of rave :D
    Some days I'd be out and about with my jacket with iron maiden or metallica patches sewn on, carrying my 'ghetto blaster' and playing Testament, Anthrax or MegaDeth, next day I'd be out in my Eclipse jeans, La Raiders top and baseball cap, with my ghetto blaster, playing some crap German rave bootleg tape from 'Oktoberfest'.

Oh the shame :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i remember getting x-works jeans (with the little handle thingy on the leg) an eclipse polo neck, bk dymacell runners and a LA raiders raincoat for my xmas clothes, i never felt so 'with it' in all my life... ah the memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Thread bump, I know.. (Mods, apologies, but its worth it)
    See enclosed.Took a while (3yrs) to find the film & scan.

Also, check the shaun ryder lookalikes & Petromotion jeans & lol the bloke with the Xworx Jacket!

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/03178661 K, thats all I know...

• Advertisement
Advertisement